Cybertech: 'Custom' Hoverbike? Just recolored Czerka bikes...

Danakar

At first I thought it great to have access to recipes which would allow me to craft my own custom speeders. Then I found out they fall short regarding the 'Custom' part.

Not only are they just recolored dull beige/brown Czerka models, but they are also BoP and you have to get lucky in finding/buying the recipes. So you can make a bike that will probably cost you more to craft than simply buying one in a shop, comes in a boring brown color and you can't trade them/sell them or give them to your alt.

Captain Lysandus Endeel: "Forex, I want you to craft me a Custom-Built Hoverbike"

M1-4X: "It will be an honor!"

*M1-4X rushes off to Czerka Corporation, buys a standard Hoverbike and a few cans of paint*

M1-4X: "I have achieved incredible results!!"

Lysandus Endeel: "..."

'Custom-Built' Hoverbike

Now I know it's wishful thinking, and people will no doubt tell me that I can't be the 'special snowflake'; but would it be too much to ask for actual custom models? I don't even care about not being able to sell them; I just wanted them to look better than just a boring brown Czerka bike... :(

I didn't craft the other 2 bikes yet, but from what I've read on the internet they are also just a simple recolored Czerka Speederbike.

Edited by Danakar

Combine that with the fact that we can't sell the bikes on the GTN really leave me wondering. I don't see why "mounts" should be BOP when crafted. I also have to agree that it would be nice to see more "customization" on our custom made bikes. Heck at least give the custom bikes a seat! :D

Combine that with the fact that we can't sell the bikes on the GTN really leave me wondering. I don't see why "mounts" should be BOP when crafted. I also have to agree that it would be nice to see more "customization" on our custom made bikes. Heck at least give the custom bikes a seat! :D

Yeah, it is rather odd why they decided the bikes to be BoP in the first place. The cost of the required (Underworld Trading) mats easily matches/exceeds the cost to purchase a bike from a vendor.

As to customization; even a 'class theme' would have been great. Like if you were to make a bike as a Trooper you get a red/orange one with Havoc logo's. A Jedi Knight with Cybertech that would built their custom bike would get a silver one; so actually custom-built to complement your class. Anything would be better than a generic boring brown recolor of a Czerka bike in my humble opinion :(