Server Merge Discussion Thread

EricMusco

I'm only against them for people losing SH,guildship setups but other than that if they work that out then it's time for a merge player names are nothing everyone signed ToS and Bioware can change anything they like anytime so nobody can cry because you signed your life away once you got into this game.

This is what I would like:

(1) Guilds merged intact

(2) All guilds assets transfered (hopefully with no problems)

(3) Person assets (including outfits/dyes) transferred

(4) Choices left up to the individual or guild if they want to be merged with another server.

What I wish for:

(1) A server where roleplayers can roleplay without someone telling them to go away as that is not accept here.

(2) People to be respectful of each other's playstyles.

Edited by casirabit

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wont reply to the low IQs anymore. Good day.

I have every right as a subscriber to be able to retain the assets I've built up since before launch, items I used real life currency to acquire. I shouldn't have to sacrifice. YOU are the one who's being SELFISH expecting this of me and others, not to mention rude.

Edited by Lunafox

I'm only against them for people losing SH,guildship setups but other than that if they work that out then it's time for a merge player names are nothing everyone signed ToS and Bioware can change anything they like anytime so nobody can cry because you signed your life away once you got into this game.

So, I guess that means you are against server merges as things stand now, since players would lose all of those things in the event of a server merge as it stands now.

I wonder if you are one that a certain poster counts as "not directly, but for server merges".

I favor giving players the CHOICE. According to Keith's interview, BW does not want to FORCE players to move. They want to allow those players who are happy where they are to remain where they are. It sounds from this statement that they may favor CHOICE also.

I hope that BW can resolve all of the issues surrounding transfers of guilds with guild assets intact, as well as ensuring that all personal assets transfer intact, and they can add one or more larger capacity servers and let those players who wish to have a higher population transfer to one of those new larger capacity servers.

So, I guess that means you are against server merges as things stand now, since players would lose all of those things in the event of a server merge as it stands now.

I wonder if you are one that a certain poster counts as "not directly, but for server merges".

I favor giving players the CHOICE. According to Keith's interview, BW does not want to FORCE players to move. They want to allow those players who are happy where they are to remain where they are. It sounds from this statement that they may favor CHOICE also.

I hope that BW can resolve all of the issues surrounding transfers of guilds with guild assets intact, as well as ensuring that all personal assets transfer intact, and they can add one or more larger capacity servers and let those players who wish to have a higher population transfer to one of those new larger capacity servers.

Rata i'm just saying that stuff because you would be the first to complain about losing all assets and it's the right thing to say but I have always stated I want merges they should have done this a long time ago it's just a matter of time and I think before 6.0 they will have 2 NA servers if not 1 they have invested into new servers for a reason and it's not to house dead servers.

Rata i'm just saying that stuff because you would be the first to complain about losing all assets and it's the right thing to say but I have always stated I want merges they should have done this a long time ago it's just a matter of time and I think before 6.0 they will have 2 NA servers if not 1 they have invested into new servers for a reason and it's not to house dead servers.

Which is it as it stands now, not in some hypothetical future which may never happen?

Do you favor server merges and forcing players to lose all those things you mentioned, and all the other things that have been discussed?

Do you favor allowing players to keep their personal and guild assets intact by allowing them to remain on their current server?

As for your "prediction" that we will have 2 NA servers (if not only 1) by 6.0, Keith's interview would seem to indicate otherwise.

Now, I know things can always change, but I hope that BW does not FORCE players to move against their will.

If they do add larger capacity servers and a significant number people (if not the majority) CHOOSE not to transfer to those larger capacity servers, I predict there will still be massive cries for BW to "inconvenience" (to put it VERY mildly) that significant number of players by FORCING them to move via server merges.

Feel free to use cheap transfers then, I am against forced server merges because not everyone want huge servers, at the moment those who want higher population servers CAN move and those that want quieter ones CAN move/stay on their servers.

But once server merges happen those that want quieter servers HAVE NOWHERE TO GO except out of the door and that really does nothing for the games overall population.

Oh FFS! WHAT IS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND THAT I AM ALREADY ON THE MOST POPULATED SERVER!!!! GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD!! There is NOWHERE! to transfer to! Just doing a transfer option is not the solution. Unless people complaining are on the other dead servers. I am a freaking TANK and the queue times for anything is still average 30+ minutes. No there is also no reason for me to be on anyone's ignore list in game. I have NEVER raged at any healer or dps in group content.

Oh FFS! WHAT IS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND THAT I AM ALREADY ON THE MOST POPULATED SERVER!!!! GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD!! There is NOWHERE! to transfer to! Just doing a transfer option is not the solution. Unless people complaining are on the other dead servers. I am a freaking TANK and the queue times for anything is still average 30+ minutes. No there is also no reason for me to be on anyone's ignore list in game. I have NEVER raged at any healer or dps in group content.

Besides being completely off topic with this rant of yours.....

Given that you appear to be raging at this very moment... not sure I accept your claim.

If I read you correctly, you are on the most populous server in your region. So apparently you want the other servers... you know.. the dead ones with nobody playing on them.. to be merged to your server to help your queue times as a tank. Problem is... X+0 = X so nothing actually changes for you.

Edited by Andryah

I feel like people who say we don't need some kind of mass merge or mega-server system are in denial tbh. The one valid concern I have seen comes from the RP community. They have a right to be able to play in peace and not be harassed. Bioware will need to step up the bans in case of a merge, or provide an "RP instance" like they have with the "PvP instance". They will have to do something.

All other concerns: your credits, stronghold, name... there are solutions for that I am sure. For the people complaining about enjoy empty servers where they are free to farm and run solo to their hearts content I say this is an MMO. Get over it.

If you think the populations of servers like JC are "normal" then I invite you to go play GW2, ESO, or take a stroll through your average WoW realm. Saying "TOR isn't those games!" is true, but TOR -IS- an MMO just like those games, and as such should be held to the same standards.

I have been playing this game off and on since it launched and every time it feels a little more empty.

Given that you appear to be raging at this very moment... not sure I accept your claim.

If I read you correctly, you are on the most populous server in your region. So apparently you want the other servers... you know.. the dead ones with nobody playing on them.. to be merged to your server to help your queue times as a tank. Problem is... X+0 = X so nothing actually changes for you.

lol it doesn't matter if you accept my claim. doesn't change it's a fact that I haven't

Quote: Originally Posted by JediTahiri View Post

lol it doesn't matter if you accept my claim. doesn't change it's a fact that I haven't

Johnny rages on the forums but is a model of respect and decorum in the game?

Yeah, right...

^ right there. lol you quoted my post. are you trolling? you must be.

Quote: Originally Posted by JediTahiri View Post

Johnny rages on the forums but is a model of respect and decorum in the game?

Yeah, right...

^ right there. lol you quoted my post. are you trolling? you must be.

Where in my response to your post did I mention your name or specify you in any way?

Where in my response to your post did I mention your name or specify you in any way?

You are certainly just another troll. Or you like making a fool of yourself. You clearly tried to accuse me of being a rager in game. I said I wasn't and you have no proof otherwise. Now you are trying to deny it lol. I'm not even gonna waste my time with you ever again.

Actually if servers are as dead as players say that is fairly accurate maths to describe it.

In case you actually have read this or large parts of this thread you obviously did understand absolutely nothing from it. And here you are going forward with your uneducated "opinion".

In addition, and that is really sad intellectual-wise, you don't even understand that it is Bioware's business to fix such major issues within a game and it's not the customers business. Not to pay for it either. But it's worse, Customers don't even have the option to fix it themselves, even when they pay money for it, because there are no implemented processes to move whole guilds/characters including everything they have achieved in hundreds of hours of playtime with countless man hours involved with them, and that after 5 years of the game being live. This is ridiculous and pathetic. The fact Bioware can't and that you are unable to understand it.

There are simply no options for us customers to fix it, at the moment, even if we try to. Only some VERY ignorant and selfish people in this thread don't understand that, even worse over and over they don't. But it's Bioware's buiness anyway. Nevertheless I'd fix it myself, even by spending cartel coins although it wouldn't be justified to pay them for their lack of professionality, but there are no implemented options to do so. Is that so freaking hard to understand? Please try to use logic and brain cells for once.

Regarding the other thing...we might have a totallly different understanding of the term "mind"...

Fine, but know this the day bioware announce server merges my continuous sub of 5 years will be over I have zero intention of playing on a high population server despite this being a game I love.

While I grant every single player the right to play this game like they want you have to wonder what these people are even doing in an online game, or even worse an at least supposed to be MMORPG.

Perhaps it's because those players don't want to play mmos but what they do enjoy is a damn good star wars story. I doubt I am alone when I say I joined for a story I never had any intention of ever playing a mmo and know I would not likely ever play another one I am only here because it's star wars the only reason I'm not a founder is because I knew it was a mmo and that put me down off a lot.

Yes, it does.

I've been unlucky I guess, I've already had a server merge.

Names.

Legacy Names.

Decorations.

Now, guess which thing come top of importance for Solo players.

Do you want to phone a friend?

All The Best

AGAIN AND AGAIN (I'm so sick of repeating this to people who come to this thread without getting educated at least a bit before about the topic, or even worse to the few well known ignorant trolls here, especially one, who repeat the same redundant and invalid bs over and over as well), if reasonable and intelligent people in this thread speak about mergers (actually I like the suggested move to a totally new power server solution Keith mentioned in the podcast more, since it reduces quite a few issues for this obvious small team with an additional massive lack of professional skillz/knowledge as well and therefore speeds up the process as a whole) they ONLY speak about this assuming that there are solutions for names, guild/personal assets, full decorated strongholds, etc., bottom line for everything. It's not magic, this is all just bits and bytes aka data. Nobody loses sh_t in the desired scenario other than getting maybe some addons to their names (personal, legacy, guild, etc,).

Can we once and for all close that ignorant and redundant line "but if I lose my whatever" boowhooo?. That is not what serious people mean with merging or moving to new server solutions.

Edited by Khaleg

Excuse me? I am one of the BEST dressed players you'll find. Outfits are absolutely one of my weaknesses on the freaking Cartel Market...I've bought more than most players have, less than some, but far more than the average player. The gooder I look, the gooder I play. I dress for success Ian!!!

Love the sarcasm. :-)

Perhaps it's because those players don't want to play mmos but what they do enjoy is a damn good star wars story. I doubt I am alone when I say I joined for a story I never had any intention of ever playing a mmo and know I would not likely ever play another one I am only here because it's star wars the only reason I'm not a founder is because I knew it was a mmo and that put me down off a lot.

selfish, selfish selfish. players like you are the selfish ones, not us that want server merges. This was suppose to be an MMO, end of story. If you are going to quit over server merges sorry I don't buy it. Especially if you love star wars and the story content so much. seeing as how playing on a high pop server does not stop you from doing story content in the least. I don't care what you say. It doesn't effect your single-player content. turn off chat, don't do group content, your issues are solved. Before you mention character and legacy names, I DONT CARE! Your character names mean nothing when it comes to solo content which is all you care about. NONE of the npc's ever speak your name or reference it. The actual MMO players should feel like they are playing an MMO, period.

People like you are selfish as all hell. You say you are not a founder because held off on playing cause this was an MMO. But you want the rest of us not to be able to enjoy actual MMO content all because you wanted a single-player Star wars game. well GET OVER IT! It's an MMO! I also find it funny that you mention PVP in your forum signature. Why? I thought you didn't want to play an MMO and that you are just about the story. PVP is mmo content.

Edited by JediTahiri

I don't care what you say. It doesn't effect your single-player content. turn off chat, don't do group content, your issues are solved. Before you mention character and legacy names, I DONT CARE! Your character names mean nothing when it comes to solo content which is all you care about. NONE of the npc's ever speak your name or reference it. The actual MMO players should feel like they are playing an MMO, period.

I already said above merges will affect my game and on the day merges are announced I'm gone.

As for my signature it's called sarcasm on how pvp players want balance.

Edited by Jedi_riches

I already said above merges will affect my game and on the day merges are announced I'm gone.

As for my signature it's called sarcasm on how pvp players want balance.

lol I knew you would ignore my post and just reply with a pure baseless response. You are flat out lying. You said yourself the only thing you do is story content. please tell me how server merges effects that? because it DON'T. don't bother mentioning character and legacy names. they don't matter. They don't effect story mode. You are just selfish. You want Bioware to ignore all the mmo players in an MMO, because you want a single-player game. pure selfishness.

And we're back to vitriol and deciding that the way we personally play the game, or what we enjoy, is the only way.

Question for the pro-merger crew, and I am not being facetious or trying to troll with this question: what is it, to you, if there are RPG or one or two quieter servers? How does that harm you in any way? The people on those servers who enjoy solo and story content aren't going to group no matter where they are, so it's not as though forcing them onto, say, Harbinger, is going to add to your pool of available players.

If they're happy where they are, subscribing and likely buying Cartel Market stuff, and they're active players on their server, they're helping keep the lights on, which helps the game continue to exist. If they leave because they're forced into a server where they are unhappy, they will not continue to give the game their business, which will eventually harm your experience, too.

There are a bunch of reasons I can think of where a person would want to stay on a quieter server. Trolling, harassment, duel spamming, and ninjas are more common on some servers than others, and yes, all of that does affect solo/story players, and no, there isn't a way to turn all of it off.

And again, I already said that though, I totally like them to have their fun in this game as well. Nevertheless I question their character and attitude to come as a solo player to an MMO and try to rule over the majority in a unique selfish and ignorant way, in addition with no concerns about the overall health of the game or even the lack to understand why the health is in question. Only one example: New people who roll a char on my server or returning players (status quo here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=9373975&postcount=1568 ) or even on servers who are not in SUCH a bad state see a dead game, most quit right away after the solo content is done and all will tell their friends about this as well. Do you get that and the problem that results for the whole game to stay alive? I hope so...

Whatever your reasons were, it's a fact that you have joined an MMORPG (or one that is supposed to be one at least lol), Games with a monthly sub can never stay alive from solo content/solo game players like you. Often they just sub every few months for the 1 hour of solo content and that's it. That should be absolutely obvious.

Edited by Khaleg

And we're back to vitriol and deciding that the way we personally play the game, or what we enjoy, is the only way.

Question for the pro-merger crew, and I am not being facetious or trying to troll with this question: what is it, to you, if there are RPG or one or two quieter servers? How does that harm you in any way? The people on those servers who enjoy solo and story content aren't going to group no matter where they are, so it's not as though forcing them onto, say, Harbinger, is going to add to your pool of available players.

If they're happy where they are, subscribing and likely buying Cartel Market stuff, and they're active players on their server, they're helping keep the lights on, which helps the game continue to exist. If they leave because they're forced into a server where they are unhappy, they will not continue to give the game their business, which will eventually harm your experience, too.

There are a bunch of reasons I can think of where a person would want to stay on a quieter server. Trolling, harassment, duel spamming, and ninjas are more common on some servers than others, and yes, all of that does affect solo/story players, and no, there isn't a way to turn all of it off.

I'll answer that for you then. No we do not care if there is one server that is low populated. We do NOT need all the ones there are not. All it does is make new players coming into the game thinking it's dead when they pick a dead server not realizing it. One server for actual mmo players and one for solo players that want this to be a single-player game is all we need.

To answer the last part. Yes there is a way to turn ALL of that off. you can simply turn off chat and you will see no trolling and harassment. There is also an ignore feature for a reason. It's your own problem if you choose not to utilize simple features Bioware gives you. ninja's you say? played this game since release and can't even recall having this problem at all. story content is instanced, especially all class story areas and the new expansion stories. So nope mergers don't effect story mode players. I will not buy that.