Best Base Class Overall, based on personal preference

PurpleYetti

I'm just wondering, after 4 months of play time, what the users are considering to be the "best" class in the game, based on personal preference.

I have played every Republic class, and by far my favorite is the Smuggler. My main is a Jedi Consular (Seer spec), but the smuggler story and companions and even the role in groups that I play in is so much better than my main IMO. But that's only Republic, Imperial has so much more!. I started a BH and SW. I love them both. I give them all storylines and "legacy" crap that just resides in my head, but means a lot to me when I create them.

But I have to say that my personal favorite class in the game, by far, is the Bounty Hunter. I've only made it to lvl 25 (50 Consular, 40 Smuggler, 25 BH, 10+ everything else) but so far it's the best. Best story, best (conversation) actions, best companions (I haven't unlocked Blizz yet, but who doesn't want a Jawa companion that has a rocket launcher). I've heard that the story gets weak after A1, and that upsets me, but so far it's great.

I just want to know what you think, as the great players of this game. What is the best class?

Overall on the Republic side I'd say the most entertaining story would be the Smuggler, just because its silly fun and the embodiment of Han Solo. Haven't made it very far but its really a light hearted trip through the galaxy.

For gameplay I love my Shadow more than my Guardian/Gunslinger/Commando, but the story is terribly slow.

On the Imp side I would have to go with Sith Warrior for a combination of story, voice acting, and gameplay. Although I don't like being Baras' subordinate for the first act, I know that I will eventually overthrow him as a proper Sith. The story is based around your character being an awesome wrecking ball of destruction and putting down all the fools in your way.

The romance with Vette is slow but most definitely worth it, although I can only think of Mission Vao when she talks.

Marauder is simply fun and easy to play and you wreck most of anything that comes at you with a proper healing companion on the first planet visited. Makes me think playing a Sentinel as Jedi Knight would have made the story go better.

Second best would have to go to Bounty Hunter, as I like Mako and the story that has nothing to do with helping the Empire. Its all about you, the Hunt, and the creds.

Edited by DeutschGamer

Thanks a lot for your response!

I think that everything in the Star Wars universe is based off of Han Solo. There would be no Empire Strikes Back without Harrison Ford in that role, so I think that every Smuggler made gets compared to him. Every player here makes a mental note as to which Star Wars character they are closely resembling when they create a character. The way to immerse yourself in the game is to make a toon that you can relate to, be it love, hate, or just simply know of.

I think that each of these character classes bring something out of us as gamers and Star Wars fans that touches the inner "fanboy" in all of us. I'm just trying to get a sense of the bigger picture in all of it.

I love the Sith Warrior story. Vette is a great companion (and the only one I've really experienced in the SW story), but I always end up wanting to take her collar off. The way I play my Inquisitor is much more evil than the way I play my Warrior.

But even then, I make storylines for my characters, and I play them how I want. I play them how I feel like they should be with my current build.

I want to hear what you, as the players, think is the best class, and why! ty again for response!

Bounty Hunters.

Start with a Healer pet, gain crowd clearing damage regardless of AC, wear heavy armor. Has Versatility to select Tank, Healer, or DPS roles at 10. Story isn't half bad either.

Edited by Toogeloo

Republic side, so far I'll have to say the Smuggler is my favorite of the bunch, although I have not tried the Trooper. For Imperials, Bounty Hunter is my favorite, but I have not played an Agent much past Hutta.

I only started 6 weeks ago so only have 4 in the mid 20 to 40s - bit of an altoholic! Of them all the Bounty Hunter PT has been by far my favourite. The story is fine, the class feels powerful and versatile. But then I am enjoying everything in varying degrees, BH has been the one which has made it hard to stop playing when I have other things in life to attend to!

My personal favorite after trying 3- sage, Merc, and Juggy is...

For Story- Bounty Hunter, then Sith Warrior, then Sage

For Easy to play/get through game quickly- Merc, then Sage, then Juggy

For Overall Best in Combat- Juggy, then Sage, then Merc

My favorite- Juggy, then Merc, then Sage

Imperial Agent - Awesome story, and either AC has great survivability, alongside their extremely competitive DPS. They have the best ship and companion stable in the game (Psychopath anarchist, Killik Joiner, Mutant Human/Rakghoul, Force-sensitive, Homicidal AI). Edited by HavocMaster