Summer of SWTOR Update

BruceMaclean

I have been saying. I believe that you guys will really get some good PvP stuff in patch 2.4. Looks like at least 4 arenas with full announcing like Huttball, the end of pre season and start of leaderboards WITH Season 1 starting and whole sloth of other change. It won't only be a puny arena and no class balance changes or anything. More information is being released and it's looking good. I also believe that as we come closer to 2.4 launch, you will see lots more stuff coming out for it.

Just keep being optimistic and know that BioWare won't disappoint :)

There are some good things coming yes. I've only heard of 3 arenas but 4v4 seems to be a good thing to most PvP fans. The End of preseason and commencing of season 1 has yet to be elaborated on based on the fact that they took note of the decline in ranked play. There is no doubt that many changes will happen between now and 2.4 but will there be anything bigger to the PvP community than 4v4 arenas?

The thing everyone else is saying is that you are assuming the 4v4 Arenas are the only pvp related things coming in patch 2.4. What we are saying is you are making a very big assumption on a small blog design to tease you. Bioware doesn't always show their cards at first. So wait until more info is coming.

Also bioware has already stated they will not do any more OWPvP until their Hero Engine is modified to where it can sustain large groups of people in a concentrated area.

No no no! What everyone is saying is that it is an outrage that in the context it was delivered that 4v4 arenas are the only REAL addition coming for PvP. Now I am sure that cannot be the fact and that there is more indeed coming with 2.4 but to believe that something more grand than 4v4 to measure against 2 NEW Ops is ludicrous!

This is the context that was delivered to the PvP community in the “tease” of what is to come. The Devs NEED to elaborate further on SOMETHING to put PvPers to rest that it will be OK.

I cannot speak for the PvP community or even the majority of it so I will not presume to know what they think, but I for one am expecting more WAR content from Star WARS. 8v8 has provided that so far but I believe the committed PvPers do want bigger WZs not smaller.

4v4 addresses the “premades in normal WZs” issues that many non-committed PvPers have and the Ranked solo queue issue that many of the committed PvPers have.

I predict that the gear we are getting will either be tied to 4v4 or RWZs as a truer high caliber gear set rather than just a color change with the shells that have been offered thus far. I feel that 4v4 will be a hit with the “death match” and other parts of the PvP community.

But as far as PvP content that can measure up to 2 NEW Ops is just not going to happen.

There is no fair comparison of PvE to PvP but if you thought along those lines this is what we will have at 2.4…

• 8x 4mHMFP(50) =/= 3x 4v4
  • 7x 8mOps =/= 5x WZs
  • 7x 8mHMOps =/= 5x RWZs
  • 7x 8mNiMOps =/= ???
  • 7x3 16m(HM)(NiM)Ops =/= ???
  • 5x OW Daily Areas =/= 2x OW PvP with no missions
  • 9x WB PriTarg =/= ???
  • 6x HMFP(55) =/= ???
  • 40?x Daily & Weekly PvE missions =/= 2x Daily & 1 Weekly PvP missions.
  • 6x (+1)+NEW PvE Gear sets =/= 2x+NEW PvP gear sets
  • Ilum offeres WBs and 8m/16m OPS =/= 2 PvP missions when Gree event is active.

And the list can go on but I think I've exhausted the majors. But from this is there a lack in PvP content?? But again it is not the LACK of what was delivered it was the CONTENT delivered for an expectant PvP prominent patch. Maybe they can make some magic happen in the months to come but I am far from believing in these last words…

Just keep being optimistic and know that BioWare won't disappoint :)

Bioware doesn't always show their cards at first. So wait until more info is coming.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the list can go on but I think I've exhausted the majors. But from this is there a lack in PvP content?? But again it is not the LACK of what was delivered it was the CONTENT delivered for an expectant PvP prominent patch. Maybe they can make some magic happen in the months to come but I am far from believing in these last words…

They have said (twice in this very thread): that they have not disclosed everything yet.

Your angst is premature.

As for prosecuting a PvP vs PvE content expose.... it's misplaced. This PvE game has some PvP, NOT the other way around. To reverse it.. you must play a PvP game that has some PvE.... which of course requires a different MMOs forum entirely. You cannot make an MMO have a different play focus, no matter how much you complain or how long you hold your breath. This has been proven to be true in the genre since it began the better part of 20 years ago.

Edited by Andryah

They have said (twice in this very thread): that they have not disclosed everything yet.

Your angst is premature.

As for prosecuting a PvP vs PvE content expose.... it's misplaced. This PvE game has some PvP, NOT the other way around. To reverse it.. you must play a PvP game that has some PvE.... which of course requires a different MMOs forum entirely. You cannot make an MMO have a different play focus, no matter how much you complain or how long you hold your breath. This has been proven to be true in the genre since it began the better part of 20 years ago.

Truth be told, the game is neither PvE nor PvP eccentric, it has a little of everything. Trust me, if I were heavy into PvE, this would not be the game I would choose, lol. One could say the same for PvP, but the problem is as far as PvP goes, this is the best option on the market currently. That, and it has massive untapped potential. Sadly, EA gave up on this game, employing a skeleton crew, so no matter the aspect we're all getting frustrated.

Edited by Pistols

Truth be told, the game is neither PvP nor PvP eccentric, it has a little of everything. Trust me, if I were heavy into PvE, this would not be the game I would choose, lol. One could say the same for PvP, but the problem is, as far as PvP goes, this is the best option on the market currently. That, and it has massive untapped potential. Sadly, EA gave up on this game, employing a skeleton crew, so no matter the aspect we're all getting frustrated.

I was just going to say it, this is NOT a PvE game this is an MMO meaning many styles of play from the playerbase. I would not even suggest it should be a PvP game nor should this game have SOME PvP. I would not even ask for absolute equality between the two. But this game ABSOLUTELY needs more PvP content.

People forget that PvE content is consumed much faster, so there is a greater need to add ore of it. For example, who runs Eternity Vault now? Except maybe a few guild nostalgia runs and rare PUGs, nobody.

PvP is a bit different each time, so it is not consumed that quickly.

We really need to know how long the WZ creation process (from conception to final testing) is before we can demand more to be added.

Also, PvP modes are almost all used by now. We have CTF, siege, capture and hold point, we will get deathmatch in 2.4. Not sure if PvP crowd would accept just another siege map, or another CTF, or if they would complaing that "it is the same as <insert WZ name>".

I was just going to say it, this is NOT a PvE game this is an MMO meaning many styles of play from the playerbase. I would not even suggest it should be a PvP game nor should this game have SOME PvP. I would not even ask for absolute equality between the two. But this game ABSOLUTELY needs more PvP content.

I really like this reply. Well said.

People forget that PvE content is consumed much faster, so there is a greater need to add ore of it. For example, who runs Eternity Vault now? Except maybe a few guild nostalgia runs and rare PUGs, nobody.

PvP is a bit different each time, so it is not consumed that quickly.

We really need to know how long the WZ creation process (from conception to final testing) is before we can demand more to be added.

Also, PvP modes are almost all used by now. We have CTF, siege, capture and hold point, we will get deathmatch in 2.4. Not sure if PvP crowd would accept just another siege map, or another CTF, or if they would complaing that "it is the same as <insert WZ name>".

I have to counter you comment on consumption in that both are consumed the same but the expiration is what the difference. KP and EV are expired ops, EC and TFB are on the verge of expiration. S&V and NiMs are the current PvE end game PvP end game is the exact same thing as at launch + NC and AH. The expiration for PvP is boredom. PvP has a constant changing of competition and gear is not necessarily the deciding factor in wins and losses.

I know many will argue that till they are blue all over. This is not to say that someone with barely adequate gear with equal skill against top gear could win. Classes have counters to other classes. There are a dozen variables in PvP to keep it from expiring.

An Ops set for level 50s has expired for 55s, they can still do it but why? Outside WZs 50 & 55s can compete against the other and a 50 can still beat a 55 but with a low percentage chance.

This is why PvE is more prevalent than PvP in MMOs, because boredom being the enemy of the gaming industry players are likely going to get bored fighting the same Boss over and over rather than fighting other real players using different tactics each encounter.

This does not warrant a disregard to adding new environments in which to play this unexpiring experience.

I have to counter you comment on consumption in that both are consumed the same but the expiration is what the difference. <snip>

This does not warrant a disregard to adding new environments in which to play this unexpiring experience.

Like I said

First is to even know if "one new WZ per patch" demands are even realistic. Imo, they are not.

Second is, would PvP crowd accept the same "goals" but in a different environment? Or would they just complain it is the same as <another WZ>?

I am all for adding new PvP maps, but I wonder what the reaction from the PvP crowd would on for example "Battle for Uplink Station" scenario (patent pending :) ), where the goal would be to capture and hold different stations that would speed up upload of plans for some advanced alien tech. There are three stations. The more stations you hold, the faster the upload progresses. Basically, it is the same as Civil War WZ, but with different backdrop.

Now, would PvP crowd rejoice at having a new map, or would they complain that is is "just the same as Alderaan WZ"?

Like I said

First is to even know if "one new WZ per patch" demands are even realistic. Imo, they are not.

Second is, would PvP crowd accept the same "goals" but in a different environment? Or would they just complain it is the same as <another WZ>?

I am all for adding new PvP maps, but I wonder what the reaction from the PvP crowd would on for example "Battle for Uplink Station" scenario (patent pending :) ), where the goal would be to capture and hold different stations that would speed up upload of plans for some advanced alien tech. There are three stations. The more stations you hold, the faster the upload progresses. Basically, it is the same as Civil War WZ, but with different backdrop.

Now, would PvP crowd rejoice at having a new map, or would they complain that is is "just the same as Alderaan WZ"?

Well I wouldn't be asking for one new WZ per patch that imo is unreasonable. 1 every 2-3 Ops sounds reasonable though right?

Personally I don't think we need to know from concept to play how long it takes but I definitely would like to know so that if I suggested something today and they like it how long till I'll see it in game. I don't think it would hurt the community to know that info.

I don't think the PvP is really making any demands just an intense desire that there is more from 2.4 then 4x4 and some minor tweeks. I know the big talk is wait and see but we were prompted to be excited about 2.4 and it barely had note worthy PvP listings.

We just want to KNOW there is more.

I would like to see class fixes before 2.3 and 2.4.

Right now my Scoundrel healing is healing below what the Tooltip is saying. Consisantly below ~1k. Thats HUGE. And needs adjusting yesterday.

Along with other class probelems is the Commando Full Auto mechanic from procs. Most of the time, (over 50%) when you get a Full Auto proc, you miss your first 2 channelling damage attacks because the animation 1.75s behind the damage being done. Thus, dps lost on a boss in HM and NiM. Which I don't need to tell you is massive amount of damage being done and missed because class problems are still not being addressed.

What paying customers "should" see

1: Class fixes

2: Updated content for PvE and PvP (Not recylced content)

3: More testers for future content and incentives for testing future content

4: Cartal Market - The whole community knows this is where you are making the money and as such is your main focus. But you are forgetting about other content in the meantime. You will start losing more players because you can't /aren't keeping things current.

For those people you love this game because one reason or another you are letting down. Lets pick up on the enthusiastism again for the game you made and the game we love. Its falling way short.

-Macelland - Scoundrel Sawbones - Jedi Covenant

Right now my Scoundrel healing is healing below what the Tooltip is saying. Consisantly below ~1k. Thats HUGE. And needs adjusting yesterday.

Regardless of what the tooltip says, there are NO problems with Scoundrel/Operative healing.

None, at all.

Regardless of what the tooltip says, there are NO problems with Scoundrel/Operative healing.

None, at all.

This guy asking for the most OP healing class in the game to get a buff was the funniest post Ive read in awhile.

Sounds like a L2P issue. Watch your procs and cast abilities accordingly.

Edited by Dawginole

This guy asking for the most OP healing class in the game to get a buff was the funniest post Ive read in awhile.

Sounds like a L2P issue. Watch your procs and cast abilities accordingly.

um, no he isn't.

He's saying that healing done is inconsistent with what it says in the tooltip.

I don't know if it's true or not, but he's not saying anything about a buff.

Maybe the tool tip is wrong. Nothing about Op/Scoundrel heals is underperforming. Lets see some parser results if there is a claim to the contrary.

Again, no one is saying Operative heals are underperforming.

But when the tool tip says X and you get X-1000 (IF the poster who said it is right about it), then the tool tip is wrong or you're not healing for as much as you should be.

Either way, the devs should fix it, if it does indeed show the wrong numbers.

Edited by TheNahash

After doing some more testing tonight this is what I am seeing.

As you gain stacks of Upper Hand you increase your healing done by 2%. This is capped at 2% no matter if you have if you have 1 stack, or 3 stacks of Upper Hand. (For those who don't know the Scoundrel mechanics.)

At this moment with no Upper Hand as a buff on me, I heal between 4,247 - 4,721 with Underworld Medicine and with with 3 stacks of Upper Hand I heal between 5,026 - 5568 with Underworld medicine. This is healing on the low end by about 10 - 14% with Underworld Medicine. Kolto Pack has been healing correctly according to the tooltip but I still feel it needs a small buff with the HoT itself.

If you look on your Tooltip is shows the Upper Hand buff along with any proc you may get throughout the fight. (e.g. power relic proc)

Either the tooltip is wrong or the heal itself is wrong. Either way its off by a large % and needs fixed. Look at the healing numbers Bioware in relationship to Scoundrels.

Thank you

Edited by Astlopho

I hope the old xenotech weaponmaster's vest is gonna be added in 2.4 was one of my favorite robe for the sith warriros and in what way will the old PvP and PVE armor be available as? Like cartel market or in new operation?

August 6th is still looking good for Game Update 2.3:

Players can look forward to the namesake of this update, Titans of Industry – a story arc that encompasses two new Flashpoints at level 55: Czerka Corporate Labs, and Czerka Core Meltdown. CZ-198 is a major weapons research and development facility under the direction of a power-mad Czerka Corporation scientist named Rasmus Blys. In addition to two Flashpoints where players will confront Rasmus and his creations, CZ-198 offers new daily missions for players looking to earn credits, commendations, and reputation rewards. The new Flashpoints are available in both story mode and hard mode. In order to ensure you can jump right into the action, we’re trying something new. The story modes for the new Czerka Flashpoints are role-neutral, which means Group Finder will match you with the first three players it finds, regardless of your group role. Hard mode will of course require a fully balanced group, offering new challenges for you and your friends at level 55. CZ-198 offers some great new reputation rewards, including new Czerka adaptive gear, mini-pets, some incredibly powerful new droid companion gear and schematics, and the Czerka Executive Cruiser – a luxury landspeeder that oozes style. Also in 2.3 we are introducing the new Companion Character Treek, a deadly and resourceful killer who also happens to be an Ewok.

Still on course for next week?

I hope the old xenotech weaponmaster's vest is gonna be added in 2.4 was one of my favorite robe for the sith warriros and in what way will the old PvP and PVE armor be available as? Like cartel market or in new operation?

Wait did you see something I didn't?

A lot of the old PvE armor is availble from the level 50 SM Ops. There is a vendor on the Gav ship. It requires some shifting through though. They put Force and Tech users all under one vendor.

A lot of the old PvE armor is availble from the level 50 SM Ops. There is a vendor on the Gav ship. It requires some shifting through though. They put Force and Tech users all under one vendor.

I think you're mistaken. None of the old PvE armor is available. The vendor you are referring to accepts unassembled old PvE tokens and gives you classic commendations for them.

so will we have to trade in the conqueror pvp gear for the new pvp gear, or are we allowed to keep it?

i would like to keep a few pieces! but if we have to trade it for the new gear, i would have to get the coqueror gear twice :-(

a prior warning would be great :-)

so will we have to trade in the conqueror pvp gear for the new pvp gear, or are we allowed to keep it?

i would like to keep a few pieces! but if we have to trade it for the new gear, i would have to get the coqueror gear twice :-(

a prior warning would be great :-)

Especially since it takes on average 3 months to get a set

• 2 weeks later...

I've been loving these look ahead updates, so... what's next? :D We know 2.4 is coming soon - is that still slated for October? It feels sooner with it already on the PTS?

I would love to see...

- Return of the Rakghoul Event

- Return of the Chevening Event

- More achievement bug fixes