Ranked Warzone Development League

SEANeD

As usual it seems Uncensored has turned thsi post into something about them. Bajezuz do you guys always have to steal the spotlight. I think what Seane is trying to promote is a competetive battlefield for teams of around the same skill level. IMO, which no one cares about i am sure, when our guilds go agaist Uncensored, we do give it our all but its hard to learn and make fast decisions when you're alive all of 20 seconds. Now i know im going to get bashed and ridiculed for this post. i would expect nothing less, but some of our teams struggle with things such as group composition, target focusing, and other things that need to be addressed. So i think what Seane is putting together will only help us improve on those things with players of the skill level. and just let me say im not taking away from anyones skill that isnt my point, but im not going to lie and say my guild is on the same skill level as uncensored at this time, but we are only going to get better if we can actually compete on an EVEN playing field. We will be there Seane, just let us know when.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As usual it seems Uncensored has turned thsi post into something about them. Bajezuz do you guys always have to steal the spotlight. I think what Seane is trying to promote is a competetive battlefield for teams of around the same skill level. IMO, which no one cares about i am sure, when our guilds go agaist Uncensored, we do give it our all but its hard to learn and make fast decisions when you're alive all of 20 seconds. Now i know im going to get bashed and ridiculed for this post. i would expect nothing less, but some of our teams struggle with things such as group composition, target focusing, and other things that need to be addressed. So i think what Seane is putting together will only help us improve on those things with players of the skill level. and just let me say im not taking away from anyones skill that isnt my point, but im not going to lie and say my guild is on the same skill level as uncensored at this time, but we are only going to get better if we can actually compete on an EVEN playing field. We will be there Seane, just let us know when.

the thing is, you're leaving all the top guilds out to dry. so are we just supposed to die of boredom while we wait for you all to get better. we wont have anyone to queue agaisnt.

Was just in a group against 4 qdodgers.. Impressive on the response times to various moves on different turrets... You seemed to really have a good grasp on PvP. Looking like once you guys get up and running that there may be another team to add to the ranked pool.

I mean am i the only one that found this funny?!?! lawl

Rox i got nothing but luv for ya but the system is designed that if 3 teams a qd and 2 teams are closer to the same rating they will always face eachother. If were qd and they have 2 teams at 1200ish they will always face eachother. It happens all the time.

the thing is, you're leaving all the top guilds out to dry. so are we just supposed to die of boredom while we wait for you all to get better. we wont have anyone to queue agaisnt.

This is what happens when all the good players all flock to the same 2 guilds to avoid any real adversity. Tough break...

Was just in a group against 4 qdodgers.. Impressive on the response times to various moves on different turrets... You seemed to really have a good grasp on PvP. Looking like once you guys get up and running that there may be another team to add to the ranked pool.

Thanks, but having 4 people on the same page in a warzone is easy. In ranked you need all 8 people communicating and on the same page. That's what this development league will help, because as of right now the only way to get all 8 in is to superqueue, which is frowned upon, or queue against a team that has been playing ranked with each other way longer. Like roxxay said, being alive 20seconds at the most will not be enough to learn anything from. And for those that think we are leaving the top guilds out to wait while we get better, your pretty much right, but in a month or so you'll see a few new guilds that can actually give you a game.

nothing wrong with wanting to play with people who know how to play their class. nobody likes to carry.

I really don't care if all the good players go to uncensored. You guys had to put a lot of effort to get to the point where everyone wants to join. All i'm saying is you have to give guilds that don't have try outs or are extremely selective about recruits time to get better by playing teams of equal competition. And for this Ranked Development League i'm not even sure Qdodgers will be able to do it for a bit because we haven't had 8 people on line since we started. Once I make a set team give me a week to practice and idc who I play.

I mean am i the only one that found this funny?!?! lawl

Whats funny about this? Us being so bad that we will never be able to get a competent ranked team, or that he maybe prematurely judged us? Both those wins that he saw us in were in against premades of very good guilds. I think this could be seen as an argument starter.

nothing wrong with wanting to play with people who know how to play their class. nobody likes to carry.

Of course... But don't complain about lack of competition when you've basically eliminated it all by joining up. If there were cross server queues it would be less of an issue but it is what it is.

The idea behind this is to get guilds some practice on strats and tactics and decent competition against other guilds of similar level. Super queuing against uncoordinated or brain dead pugs doesn't help but neither does being steamrolled by fully optimized WH and already well coordinated teams.

Even the best college football teams would be demolished by the worst professional football team, so this thing about "top teams left out to dry" is like the Baltimore Ravens complaining about not getting a shot at the BCS against Alabama. Cry me a river, yo...

Of course... But don't complain about lack of competition when you've basically eliminated it all by joining up. If there were cross server queues it would be less of an issue but it is what it is.

The idea behind this is to get guilds some practice on strats and tactics and decent competition against other guilds of similar level. Super queuing against uncoordinated or brain dead pugs doesn't help but neither does being steamrolled by fully optimized WH and already well coordinated teams.

Even the best college football teams would be demolished by the worst professional football team, so this thing about "top teams left out to dry" is like the Baltimore Ravens complaining about not getting a shot at the BCS against Alabama. Cry me a river, yo...

Exactly.

i never said that , to my knowledge you guys que pretty much every night regardless if we are trying to do something different, so i dont see why you have an issue with it,if you que and we que ..game on if we are selected together . nothing either of us can do about it

LOL yes. all TWO of them. the same TWO of them that play each other twice a week. pardon me if I shed no tears for thee.

if anyone is getting offended by my posts, i apologise. im just really boooooooored.

no worries man. Panser reached out to us the other night and gave a rather insightful and intelligent perspective from your part. We understand what you guys are trying to do and to your guilds credit - I sincerely think you guys want a thriving ranked competition as opposed to just rofl-stomping everyone. I am a very pragmatic person and as I said before, I'm skeptical if this is going to succeed or not. If we really want a thriving ranked competition in our server, everyone has to step it up. Leave the egos on the side and to those people in guilds with ranked team aspirations, help your team.

The reason ranked competitions is so little in our server is because there is not enough people to fill out a bunch of teams. Kickball may have rejuvenated it for a while, but that is a short term fixed and lack the commitment that would have come if it would have been represented by a guild/ full team. I think the idea here is to give starter teams enough jolt to be self sustainable. Even if they are not on the same league as uncensored or ld50, if we could just encourage more teams to participate it would really go a long way in improving the ranked scene. Right now, if you queue for ranked, there really is just one team that waits on the other side and that is uncensored (not that I have anything against going against you guys but you get what I'm saying here). The intent is to get more teams to queue on a given night so that your rating actually works. Now if this fails.. then I guess we all wait for cross-server queueing to actually used the rating matchmaking mechanism.

Rox i got nothing but luv for ya but the system is designed that if 3 teams a qd and 2 teams are closer to the same rating they will always face eachother. If were qd and they have 2 teams at 1200ish they will always face eachother. It happens all the time.

This is nonsense. A while back We made two Pug Groups to play against eachother and 3 of the 4 queue pops we got were against LD50 Group. Pretty sure we were closer rated to the other pug group. But maybe LD50 had a bad month :) We didn't want to leave them hanging so we took our beating. Their so called match making system is non existent. It just takes first 2 teams queue no matter what rating is. Back On Canderous Ordo we also had a few pug groups queuing up and we Got Infidels 5 times, LD50 2 times. Never ever got a pop with other pug group.

Jenna'syyde

Edited by rlamela

As usual it seems Uncensored has turned thsi post into something about them.

Roxxay I was the first member of Uncensored to post in this thread, did I mean to spot light on my guild, no, if it happened i'm sorry. The fact is people can get away with queue dodging and avoiding certain teams because there is a lack of teams into the queue, its not even about Uncensored or LD, its about people being affraid to queue because we're the only one in there.

If cross server was in this game we wouldn't have this problem, in fact if people weren't getting butt hurt also we wouldn't have this problem. Why cross-server? Because the ELO system would be working proprely because the number of teams would be greater than 2 at all time, and also if people would stop worring about their rating and being made fun of they would queue up which would make a healthier ranked community.

Truth to be told I counted about 12 guilds that have the potential to make a full 8man to run rated, some being really good, middle of the pack and some bad. With 12 teams in at 8 players each thats 96 players needed, that many players isn't hard to gather honestly with the pvp community that we have on JC, the problem we run into is that they all want to bring their best 8 to beat the top tier guild, which mean they're not queueing until they have it, the wait time betewn pop increase and teams get discouraged of waiting and then no one else is left into the queue.

Since you're from the 2nd merge I assume you don't know much about Uncensored's history, if you think we recruited all the best players on the server to eliminate the competition you don't know anything about our recruitement process. There is countless diamonds in the rough just waiting to be picked up and polished, but no one is willing to put up the effort it seems.

To give you a brief history of Uncensored, we came from Shi Cho, came with about 15 members, some left to GW2 and we had to rebuild our guild, since the imperial guild The Turks, original JC guild, was our most fierce competition at the time and we had the chance to have good relation with them we decided to merge since they were having the same problem, basicly we went from 15 members to staying at 15ish member after a guild merge, Since then we might have added 5 members to our roster.

If you think we're taking all the good players away, maybe you just don't know how to judge the value of players, since Uncensored value chemistry and in-guild relation more than brute skill.

Do we have skilled players? Yes. But did those players joined Uncensored only because they're skilled? No.

LOL yes. all TWO of them. the same TWO of them that play each other twice a week. pardon me if I shed no tears for thee.

Thats exaclty why you're missing the point, ranked queue isn't meant for what Seane is trying to do, what he's trying to do is great, just like kick ball was, but bring 2 or 3 teams more in the ranked queue unless they're willing to queue up like we do, is just going to delay the inevitable death of ranked again, the problem isn't that 2 teams dominate, the picture is much larger than that.

Don't shed a tear, just open up you eyes and see that its only a piece of the puzzle. The problem isn't Uncensored or LD50, problem is no one wants to queue because they're self-centered about their rating when ranked has been going for months now. if people are still getting this feeling now without a major community value change, it will stay the same.

Now give this man a chance and get back on topic, after all Seane if trying to make something good.

Edited by Amortys

Don't shed a tear, just open up you eyes and see that its only a piece of the puzzle. The problem isn't Uncensored or LD50, problem is no one wants to queue because they're self-centered about their rating when ranked has been going for months now. if people are still getting this feeling now without a major community value change, it will stay the same.

Now give this man a chance and get back on topic, after all Seane if trying to make something good.

luls. I"m missing the point? to paraphrase what I responded to, "where does this leave Uncensored if you're doing your variation of kick ball that avoids us" my answer: right where uncensored is now: dominating the queue and playing competitive matches with the only other guild capable of fielding a competitive team. seane wants to set aside a day or two to NOT put his overmatched team up against uncensored and the cry is "foul!" "where does that leave uncensored"? lol I don't know what else to say man. what, exactly, am I misinterpreting here? if the uncensored-dodging teams DON'T queue up, is that going to be any different from uncensored sitting in an empty queue because LD50 isn't queued at the time? no. so what's your problem with it?

I'm with you on the shallow pool and the x-server thing. but x-server doesn't exist. so you can sit in the rated Q all day and intimidate teams that aren't in your league, or you can just say, ok, we'll give you this time of this day to go play amongst yourselves. either way, you're not playing anyone. it's just a matter of whether you want to allow others to or not. and hey, that's your prerogative.

at least you're not the douches superQing in regs.

Edited by foxmob

Roxxay I was the first member of Uncensored to post in this thread, did I mean to spot light on my guild, no, if it happened i'm sorry. The fact is people can get away with queue dodging and avoiding certain teams because there is a lack of teams into the queue, its not even about Uncensored or LD, its about people being affraid to queue because we're the only one in there.

If cross server was in this game we wouldn't have this problem, in fact if people weren't getting butt hurt also we wouldn't have this problem. Why cross-server? Because the ELO system would be working proprely because the number of teams would be greater than 2 at all time, and also if people would stop worring about their rating and being made fun of they would queue up which would make a healthier ranked community.

Truth to be told I counted about 12 guilds that have the potential to make a full 8man to run rated, some being really good, middle of the pack and some bad. With 12 teams in at 8 players each thats 96 players needed, that many players isn't hard to gather honestly with the pvp community that we have on JC, the problem we run into is that they all want to bring their best 8 to beat the top tier guild, which mean they're not queueing until they have it, the wait time betewn pop increase and teams get discouraged of waiting and then no one else is left into the queue.

Since you're from the 2nd merge I assume you don't know much about Uncensored's history, if you think we recruited all the best players on the server to eliminate the competition you don't know anything about our recruitement process. There is countless diamonds in the rough just waiting to be picked up and polished, but no one is willing to put up the effort it seems.

To give you a brief history of Uncensored, we came from Shi Cho, came with about 15 members, some left to GW2 and we had to rebuild our guild, since the imperial guild The Turks, original JC guild, was our most fierce competition at the time and we had the chance to have good relation with them we decided to merge since they were having the same problem, basicly we went from 15 members to staying at 15ish member after a guild merge, Since then we might have added 5 members to our roster.

If you think we're taking all the good players away, maybe you just don't know how to judge the value of players, since Uncensored value chemistry and in-guild relation more than brute skill.

Do we have skilled players? Yes. But did those players joined Uncensored only because they're skilled? No.

Thats exaclty why you're missing the point, ranked queue isn't meant for what Seane is trying to do, what he's trying to do is great, just like kick ball was, but bring 2 or 3 teams more in the ranked queue unless they're willing to queue up like we do, is just going to delay the inevitable death of ranked again, the problem isn't that 2 teams dominate, the picture is much larger than that.

We are not afraid to que against you, it just doesnt accomplish anything. We know we arent on your level of playing yet, so until we work out the kinks amongst our guild it doesnt pay for us to que against you it only pads your rating and diminishes ours, and at the same time doesnt do much for morale either. And i give kudos to your guild for being where they are, not taking anything away from what you have accomplished, all we are asking is to be given the same opportunity to thrive, my guild works their butts off to min/maxx and try to be competetive to que and lose ...well it doesnt feel like we obtained our goal. Not in anyway asking for sympathy but i have some damn good people in my guild that deserve to be in the spotlight too, and to be told by your fearless leader that they are and i quote "nothing" really pisses me off:mad:

I think many of the pvp guilds would struggle to put a team together most nights seems like interest has been dwindling lately. They would need another merger or figure out cross server tech to ever have a thriving rated community ( which they pretty much said is never coming) So whats the point?

Also they most likely look at it as a niche request at this point, IMO the majority of people who pvp have little interest in doing rateds in its current form, and really dont feel like being on someones highlight reel on twitch :rak_01:

I know it would be kind of ghetto but they could use some of the tech from the PTS char copy and just make a RWZ server folks could play on when they want to play vs other servers :rak_02:

Edited by dego-harmonium

Just to clarify... My point wasn't <Uncensored> taking all the talent. I have no problem with you guys at all. About a week ago I got grouped in a reg with a few of your guys in a void star match, and kill farmed some LD50 guys. I had a modest 300k damage and like 30 something kills but admittedly Guts and Devil did much of the heavy lifting. Top 5 match in my pvp life, lol.

But to get back on point... I had known Kage, and was very briefly guilded with him before he joined with you guys, when I was in a fledgling pvp guild called <Wraith Squadron> on my 1 rep side character. Before we could even get off the ground to even superqueue regs he left us to app with LD50. Which I had no problem with, but that's why it's hard to get new guilds going in ranked.

Soon as players get good enough to compete they go running to the top guilds instead of trying to beat them. It's a dumb cycle. No one wants to play with or carry "bads" but if all the good players go to the same 2 guilds (this is more of a problem with that other guild than you guys but one of yours was the only one to respond sort of negatively to this thread) you run into the problem we are in now.

I'm not blaming <Uncensored> or <Lethal Dose Fifty> for recruiting and picking up the best (as you should)... I blame these people with the "can't beat 'em so join 'em" mentality that basically thins out any hope of competition.

People just have to understand that they can't have it both ways. Ranked is dead because "elite" pvpers killed it.

Just to clarify... My point wasn't <Uncensored> taking all the talent. I have no problem with you guys at all. About a week ago I got grouped in a reg with a few of your guys in a void star match, and kill farmed some LD50 guys. I had a modest 300k damage and like 30 something kills but admittedly Guts and Devil did much of the heavy lifting. Top 5 match in my pvp life, lol.

But to get back on point... I had known Kage, and was very briefly guilded with him before he joined with you guys, when I was in a fledgling pvp guild called <Wraith Squadron> on my 1 rep side character. Before we could even get off the ground to even superqueue regs he left us to app with LD50. Which I had no problem with, but that's why it's hard to get new guilds going in ranked.

Soon as players get good enough to compete they go running to the top guilds instead of trying to beat them. It's a dumb cycle. No one wants to play with or carry "bads" but if all the good players go to the same 2 guilds (this is more of a problem with that other guild than you guys but one of yours was the only one to respond sort of negatively to this thread) you run into the problem we are in now.

I'm not blaming <Uncensored> or <Lethal Dose Fifty> for recruiting and picking up the best (as you should)... I blame these people with the "can't beat 'em so join 'em" mentality that basically thins out any hope of competition.

People just have to understand that they can't have it both ways. Ranked is dead because "elite" pvpers killed it.

We have no desire to have the "if you can't beat em join em" people on our roster. Everyone on Uncensored's rated team makes a genuine contribution each match. This is why we don't recruit except in very rare cases where we need to fill a recently vacated roll. Players from our guild get messages every day about joining, we have taken 1 during the past few months so your perception (or the perception you are alluding to) is very untrue for Uncensored.

There's actually quite a few Uncensored members who have offered to help out other guilds if/when were not doing ranked with the guild. Devil and some others have also tried a form of "coaching" with other guilds. In the past we've even played nice in rated games by allowing the other teams to get all their medals and practice their node defense/offense, ball carrying etc. I'm sure that if you mention politely before or during a ranked match that Uncensored will try to accommodate for you.

I remember when I used to PVE in WOW I'd watch/read about different boss encounters for hours. Anyone that's currently looking to get into the ranked scene in swtor should be doing the same but with Devil/Cates and other streams, the pvp forums and any other forum or webpage that discusses strategy.

Invite muh if I'm not doing rated with Uncensored! I'll help you own those turd burglars ;)