24 hour clock option

Ocmer_

Hello all who is reading,

I would like to see an option to use a 24 hour clock instead of the current AM/PM clock.

Because here in the Netherlands we use rarely AM/PM notation, and I am guessing it is for more countries aswell.

Maybe this is also a chance to add server time, for those that play in a guild that has guildmembers scattered across the different timezones (as it is even possible to play on a server from another continent).

What does the rest of the community think of it?

Edit; It seems there are 24hr clocks in the non-english clients.

Edit; As of 1.2 Bio/EA ignored this simple things, that even already exists in non english clients.

Edited by Ocmer_

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use a 24 hour clock exclusively at work. This lead to 75% use at home.

24 hour clock in game gets my vote.

And an option for "server time" so our far flung guild does not have to learn to add and subtract. You don't want to know when people show up when we post 18:30 PST.

The 24-hour clock is standard in most of the world apparently. Even the US uses it over the 12-hour clock in some cases.

Too bad they decided to go for an AM/PM clock from the start. Well making an options to show a 24hr clock wouldn't be a big issue of resourses im guessing.

Edited by Ocmer_

/Signed

its a simple feature that I would greatly appreciate, but by no means need it.

Sure it's annoying at times if you are used to 24h clock but not game changing imho.

A standardized server time for all on their server is a great ideal if not already implemented. (the impression I was under was that the clock @ the bottom of the mini-map was standard as per server/timezone?)

Edited by BentlikeBindo

• 2 weeks later...
I'm surprised it's not an option as it is the default when you play in French (I don't think you can turn it back to a 12h from French too).

woot french players have 24h clock but rest of europe uses 12h then? thats not fair!! :rolleyes:

Edited by crazyplaya

woot french players have 24h clock but rest of europe uses 12h then? thats not fair!! :rolleyes:

I haven't loaded it in German also i'm not sure if it is region specific or language specific. Regardless it is already in the system and simply be an option.

I'm surprised it's not an option as it is the default when you play in French (I don't think you can turn it back to a 12h from French too).

So it already exists but prob client language bound... wth is this bio?

Ever head of people who are forced to play in English and are used to a 24hr clock?

ps. With forced I just mean, I can't understand of the other languages you can choose from.

Edited by Ocmer_

24hour clock would be good. I use it exlusively outside of SWTOR.
Same, we don't use AM/PM here at all. Its a British/UK thing I believe. All games I've played which include a clock as far as I remember defaulted to 24h if they detected this in Windows. But otherwise should be easy to set.