Achievement Removed After Completion

Jedi_Cook

This is complicated, and will take a little explaining, but I just had credit removed for the "Javaal Fleet Action Mastery" achievement. What's more, since ALL I lost was the achievement completion, the objectives for the achievement are still completed, and I cannot complete it again, rendering the achievement impossible for me to acquire.

I'll now explain how this happened.

Originally several of the space mission achievements were incapable of being completed, due to extraneous objectives.

Two to three patches ago, a hotfix was introduced which awarded completion of these achievements upon completion of all the objectives which were possible to complete. The downside to this system was that the achievements awarded this way never pulled themselves from your achievement tracker, and you would be stuck with them on your tracker indefinitely, since there is no way to Toggle Tracking on a completed achievement.

This left me with all of my achievements completed, but two achievements left in my quest tracker, Saleucami Fleet Mastery and Javaal Fleet Mastery. And I could not remove them from my tracker (despite sending about a dozen bug reports in-game).

Then, with the last patch, you purged the extraneous objectives and allowed completion of all the Space Mission achievements under normal circumstances. Saleucami Fleet Action and Javaal Fleet Action's trackers were now left with a single objective apiece, one which I had already completed, instead of the previous tracked objectives, which were unobtainable. For Javaal Fleet Action Mastery, the objective was "Neutralize the Enemy Fleet", and for Saleucami Fleet Action Mastery it was "Eliminate Fighters".

So today, I went and did Javaal Fleet Action, and completed the bonus objective. This pulled the objective from my tracker, but left the achievement in my tracker. Going then to the achievement page, I found that the Javaal Fleet Action Mastery achievement was now listed as Incomplete. This did allow me to toggle its tracking and remove it from my tracker, but I'm now stuck with no way of completing this achievement, since all of its objectives are already finished.

So the current state of my achievements are this: Javaal Fleet Action Mastery's objectives are completed, but the achievement itself is incompleted. And for Saleucami Fleet Action Mastery, the achievement is completed, but it is still in my tracker.

Please, please sort this out. I've spent the last few patches trying desperately to get these completed achievements out of my tracker, and now I finally succeed, only to lose credit for it and be unable to get it back. I am not very pleased.

I gather you have submitted a in-game ticket with this info.

Yep. I've also submitted in game tickets on every issue that led up to this.

While on the PTR I submitted tickets saying the achievements had objectives which were impossible to complete.

When it hit live, I did the same.

When my tracker first bugged, several months ago, I submitted a ticket.

With each additional patch, I submitted the tickets again.

And I submitted one on this issue earlier today.

Since the devs do seem to actually pay some attention to this forum, I'm hoping that I might actually get a resolution out of it, since they seem to ignore the tickets completely.

Forum CS back on Monday now me thinks

There is also the bug report forum http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=417

I'm not sure if they'd really even consider this a bug issue, since I don't think you could reproduce the effects now that they've finally cleaned up the achievement system.

But it is definitely a Customer Service issue, as my account's achievements and tracker are still sort of hosed.

I'll try a bug report, though, I suppose.

• Dev Post

Hello there,

We're currently investigating a few reports with Javaal Fleet Action and the behavior you're describing currently. Unfortunately, Customer Support will be unlikely to resolve this for you at this time.

When we have information about when the issue will be fixed, we'll be sure to post about it in the Forum; we're sorry for the inconvenience!

Hello there,

We're currently investigating a few reports with Javaal Fleet Action and the behavior you're describing currently. Unfortunately, Customer Support will be unlikely to resolve this for you at this time.

When we have information about when the issue will be fixed, we'll be sure to post about it in the Forum; we're sorry for the inconvenience!

Is there any further information I can provide that will help you narrow down or solve this problem?

• Dev Post
Is there any further information I can provide that will help you narrow down or solve this problem?

Hi Jedi_Cook,

Thanks for the follow up, but we've got it locked down now, and I've posted about it in another thread. To prevent confusion and to keep updates in one place, I'm going to close this thread and will be sure that I continue to post relevant updates in the thread linked.

Thanks bunches!