4 Man Nightmare EV - Title Run

Hello everyone,

A few days ago Divine Shadow (Prophecy of the Five) completed a 4 man Nightmare EV Title Run. I took a video of all the fights, and decided to make a compilation to show everyone that it is in fact possible (even though those enrage timers are close). It was difficult, and we had about 15 minutes left for the title but we finished it.

The participants of this run were as follows.

-Fenrir (Colm) -Sniper

-Xalex - Assassin

-Catlikethief - Sorcerer

-Ilysa - Marauder

I only got the last phase of Soa because I realised I had disabled my recording software after 2 hilarious wipes. One of them where I was up in the air until the end of phase 2, and fell straight to the ground after lol. I think it's ok considering Soa is the easiest fight of that whole thing, especially the first two phases.

Cat has screenshots of the codex entries for all the bosses, and the title at the end (I already had the title on my toon so you can't see it from my end).

I may put out another version with music instead of the teamspeak, but hopefully you all find the video enjoyable/helpful in some way.

Thanks a lot, stay classy.

Edited by Nekrall

4 manning HM EV was tough, I'd imagine 4 manning NiM EV was fairly brutal. Were there a decent amount of wipes or was it smooth sailing?

Yeah there were a decent amount of wipes lol.

We had 2 wipes on the droid, one on the puzzle, and two on Soa.

The droid is definitely the hardest fight in the whole op, I haven't heard of a group getting past him without having a rDPS kill him from behind the pillar during his last missile salvo because the enrage timer is so tight.

We one shot Gharj even though it was very sloppy, those pounces do a lot of damage on nightmare and there is only so much force camo to go around -.-

The puzzle wipe was because we were trying to stay "healthy" in between presses, took too long and wound up getting two acklays at the end on both sides, with only one side having a healer you can probably guess how that turned out lol.

The two wipes on soa were fairly unavoidable though, just bad luck. If the fight goes normally he is very easy to down.

It was a great learning experience, that's for sure.

This is very impressive, had a hard time when we did it with 6ppl, cannot think about the hassle of doing it with only four, epic work people, very impressive!

Thank you very much!

Finishing it was definitely a rush, we had been theory crafting about doing a 4 man nightmare for awhile beforehand.

I wont even know what to say if a pug SM group finder EV I'm in wipes now....lol. Maybe I will just keep my mouth shut; perhaps the best option lol.

Yeah there were a decent amount of wipes lol.

We had 2 wipes on the droid, one on the puzzle, and two on Soa.

The droid is definitely the hardest fight in the whole op, I haven't heard of a group getting past him without having a rDPS kill him from behind the pillar during his last missile salvo because the enrage timer is so tight.

We one shot Gharj even though it was very sloppy, those pounces do a lot of damage on nightmare and there is only so much force camo to go around -.-

The puzzle wipe was because we were trying to stay "healthy" in between presses, took too long and wound up getting two acklays at the end on both sides, with only one side having a healer you can probably guess how that turned out lol.

The two wipes on soa were fairly unavoidable though, just bad luck. If the fight goes normally he is very easy to down.

It was a great learning experience, that's for sure.

We managed to get the robot down just as he enraged on HM 4 man back in 61 gear so if you have the right set up in 63 it should be easy enough.

May I know the spec of each player? (and possibly gear setup?)

I am a shadow tank so I want to learn as much as possible about pve tanking. (Currently in Rakata/Campaign mix)

Sniper-Lethality

Marader-Carnage

Assasssin-Darkness

Sorcerer-Corruption

I am the sorcerer BTW

• 3 weeks later...
Hey great vid guys I really enjoyed it. My guildies and I tried 4 manning it tonight and after about two pulls on the droid we gave up because we hit enrage at 30% both times and we are all fully dread guard geared. My question is did your assassin tank or was he tanked specced in dps armor or was he just straight up dps considering all of your health bears are very much equal. Answer would be greatly appreciated since again we are attempting this feat as well.

Hey great vid guys I really enjoyed it. My guildies and I tried 4 manning it tonight and after about two pulls on the droid we gave up because we hit enrage at 30% both times and we are all fully dread guard geared. My question is did your assassin tank or was he tanked specced in dps armor or was he just straight up dps considering all of your health bears are very much equal. Answer would be greatly appreciated since again we are attempting this feat as well.

He was tank specced with some dps gear on. The enrage timer is tough on that fight.

Thanks man. And yeah I can tell how tough it is. We're trying to determine whether one of us needs to go on a sent or if it is manageable without inspiration. What do you think?

I dont think you need a sent but it definitely wont hurt. The healer has to do as much dps as possible, every little bit helps

I haven't heard of a group getting past him without having a rDPS kill him from behind the pillar during his last missile salvo because the enrage timer is so tight.

I'm sure you'll spot the obvious solution to the enrage timer :p

Edited by Aurojiin

Well if you watched our vid we did it...

Eh, you misunderstood. I realise you did it (grats too), I was just saying there's quite an easy solution to beating the enrage timer comfortably, as you can tell by our video length.

They are using 3dps and a healer

Ding ding ding. We have a winner.

im not impressed

Oh noes... my self-esteem. Whatever shall I do? :(

Edited by Aurojiin

Could not do it wih 2dps a tank and heals?

To be entirely honest it never occured to us; why take a tank to a fight that doesn't need a tank? Certainly we could do it with a tank, but it just takes longer for the same result. Seems silly to me :confused:

Our goal was simply to 4-man NiM EV, nothing more.

Anyway, as I said before, grats on the achievement.

To be entirely honest it never occured to us; why take a tank to a fight that doesn't need a tank? Certainly we could do it with a tank, but it just takes longer for the same result. Seems silly to me :confused:

Our goal was simply to 4-man NiM EV, nothing more.

Anyway, as I said before, grats on the achievement.

Where's the honor in swapping different people in to accommodate each specific fight's needs? First you have 3 dps most likely because you couldn't beat the enrage for annihilator. I see 2 healers for the pylon puzzle...and suddenly you have a tank for Soa?

I, too, am confused as to how you take pride in that.

4 people, one run, title. Boom.