The Ideal Guild Quiz!

Dink

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a reminder, we still have a number of guilds that have not yet responded to our email/PM requests for updated information - all guilds that have not responded by Jan 31 will be deleted from the database.

Steadfast and House Kowasu have just been added to the quiz - welcome both :)

List of all guilds currently included as potential results in the quiz.

Edited by Dink

Hey Dink,

With the remodeling of the guild hall are you going to need a new link to our recruiting posts?

Unfortunately, each time they reorganize things around (and don't move threads themselves), we'll need to update your records in the database to reflect the new location. I'm confident we'll be able to handle the majority of the updates ourselves with the new structure (organizing by server names will make it considerably easier to find each guild's new thread), but if you can let us know your new URL that would be very appreciated (one less thing for us to track down).

You can post the new address here, send me a PM, or respond back to the emails for the quiz - any will be fine.

Still crossing my fingers for the kind folks at BioWare to release an API of some sort so I can programmatically 'hook' into guild data (hint hint for any devs reading this :)).

As a reminder, all guilds that have not responded to our earlier emails or PMs by Jan 31 will be deleted from the database....please make sure that you have followed up with us by tomorrow (no later than 12am EST).

Jump Twice and Crimson Nova have just been added to the quiz - welcome both :)

List of all guilds currently included as potential results in the quiz.

wait...

OOOOOOOO YOU GUISE!!! YOOOOOUUUU SNEAKYSNEAKS!

After re-reading question #16, I now understand that it was a trick question. Essentially you're asking if you want to be in a good guild, and nobody guild, or a horrible guild. I see what happened now. The words "Infamous" and "Dirty" magnetically pulled my clicker-finger in that direction.

Well I suppose we'll need to be updated to "Famous". Thanks!

[sqlException (0x80131904): Invalid column name 'Type'.

Invalid column name 'PVE'.]

My kung fu must be weak

:(

*** after some testing, it appears changing the first three options (server types etc) can give rise to this error.

Edited by Punpal

How do I add my guild to the quiz?

If you meet this criteria, please email support@tortoolbox.com and let us know that you are interested.

Hey Dink, would you pretty please put this info on the front page of the IGQ? I've been touting the IGQ and the most common question I get is how to get one's guild on it? I think the way it's set up now, you don't know how to get one's guild on it until you're done with it.

Paige

Why did the quiz kick me out and send me an email castigating me for my liberal commie scum responses?

j/k

actually I got an error on submission:

~~~~~~~~~~begin error message~~~~~~~~~

Server Error in '/' Application.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Invalid column name 'Region'.

Invalid column name 'US'.

Invalid column name 'East'.

~~~~~~~~~~ end error report~~~~~~~~~~~~

Naturally there were many details following what I copy/pasted but those have no place here when the error should be reproducable given the above.

Edited by Gleneagle

Thanks everyone for alerting me to the errors...turns out it was a missing "single quote" in a code section :rolleyes: - I've fixed the issue, and using the filters should now work correctly for servers, types and regions.

Hey Dink, would you pretty please put this info on the front page of the IGQ? I've been touting the IGQ and the most common question I get is how to get one's guild on it? I think the way it's set up now, you don't know how to get one's guild on it until you're done with it.

Paige

I've added a line in the intro section that links back to this thread to find out how to add your guild to the quiz (the OP was updated a few weeks back to help highlight the section on how to get a guild added) - thanks for pointing that out :)

Also, Space Cowboys have been added to the quiz - Welcome!! :)

Thanks everyone for alerting me to the errors...turns out it was a missing "single quote" in a code section :rolleyes: - I've fixed the issue, and using the filters should now work correctly for servers, types and regions.

I've added a line in the intro section that links back to this thread to find out how to add your guild to the quiz (the OP was updated a few weeks back to help highlight the section on how to get a guild added) - thanks for pointing that out :)

Also, Space Cowboys have been added to the quiz - Welcome!! :)

Your correction worked, Dink. Interestingly your quiz cited as top pick Chivalry on Juyo for me, which also happens to be the one I picked scanning the recruitment threads.

Coincidence? Or Conspiracy?

Your correction worked, Dink. Interestingly your quiz cited as top pick Chivalry on Juyo for me, which also happens to be the one I picked scanning the recruitment threads.

Coincidence? Or Conspiracy?

Sounds to me like "working as intended" :D

The Corellian League has now been added to the quiz - Welcome :)