Lost Island Nerf?

I've healed it twice as a sorcerer. Once was juggernaut tank, sniper and merc dps; the second group had a marauder instead of the sniper. I got my first piece of rakata from Lorrick. I know the merc had tionese weapons, but I'm not sure about anyone else.

Though both were successful, the group with the marauder was easier to heal. Melee has better interrupts.

7/8 HM, only last boss drops columi gear. One piece and if you're unlucky, a piece for a class that;s not even in the group.

Sounds more like this is becoming an argument over if you prefer the long and easy grind for gear or the short and hard grind. There is no such thing as quick and easy loot so I hope that's not what your implying here.

Was able to finish this instance the day after the patch. Full rakata sorc healer, Full rakata jugg tank, Pyro Powertech BH in columi/rakata and a sniper in columi/rakata. The fight is Very hard but doable. Took us 7 pulls to get him. Moving and interrupting is key in this fight. Dont think this fight can be done by a group in only tioness gear. Edited by Thegriss

Was able to finish this instance the day after the patch. Full rakata sorc healer, Full rakata jugg tank, Pyro Powertech BH in columi/rakata and a sniper in columi/rakata. The fight is Very hard but doable. Took us 7 pulls to get him. Moving and interrupting is key in this fight. Dont think this fight can be done by a group in only tioness gear.

thank you for telling us how well geared you are and how it went. we tried this the other day and found it a challenge and after a while gave up. we only gave up because of time constrants and not because we werent making progress. our best attempt was to 9% and usually got him to 25%. what our problem was the lag with everything going on. at times it was just horrible and made interrupting impossible.. fun fight though. none of us have any rakata drop gear almost columi out with tionesse weapons and misc gear. we thought we might be slightly under geared for him right now but is doable without the lag. god forbid if you have only melee dps as getting the adds off the healer will be a challenge. had a trooper tank, trooper dps, sage healer and a gunslinger dps and are all geared about the same.

over all we liked the zone and its diificulty thus far. it make us think and not just pull a entire room aoe mentality. also those little trash droids can zap you to death real fast and are never close enough to aoe down easily. so look out for them the first time you go in.

Only 4-5 ppl in my guild can kill him, they have spent 4+ hours to get it work and since then, it is always the same group doing it and no one else get invited to join them. We are all rakata geared, but this FP is forbidden to new guys unless you are willing to lose hours and even risk for a call by adding someone new to your group. And even so, they only do it once per week.

What is a Flashpoint that no one would want to do it more than once a week? This is NO CONTENT for everyone. It is a content for less than 0.01% of the player base.

Besides, being able to kill him once or twice does not mean he is always doable for you. You might be only lucky to have him bugged or happened to have a perfect group running it. This is a 4-man content and anyone who is a bit clumsy, even well-geared, is not allowed to be there. There is no way a good player can cover up for him, not like in a operation. Zero tolerance for a hard mode 4-man FP? What kind of brain they have? Are they trying to BEAT THEIR HARDCORE CUSTOMERS WITH DIFFICULTY?

I've enjoyed tanking this place on both my decently geared Powertech and my fresh 50 assassin tank.

The key to the first guy is to keep moving, even if your group has ranged dps. I'm of the opinion that an Assassin/Shadow tank is probably the best for the robot boss due to the 45 second CD tech/force immunity that can negate the fallout from a missed incinerate interrupt totally.

All the clears so far were pugged and did not have voice communication.

You have normal mode if you want to stroll in there and toss about. The last boss drops Rakata and the Columi Main hand weapon. The same as the first 2 Hard mode Operations (which are actually easier than 4-maning this nightmare mode flashpoint).

TL:DR - QQ Less and L2P. This game is easy enough: MORE CONTENT LIKE THIS PLEASE!

I would also like to thank Bioware for actually making a challenging flashpoint, the others are quite mind numbing.

I was wondering this as well. The first couple of times we completed it it seemed that the droid was capable of putting out 7 lightning spires before the first would disapear. Last night he was only getting 3 or 4 before the first disappeared.

one thing I can say for sure is that Lorricks explosion cloud of gross stuff defintely does less dmg per splode tho.

For those saying it's too hard, it's a challenge, but not an impossible one. Take a team of people that are willing to wipe and learn the encounter. This is one of those fights that watching a video isn't going to clearly demonstrate how to accomplish the goal. You need to go in, get your hands dirty and risk to gain the reward.

So tired of things being handed to people, I for one am happy to see the challenge.

Was able to finish this instance the day after the patch. Full rakata sorc healer, Full rakata jugg tank, Pyro Powertech BH in columi/rakata and a sniper in columi/rakata. The fight is Very hard but doable. Took us 7 pulls to get him. Moving and interrupting is key in this fight. Dont think this fight can be done by a group in only tioness gear.

Clear the HM instance again last night. Full rakata Sorc healer/Jugg tank, Tioness/columi/BM geared Assasin/Powertech BH. We find this is a great way to gear out alts quickly. You do need a well geared healer/tank.

Edited by Thegriss

Full HM clear last night in a pug from /General. Jug Tank (Columi), Assassin (Rakata), Bounty Hunter (Columi), Sorc healer (Columi). No VoIP coordination measures.

It was the first time I had ever been in Lost Island the rest of the group had experience with the Flashpoint.

1 Shot first and second boss.

2 Shot thrid and final boss.

I found this Flashpoint to be very fun and think BW did a great job on it. The mechanics required movement and awareness but honestly that is what I found fun about it. As long as a player gets out of the way of the mechanics the fights are very easy.

Edited by Exartess

This thread is a riot. The only complaint anyone should have is the tight enrage timers, which discourages the use of alternative tactics and gives the illusion of requirement for gear. The reality is that any valid group, so long as they're not in level 40 greens, should be able to do LI so long as they have half a brain and understand how their class works.

If you're having problems with LI, might want to look at the player, not the content.

Bonus Tip: If doing the Bonus Boss in LI, clear the room after him then go back and kill him. That way if you wipe you don't have to run back.

Just to be clear. Is the enrage timer for LR-5 3:30 minutes? Due to some trouble getting the adds down in a timely fashion we always seem to be hitting a wall around 10% where the Electric Spheres are instantly fully expanded and hitting for double what they were before..

Really enjoying the challenge hope we get this down before any nerf. Brilliant fun!

Whole FP got nerfed like 1 week after release, dmg is tuned down on all bosses, it was hard, now - not really. For the robot.. it's just placing the spires smart, takes very little coordination to do so, interrupting the incinerate cast is not that hard either... I don't understand the problem really, hardest thing about the encounter was figuring out his rotation, once you know when he does what it's pretty easy.

Whole FP got nerfed like 1 week after release, dmg is tuned down on all bosses, it was hard, now - not really. For the robot.. it's just placing the spires smart, takes very little coordination to do so, interrupting the incinerate cast is not that hard either... I don't understand the problem really, hardest thing about the encounter was figuring out his rotation, once you know when he does what it's pretty easy.

Yeah went in tonight and did it again for the first time in about a week and it seems nerfed to hell now. The damage output from every boss seems lower. Feels like just another faceroll now.