The Most Popular Guide is Back! (Arsenal PvE)

Aerro

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1117292-1-5-Updated-Arsenal-Bounty-Hunter-Are-YOU-Doing-It-Right

This is STRICTLY a PvE guide. As the one of the top Mercs in Chosen, I decided to put my knowledge and background in writing for those seeking questions or help. Over the course of SWTORs lifespan, many new users have contributed to the thread to help it grow. With over 100,000 unique views, it quickly became the number one result when searching for a guide.

Now, all I ask is for the SWTOR community to jump in once again and help create an even better guide than previously! The Bounty Hunter community is great so lets make it even greater.

I have returned to the game looking forward to 2.0. Of course, with new content comes new updates! I will be working to get a brand new (up to date) guide posted once everything goes live.

Edited by Aerro

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey man its Oba, the one problem with specing 1 Point into Crit Reciton and 1 Point into the 2% Alc instead of the overall 4% is, for that spec to be good is to have the CR Proc Up EVERY TIME you have Unload going off and which it does come up a good amount it also is not up a good % of the time for every unload.

In witch case 6/31/4 spec is no good because like i said for it to be good you want the CR proc every time you do your unload and in the end its only giving you .1 Sec less on your unload which yes makes a small difference but for the times you miss RC proc and use you unload with out it you losing more because then your gaining +.1 on your unload so in the end its really just better to do 5/31/5 and it also gives you one less proc to worry about.

See you on the passer excited to see our passer difference.

The guide was for 1.3 but the header was changed to 1.5 before I actually changed it. On paper, the spec listed yields the highest results, but again, that is on paper. I've tried out both specs in raid environments and the difference is minimal but the spec in the guide did provide the highest dps increase (~2300) on NiM Tanks. Edited by Aerro

Can't wait for the update to your guide. Mercs could use some love and I hope 2.0 brings it. Personally I would like to see a viable healing/DPS hybrid..but I guess that just being selfish. :rolleyes:

You can't be Gandalf.

Gandalf is overpowered.

No tankmaging.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1117292-1-5-Updated-Arsenal-Bounty-Hunter-Are-YOU-Doing-It-Right

This is STRICTLY a PvE guide. As the one of the top Mercs in Chosen, I decided to put my knowledge and background in writing for those seeking questions or help. Over the course of SWTORs lifespan, many new users have contributed to the thread to help it grow. With over 100,000 unique views, it quickly became the number one result when searching for a guide.

Now, all I ask is for the SWTOR community to jump in once again and help create an even better guide than previously! The Bounty Hunter community is great so lets make it even greater.

I have returned to the game looking forward to 2.0. Of course, with new content comes new updates! I will be working to get a brand new (up to date) guide posted once everything goes live.

Welcome back Aero

-DkSharktooth / Skillex

Aka "Double-Dipping Alacrity" Build.

The guide is MOSTLY updated now. The only thing missing is just a few stat priorities and the Best in Slot list... which will be posted together.

Just a quick note that I saw - Rail Shot isn't free anymore.

The set bonus on the endgame gear was changed (no longer reduces Rail Shot heat), and the cost reduction from the skills has changed from -8 to -6. Rail Shot costs 10 heat with that skill; even assuming the set bonus change is a mistake (since it was never in the PTS patch notes), it'll cost 2 heat.

Hahah yeah I see a ton of mistakes I've made copying it over. I have a thread in the Mod section for 'testing' but I overlooked quite a bit. I'll get on this.

Edit: I believe I fixed a little of the confusion. Gotta go run errands and go to work now.

Edited by Aerro

I remember reading this guild back in the day. We will soon be saying "back in vanilla" :D I'm glad you're updating it. Keep up the good work!

Reading over it i noticed you're using the term "5 stacks of Heat Signature" which (from what i'm reading in other threads) does not stack at all anymore. This change did not make it to PTS but it will be in 2.0. This is a direct quote from Austin Peckenpaugh "The following changes are going out in 2.0 and won't be making it onto PTS."

Arsenal:

-Tracer Missile: The Heat Signature applied by Tracer Missile now lasts 45 seconds. In addition, the Heat Signature effect now reduces armor by 20% and no longer stacks. Furthermore, this ability now fires a faster-moving projectile.

-Heatseeker Missiles: This ability now deals 25% additional damage if the target is affected by your Heat Signature. In addition, this ability now fires a slightly slower-moving projectile, ensuring that the Heat Signature effect-checking will work properly if fired off immediately after a Tracer Missile.

-Light 'Em Up: No longer affects Heat Signatures applied by Tracer Missile.

And later he responed again so people would understand how these changes affect the AC...

No, it doesn't work like that. Prior to 2.0, you need 5 stacks of Heat Signature in order for your HSM to deal +25% damage. After 2.0, you will need only 1 Heat Signature to achieve the same +25% effect. Also, Tracer Missile only ever applies the 1 Heat Signature. Heat Signature no longer stacks, it reduces armor by 20% all at once, and it lasts 45 seconds.

What this change does is remove the "build up" at the start of a new fight. There are still "build up" mechanics in the Arsenal tree, but none that affects the TM and HSM relationship. The effect is marginalized by longer fights, but it should be noticeably more awesome in short fights (soloing, non-boss fights, and PVPing).

Also, I triple checked this, but HSM does about 16% more damage in 2.0 than it did prior to 2.0 (from a coefficient of 2.39 to a coefficient of 2.77). I believe this change went undocumented. In any case, HSM won't be getting any stronger than it already is, which is very, very strong by the way.

Austin Peckenpaugh

Class Designer"

Link to source material: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=615188

Oh I have it already added saying '5 stacks' so people don't get confused with the guide suddenly changed to 'one stack'. Before all of that, I state that Tracer Missile will apply everything with just a single cast- instead of 3.

Oh I have it already added saying '5 stacks' so people don't get confused with the guide suddenly changed to 'one stack'. Before all of that, I state that Tracer Missile will apply everything with just a single cast- instead of 3.

Maybe just rephrase to "debuff" instead of "stacks". another tracer just refreshes the existing 25% debuff.

Welcome back BTW.

Edited by The_Duck

Are the stat priorities updated for 2.0? 30% crit and 75% surge were hard to come by when I tested it on the PTS. Would have to give up a crap ton of power to reach those number.

Derp, I am an idiot. Literally read the "subject to change" notice right after I posted this. :D

Would like your input on the stats though, I was looking at about 25% power and 60-65% surge on the PTS, anything more sacrificed a ton of power with the new DR curve.

Edited by Daemonson

I'll be reading the posts in a bit! Just doing a 10stack Dreadtooth at the moment.

fml I accidentally deleted the post when trying to edit it...I re-wrote it (had most of it saved) but now it says waiting to be approved by moderator...hopefully it'll show up again

P.S. did you get Dreadtooth 10 stacks down?

One thing I'm wondering about reading it is that you state that a point of Aim is worth .20 damage, and a point of Power is .23.

However, this is only partially true, as with consular buff + Aim buff from the skills you're sitting at an extra 14% Aim, meaning Aim works out to .228 bonus damage per point (as each point is actually 1.14 points). I.E. the difference in bonus damage between main stat and power is negligible, and mainstat, as you stated, provides a small crit boost, which, while perhaps unnecessary, seems it would still be preferable to JUST damage, given you get both.

Which, it seems you know. Actually, let me just quote the two sections that seem contradictory:

you WANT to go all out on power. The bonus damage conversion for Power is .23 per 1 power. Your main stat is currently .20 bonus damager per 1. So it is more of a damage increase, except you do not get a crit bonus from it- which isn't necessary.

Seems to be clearly advocating statting for Power over Aim, which I would disagree with, while later, under datacrons:

I have chosen to augment all of my gear with Aim. There have been discussions whether or not to Augment for Power or Aim, but Aim remains superior. With our talents, we gain 9% additional Aim plus an additional 5% ontop of that from buffs.

That is a 14% increase to our overall Aim, which outweighs the bonuses Power gives us.

Clearly advocating Aim over Power.

Edited by KryloKillian

Maybe the context is just kind of off... but for the entire existence of this guide, we have all augmented Aim because Aim > All. However, the reason why we compare Power to Aim is so people understand the importance of Power as a Secondary. Also the guide brings up augmenting Aim because users earlier on were talking about using Power augments instead.

I may have to rephrase it, but I'm sure those who have stuck to this guide can vouch that I am not trying to contradict myself and lay on that Power > Aim, because its not.

wait, unload roots!, why would you follow your net with unload? plus you will be wanting them to trinket that net (many will) and this will also get them out of the unload effect.

wouldn't a better rotation be

jet boost,

tracer durin the 1 second snare

unload to hold them back

whatever you like while they rush you

electro net?

OK i really need to make a propper Aresnal guide

Maybe the context is just kind of off... but for the entire existence of this guide, we have all augmented Aim because Aim > All. However, the reason why we compare Power to Aim is so people understand the importance of Power as a Secondary. Also the guide brings up augmenting Aim because users earlier on were talking about using Power augments instead.

I may have to rephrase it, but I'm sure those who have stuck to this guide can vouch that I am not trying to contradict myself and lay on that Power > Aim, because its not.

I figured this to be the case.

Mostly just letting you know your wording seems to contradict.

Trying to be helpful, 'cause it's a pretty good guide for PvE!

I figured this to be the case.

Mostly just letting you know your wording seems to contradict.

Trying to be helpful, 'cause it's a pretty good guide for PvE!

I have to rewrite the entire thing :(

First day I have time to sit down and try to beat Bioshock Infinite, so thats what I've been up to haha.

• 2 weeks later...