Lost Island Nerf?

Maybe interrupting Lightning Arc is supposed to stop him spawning the bubble, but was bugged and they fixed it.

Otherwise, all your successful attempts to interrupt the Lightning Arc seems to be quite pointless in the fight. You would rather ignore them if they are not supposed to spawn the bubble.

Maybe interrupting Lightning Arc is supposed to stop him spawning the bubble, but was bugged and they fixed it.

Otherwise, all your successful attempts to interrupt the Lightning Arc seems to be quite pointless in the fight. You would rather ignore them if they are not supposed to spawn the bubble.

Huh? The two abilities he casts that can be interrupted are Incinerate and Plasma Arc. Not Lightning Arc.

The first 2 times i went in (hard mode), NO balls that spawned on the 2nd boss. NONE. Guildies took others in and got pwnd by the expanding lightenign balls. i ran it with them next day, no balls (i was dps). So i went to tank it tonight (primary spec), and its been a LONG time since ive blown thru all of my defensive cooldowns in the first minute. :eek:

Guildies told me that on one run, the boss dropped balls every 5 seconds, the whole room was full in 30.

So, they need to take a long hard look that this buggy boss.

Just ran it. Still Quest Impossible. I don't feel anything has changed since the last 2 times we failed it.

Plenty of lightning balls even we tried to interrupt everything.

Impossible for a group with any commando (no interrupt) or 2 melee. Broken design.

Makes me sick of this game. Any motives can drive me out of the game instantly.

If you happened to be able to kill the 1st boss and think it is easy, probably you are lucky to have hit a bugged one.

Besides, I don't think they are capable to fix anything like this in a week or so, considering so many small bugs still unfixed after 4 months ... They would say it is fine because they can't fix it in time for a response.

Edited by Hologramx

Just ran it. Still Quest Impossible. I don't feel anything has changed since the last 2 times we failed it.

Impossible for a group with any commando (no interrupt) or 2 melee. Broken design.

If you happened to be able to kill the 1st boss and think it is easy, probably you are lucky to have hit a bugged one.

Besides, I don't think they are capable to fix anything like this in a week or so, considering so many small bugs still unfixed after 4 months ... They would say it is fine because they can't fix it in time for a response.

All tanks have interrupts, they should get the incinerate. With 2 melee, just have the tank kite him around the room. Its harder but very doable if you have a good tank.

It's really not a hard fight if your group can keep moving out of the lightning spires. People are complaining left and right about the new fp and the new op, because there are finally fights that you can't ignore mechanics. Move out of the spires, kill boss, profit. As has been said before with melee you need to move the boss as well, but it is still very doable.

It's really not a hard fight if your group can keep moving out of the lightning spires. People are complaining left and right about the new fp and the new op, because there are finally fights that you can't ignore mechanics. Move out of the spires, kill boss, profit. As has been said before with melee you need to move the boss as well, but it is still very doable.

From what I've been reading on the forums, it just seems a bit overkill. You absolutely can't miss one, not one interrupt. That's really harsh, especially for the people who come from doing the previous flashpoints. These are really forgiving. I think it would be okay if they tuned it down a bit, but just a bit.

Boss is fine.

Can 1 shot it every attempt after running it twice.

No problems at all, even in Full Tionese.

Meh, i solo him with pre 50 green gear. Srsly ppl, SS or it never happened.

And yes LI hm needs nerf coz it is almost impossible in pug and even hard in guild.

From what I've been reading on the forums, it just seems a bit overkill. You absolutely can't miss one, not one interrupt. That's really harsh, especially for the people who come from doing the previous flashpoints. These are really forgiving. I think it would be okay if they tuned it down a bit, but just a bit.

It's true that you can't miss an interrupt, but it's a semi-forgiving interrupt; Incinerate is channeled for three seconds; and you get a debuff stack for each second that goes by. One stack is quite survivable; two if your healer is on the ball and not already under pressure. Three and your tank is most likely going to go down like a lead balloon.

Malgus' Unlimited Power is channeled for 3 seconds, and if it goes through you all die (ok, I have survived once, when Salvation was down under the group and everyone was at max health, but that was a freak scenario). The difference with Incinerate is that the faster you interrupt it, the easier things are for your healer and thus the group as a whole.

And yes LI hm needs nerf coz it is almost impossible in pug and even hard in guild.

And all content should be puggable because?

Edited by Aurojiin

We ran it not long ago with 2 commando's (dps), a sage (healer), and a guardian (tank) and after a few wipes we learned the fight and it wasnt so bad.

Our group wasnt even full columi either.

Sure the fight is difficult, but with a group who knows how to play it is very do-able.

We ran it not long ago with 2 commando's (dps), a sage (healer), and a guardian (tank) and after a few wipes we learned the fight and it wasnt so bad.

Our group wasnt even full columi either.

Sure the fight is difficult, but with a group who knows how to play it is very do-able.

We ran this with our guild composed of 1 WM Sent, GS, Shadow Tank and Scoundrel heals all full Columni or Rakata. This fight literally caused my optical brain function to shut down, *********** lightning and fire everywhere CHAOS.

We are very coordinated understand the fight's script and executed the plan . It was just so buggy that after 21 secs, I timed it with keyboard as a melee i had nowhere to stand and, yes are tank was pulling him around the entire room to avoid them but they started to overlap and stack on top of each other. Now dont get me wrong i love a challenge, I like to have to think and be very pro and reactive I however, do not like to have to repeatedly die to RNG. PHAILSAUCE

We do this instance regularly and a few tips for L-5R (I would add tips for all bosses... But that will make this a Bibble, soz):

- Your melee and your Tank needs to be as close as possible to existing Electric Spheres (They grow twice after the initial deployment). That way half each sphere will be "lost in the other". DO this and you will have always a place to run. Ranged DPS should do the same as they have more placement options but's not a requirement. If you have melee DPS ONLY, be carefull to not block completely a row of Specimen Tubes... "Patient Zero" are ranged and you may find yourself unable to DPS them.

- Incinerate IS an AOE DoT. It affects EVERYTHING in 4m around the current target. Every1 should keep 5m+ from the tank at all times. The DoT channel can be fully interrupted with fast reflexes. The DoT CAN BE CLEANSED (it has 3 charges on a fully complete channel) but any GCD spent on cleansing will remove 2 of them. 1 DoT charge is healable without problems.

- "Experimental Cannon" is a pain not because of the damage or agro reset... It's because, combined with a badly placed Electrical Sphere may trigger a situation were a melee-only interrupt tank find himself away from the Boss when "Experimental Cannon" ends, well... If the tank is not on melee range, L will alter the casting order and will mostly try to Incinerate. WATCHOUT this combo if your tank is a JK. The tank should taunt the Boss right before EC channel is about to end because is at the end were agro is cleaned.

- Interrupt as much "Plasma Arc" as possible... But only by ppl not the MT. On an average party you have another interrupter also (If it's the healer tell him to Focus the boss and use a "Cast on focus" on his interruption power).

From all the above tips the most important one to explain, if you find yourself as the leader of a PuG, is "Get as close as possible to existing Electrical Spheres"... Just by doing this you will avoid most of the "bad combos" that can happen. Obviously, interrupting Incinerate is not that hard to do (with the caveat I explained above).

Edited by ragamer

And all content should be puggable because?

Because u cant run flashpoints with guild anytime u want, and i think flashpoints(dungeons) should be instances where players can gear up for operations.

Edited by Mishko

Because u cant run flashpoints with guild anytime u want, and i think flashpoints(dungeons) should be instances where players can gear up for operations.

7/8 HM offer Columni gear which is more then enough for starting OPs. These are also easily beaten and no longer have a lockout preventing farming.

1/8 HM offers a true challenge for those who don't want to put together an 8-man group. the gear is a step up for the effort put in because of this.

I don't really see how 1 FP can really make a difference in the ability of players obtaining gear for starting OP's. And, considering guilds seem to be the majority of the groups running this one FP, I would imagine that most guilds do have the ability to run this anytime they want.

7/8 HM offer Columni gear which is more then enough for starting OPs. These are also easily beaten and no longer have a lockout preventing farming.

1/8 HM offers a true challenge for those who don't want to put together an 8-man group. the gear is a step up for the effort put in because of this.

I don't really see how 1 FP can really make a difference in the ability of players obtaining gear for starting OP's. And, considering guilds seem to be the majority of the groups running this one FP, I would imagine that most guilds do have the ability to run this anytime they want.

7/8 HM, only last boss drops columi gear. One piece and if you're unlucky, a piece for a class that;s not even in the group.