Is Min/maxed WH/EWH enough for TFB HM.

Ofcourse I throw in the occasional hit when everybody is topped up and when adds have to be killed, but this doesnt change the game really.

And ofcourse i know PVE geared players have more potential in stats, thats obvious. But I am very skilled in healing and did get through TFB HM dread guard.

I'm just looking to have a ground to work on when people doubt to take me on runs.

just becos u got true it dont mean u are damn good at pve keep in minde there was second healer as other say i would not heal with some one in pvp gear u may be skilled but u louse way too much in stats for end game ops .

in my guild we have merc heal who clear it up to kepesh yet in my opinion he have alot to lern and was covered by other healer so he thinks hes awsome as for li if u have good grup its easy try it with tisonie/columi geared grup if u think u are that good

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Min maxed EWH is perfectly fine for TFB HM as long as the other healer is somewhat geared. We cleared all of tfb and first 2 bosses ec nim with 1 dread guard sage and 1 columi scoundrel. Granted the scoundrels gear got better as we went through the instance but it is perfectly doable if the healer is skilled enough.

Min maxed EWH is perfectly fine for TFB HM as long as the other healer is somewhat geared. We cleared all of tfb and first 2 bosses ec nim with 1 dread guard sage and 1 columi scoundrel. Granted the scoundrels gear got better as we went through the instance but it is perfectly doable if the healer is skilled enough.

Just curious, would the Scoundrel leave the instance in between bosses to convert the tokens into gear?

Just curious, would the Scoundrel leave the instance in between bosses to convert the tokens into gear?

He left after kephess to get stuff but it wasnt even augmented so he was still under 2k cunning with a few 27A mods when he came back in for TFB.

if you're on jedi covenant I know my guild and a few others sell runs because we can 7 man it now, so that's a quick way to gear up

Sell runs??? LOL, you guys must be the same clowns on JC that try to sell +10 datacron pulls for 500k or whatever too!

Hi all.

I'm a PVP based operative healer and I am the main healer in our RWZ team.

I love the challenge that it poses to keep everybody up and maintain my energy.

Unfortunately, these kinds of matches are rare yet so full of potential to learn to heal under severe stress.

Therefore I've started looking into PvE. In my first day I did LI HM and EV HM.

These were walks in the park and I was severely dissapointed because on my shadow tank some healers seem to struggle with the fight.

The next day I got into a TFB HM. Now I've only ever done everything up until EC HM on my tank. Never anything on my healer, never TFB. I was a pug together with 2 more who joined a gulid run. This was obviously not the best group.

I had read up on the tactics and nothing more.

On the first boss we wiped a few times cuz we messed up the yellow circles combined with the blood pools quite alot. It was cleared after a few times so we moved on to the 2nd boss. The group leader had doubts about my gear since Dread Guard isnt that easy to heal. Yet after a mere 2 tries we cleared it already.

Now my question is. Do you experienced raiders find Min maxed combo of WH and EWH gear to be enough for TFB HM? As a single player or a whole team. I didn't do the other bosses cuz we decided to stop where we were. People had to go.

I treat it the same way the PVP crowd treats PVE gear in PVP... Shuned/Forbidden! Will not take any PVP geared person into any Op, regardless of you can make it through, thats just more weight on the other 7 people because your not tuned properly for the content imo, can it be done sure, but at some expense/strain somewhere to someone else.

That said, here's what I got:

Elite War Hero (with PvE stim)

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/db5de7ab-54fc-42d3-9751-a8ef99c2790f

1901 cunning

673 bonus healing

35% crit

77% surge

19k hp

Full Campaign (stimmed)

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/df3114ae-fdc6-4e51-bce9-62a61bf7421b

2308 Cunning

751 Bonus Healing

35% crit

78% surge

20k hp

look how much better the Campaign stuff is. Why not run HM EC and get some PvE gear first?

In my experience you can heal fine TFB HM Or EC HM in itemized pvp gear. Its not a matter of having a "good" healer with you making up for you or others in the group carrying you. Gear wise Itemized pvp is almost identical stat wise as blackhole gear. If I put my PVE gear (Blackhole) stuff the only difference is I get an extra 1000hp and 150 cunning. My stats PVP gear

2016 Cunning

795 Bonus healing

37%crit chance

78.82 Surge

20652 hp

It all comes down to how good you heal. I will take pvp gear that gives my injection base heal of 3680, RN of 4800 over lesser heals from pve gear. I have run with multiple guild runs in my pvp gear and have yet to find a guild say my healing was insufficient or they had to carry me. Its is always the other way around and they complement and say good job.

PvPers are wayway more optimized then PvErs in general and the skills you gain from being competitive in ranked pvp far outweigh the armoring gap. I'm the same and I hardly ever run across a pver on the fleet with a higher bonus damage because of awful itemization. I'd say you'll be fine, don't get your hopes up for NM EC though.

If I ran a ranked WZ in full campaign gear I would get chewed out, and rightly so. It the same for someone running HM ops in PVP gear. These are HM Ops, not SM. They take Everyone on the team pulling their weight. The issue is not CAN it be done, but is it acceptible. In my opinion NO. If you are running PVE in PVP gear you are limiting your potential and therefore the team is having to make up for that. HM FPs.. Thats one thing... Those are easy and its not a big deal for someone to be carried by the team a little. You are trying to take a short cut, instead of doing the gear grind. HM OPS are tough and require each member bringing their best. While you may be a skilled player and you were able to get by... It speaks more of the other healer and those in the raid who made up for your "handicap".

While it worked out this time, don't be surprised or offended if you get the boot or uninvited the next time due to your gear.

To be honest, I've done this operation in full unoptimized Rakata (worse than min/maxed EWH/WH). The enrage timers are very lax assuming you're good at your class/role. It's not hard. NIM EC however, you will need to be in full optimized pve gear 61's+ to be able to meet req on every fight.

In my experience you can heal fine TFB HM Or EC HM in itemized pvp gear. Its not a matter of having a "good" healer with you making up for you or others in the group carrying you. Gear wise Itemized pvp is almost identical stat wise as blackhole gear. If I put my PVE gear (Blackhole) stuff the only difference is I get an extra 1000hp and 150 cunning. My stats PVP gear

2016 Cunning

795 Bonus healing

37%crit chance

78.82 Surge

20652 hp

It all comes down to how good you heal. I will take pvp gear that gives my injection base heal of 3680, RN of 4800 over lesser heals from pve gear. I have run with multiple guild runs in my pvp gear and have yet to find a guild say my healing was insufficient or they had to carry me. Its is always the other way around and they complement and say good job.

Could you link an AMR profile to that? I'd like to see the gear makeup.

2 things.

The comparison to PvPing in PvE gear and PvEing in PvP gear is a poor one, as for PvE you're only trying to hit a certain level which many people can reach in PvP gear with the appropriate skill. While in PvP you're actively competing against other players, which if they are just as skilled as you, will crush you if they have an edge in gear. Also, having 200 less main stat in PvE is much less of a handicap than having 0 expertise in PvE.

Secondly, if there's one thing I've noticed as someone who does both aspects of the game, its that PvPers that don't regularly PvE can often become great PvEers. They have the requisite skills, and often simply need someone to help them learn the fights. But more often than not, PvEers that don't regularly PvP make poor PvPers, their reaction times are slow, they're used to scripted fights more than anything.

Long story short, yeah min/maxed PVP gear is fine, in some ways it can beat stock Black Hole gear. And don't listen to these stories of people talking about carrying others, you'll know if you're being carried, if you have to hop in a parser (moreso applies to DPS).

I remember a long time ago a friend of mine (Assault Vanguard) who exclusively PvP'd wanted to do a hard mode EV with us. He was in recruit gear, meanwhile 2 of our other DPS included a Rakata geared Sentinel and a Columi geared Sage. We hit enrage on Annhilator Droid, and they were ready to kick my recruit geared friend, even disparaging him in Officer chat for being a PvPer... I asked all the DPS to upload their parses for the fight. My friend was at 1100 DPS, the Sentinel at 800, and the Sage at 600. Granted those other 2 DPS were TERRIBLE, but they thought they'd automatically be better because they PvE'd only and had PvE gear. Skill > gear.

Edited by wadecounty

Skill > gear.

Ty let me break down the requirements heal wise for NiM kephess on avg 1700 Effective HPS assuming you are 80-90% effective (a good healer) this is easily achievable in Rakata or itemized WH/EWH

Next best thing to asking people on a forum full of people who don't play this game is use torparse.com have you and the other healer upload logs. You can see you effective HPS on all the fights and give you some insight on where you overhealing is coming from.

People struggle with the contet regardless of gear because of their personal skill so do not let anyone tell you what can and cannot be done.

Lastly kephess in tfb is far easier to heal than dread guards it's only a problem of movement. Seeing as you come from pvp I don't think you should have any problems. Effective HPS is between 1200-1500 depending on how bad your group is. And even less for tfb assuming the same situations. In fact the heal check on 16man NiM Jargon and Sorno is actually the highest heal requirement in the game and was doable in Rakata. Enough said Ty for your time. Enjoy pve it's a nice break from the smash's.

Well my PvP gear is min/maxed but my primary damage and bonus damage are higher than some people who PvE, I have raided in PvP gear before, I have 1835 willpower in PvP gear, and 2105 in PvE gear, it makes a noticeable difference but people still allowed me to raid. I believe you still have to see their dps in action before you ban them from raiding with your group.

However to clarify things, PvP gear is ok for a dps, but for a healer or tank, I don't think it would work.

Edited by LastWizard

Hi all.

I'm a PVP based operative healer and I am the main healer in our RWZ team.

I love the challenge that it poses to keep everybody up and maintain my energy.

Unfortunately, these kinds of matches are rare yet so full of potential to learn to heal under severe stress.

Therefore I've started looking into PvE. In my first day I did LI HM and EV HM.

These were walks in the park and I was severely dissapointed because on my shadow tank some healers seem to struggle with the fight.

The next day I got into a TFB HM. Now I've only ever done everything up until EC HM on my tank. Never anything on my healer, never TFB. I was a pug together with 2 more who joined a gulid run. This was obviously not the best group.

I had read up on the tactics and nothing more.

On the first boss we wiped a few times cuz we messed up the yellow circles combined with the blood pools quite alot. It was cleared after a few times so we moved on to the 2nd boss. The group leader had doubts about my gear since Dread Guard isnt that easy to heal. Yet after a mere 2 tries we cleared it already.

Now my question is. Do you experienced raiders find Min maxed combo of WH and EWH gear to be enough for TFB HM? As a single player or a whole team. I didn't do the other bosses cuz we decided to stop where we were. People had to go.

Long story short: Can it be done? Yes. Should it be done? Probably not,

On my first character I hit 50 without ever doing a warzone or having a single piece of commendation. After obtaining a full set of Rakata, I realized it didn't mean anything for PvP, so I had to step out of it and go in and get stomped over and over again in full Recruit. Had to grind my PvP gear from nothing to all the way up to Elite War Hero.

For a PvP in BiS PvP gear to go into a PvE Operation and get the BiS PvE gear right off the bat without ever grinding the previous tier seems wrong in comparison. But if you can do it and they let you do it, why not? Saves you time.

But the best part is that something renders this discussion completely moot. As a PvP'er you're getting a torrent of warzone commendations each day. So, buy the cheapest WH piece, buy a piece of appropirate Legacy item, rip the mods out, send it over to your Cybertech, RE the mods into Molecular Stabilizers, have a crafter craft them into Armorings, Mods, Enhancements. You can have BiS PvE gear without ever setting foot in an Operation, then when you do enter, no one will complain about you wearing nothing but PvP gear, in fact they'll probably think you're an elite raider.

There. Being a frequent PvP'er is the best and fastest way to get PvE gear. Logical?

I have cleared the instance in PVP min maxed Op gear.

Pretty easy to do.

Edit - This wasn't a progression group just standing in for some one, they had cleared it I assume many times

Edited by Mookind

Being a good healer is a matter of skill > gear, to a point at least and that is the point people are discussing? Any healer who knows when to do and what to do encounter mechanic wise, can most likely handle all operations in optimized WH/EWH gear. This is including EC NiM. However, NiM might be a bit of stretch and that is the only place I see PvP geared healer carried, if anywhere. In any case, it should be doable in theory.

I'd rather take good and mechanic understanding PvP geared healer with me than a healer who's grinded molecular stabilizers and BH gear for a month to get semi 63 set up and still has a low general awarness about operation encounters. In a way, I tend to trust that a good PvP healer is more prepared skill wise to handle operations -have they PVE gear or not. But that's just me. In essence to the PvP healer who started this conversation: 95% of the time: skill > gear. In your case I believe it would make it more pleasant in EC NiM to have optimized PVE gear but I would not skip going if you are asked to.

Respect for handling the Dread Guards, it's easily the most annoying fight up to date to heal. And to whoever said it's a matter of tank being geared, seriously, that fight is annoying to heal when people take unnecessary damage (ie: healers + dps not paying attention to where they stand). In fact, it's almost non-existant stress to heal the tanks if everyone else is doing an excellent job. :)

Could you link an AMR profile to that? I'd like to see the gear makeup.

Im not sure how to do that. Further looking at my stats the change was 709 bonus healing and 961 bonus damage. When I wear pve gear bonus healing is only 658. But my main heals drop significantly. nano tech goes from 4807 in PVP gear to 3800 in PVE gear, and injection drops 700 points. PVPers in my experience can certainly wear there gear in pve but not the other way around. Expertise only works for pvp. You cant say the same for pvp gear in pve bc Power, surge, crit alacrity all work the same in pve. Yes you lose main stat and some endurance but not enough to justify not using pvp gear. IF im still above 20k hp and my power is in the 880's and my base heals a greatly higher bc of my pvp gear why would I put gear that lowers my main abilities to perform just bc im now in a PVE area? You may want pvp gear to only work in pvp but it works in both. Its the game designers fault for making PVE not suitable for pvp. It might change with a set bonus with campaign or dred gear but for straight blackhole itemized pvp is better.

Im not sure how to do that. Further looking at my stats the change was 709 bonus healing and 961 bonus damage. When I wear pve gear bonus healing is only 658. But my main heals drop significantly. nano tech goes from 4807 in PVP gear to 3800 in PVE gear, and injection drops 700 points. PVPers in my experience can certainly wear there gear in pve but not the other way around. Expertise only works for pvp. You cant say the same for pvp gear in pve bc Power, surge, crit alacrity all work the same in pve. Yes you lose main stat and some endurance but not enough to justify not using pvp gear. IF im still above 20k hp and my power is in the 880's and my base heals a greatly higher bc of my pvp gear why would I put gear that lowers my main abilities to perform just bc im now in a PVE area? You may want pvp gear to only work in pvp but it works in both. Its the game designers fault for making PVE not suitable for pvp. It might change with a set bonus with campaign or dred gear but for straight blackhole itemized pvp is better.

Ah. Thanks for the clarification. When you said 795 bonus healing my eyes boggled, as I didn't think my PvP itemization was that far off. Actually, I wonder if it is even possible to get bonus healing that high (in PvP gear) without sacrificing so much crit and surge that it becomes counter-productive.

If you're interested, AMR is an abbreviation for Ask Mr Robot, a site that has the TOR gear database in it, and an interface to select all the gear you're currently wearing. If you match your gear, build, buffs, legacy, datacrons and stims, you can get the calculated stats pretty much the same as what you currently have.

You can then save that profile, and fiddle with it (swap out gear or mods) and see what it does to your stats. I find this invaluable to deciding which piece of gear to get next.

Edit: If your PvE bonus healing is 658 I'm guessing you're a mix of Rakata/Black Hole. In that case, your Elite War Hero is definitely going to be better. But if you want to run NM EC, why not get some Campaign and Dread Guard first? If you're really that skilled a healer in PvP gear, imagine how awesome you would be in full Campaign!

Edited by Khevar

Ah. Thanks for the clarification. When you said 795 bonus healing my eyes boggled, as I didn't think my PvP itemization was that far off. Actually, I wonder if it is even possible to get bonus healing that high (in PvP gear) without sacrificing so much crit and surge that it becomes counter-productive.

If you're interested, AMR is an abbreviation for Ask Mr Robot, a site that has the TOR gear database in it, and an interface to select all the gear you're currently wearing. If you match your gear, build, buffs, legacy, datacrons and stims, you can get the calculated stats pretty much the same as what you currently have.

You can then save that profile, and fiddle with it (swap out gear or mods) and see what it does to your stats. I find this invaluable to deciding which piece of gear to get next.

Edit: If your PvE bonus healing is 658 I'm guessing you're a mix of Rakata/Black Hole. In that case, your Elite War Hero is definitely going to be better. But if you want to run NM EC, why not get some Campaign and Dread Guard first? If you're really that skilled a healer in PvP gear, imagine how awesome you would be in full Campaign!

That mr robot seems like a lot of time. My PVE is black hole with 2 campaign for the main pieces( head thru boots and offhand) The rest minus an implant( blackhole) are Elite WH. No one seems to run NIM or really HMEC IF im lucky when im on i may see tells for EC but its for a tank or dps bc its guild runs and there filling in a spot for missing guildy. I could see the 4 piece campaign bonus helping but for now pvp gear is where its at for me.

Skill >>> gear in this game.

In a pvp sense, I would much rather have a guildie in full recruit gear than a pug in WH gear, because I have faith that the guildie has situation awareness that will contribute to us winning the game.

In a similar sense, would I take a pug WH healer into an Ops? No. Would I take an EWH RWZ healer though? Hell yes. Healing in RWZs is perhaps the most demanding / skillbased play of the entire game, next to the Jugg tank in RWZs.

I fiddled around with some AMR profiles. Mind you, I didn't really take the time to properly min-max these. I just plopped the gear on, replaced any lettered mods and corrected a few egregious problems with stock gear. I'm sure someone could tweak these much better than I did.

That said, here's what I got:

Elite War Hero (with PvE stim)

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/db5de7ab-54fc-42d3-9751-a8ef99c2790f

1901 cunning

673 bonus healing

35% crit

77% surge

19k hp

Full Campaign (stimmed)

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/df3114ae-fdc6-4e51-bce9-62a61bf7421b

2308 Cunning

751 Bonus Healing

35% crit

78% surge

20k hp

I'm not trying to say that you shouldn't go into HM TfB or NM EC with that gear, but honestly, look how much better the Campaign stuff is. Why not run HM EC and get some PvE gear first?

Advanced Skill Armoring and Barrel 27 give 72 main stat, Advanced Artful Mod 27 gives 56 main stat. The 23 versions give 48 and 37 respectively. Across 9 slots this means a difference of 387 main stat. If the quote above is correct, then the main stat difference between PvE and PvP gear is 407. So the next time you ask if doing an operation in PvP gear is fine, perhaps you should be asking instead if doing that operation in Tionese would be okay.

No, it isn't a perfect comparison, since I'm not including earpieces, implants, relics, buffs, talents, or secondary stats. But it is food for thought.

Advanced Skill Armoring and Barrel 27 give 72 main stat, Advanced Artful Mod 27 gives 56 main stat. The 23 versions give 48 and 37 respectively. Across 9 slots this means a difference of 387 main stat. If the quote above is correct, then the main stat difference between PvE and PvP gear is 407. So the next time you ask if doing an operation in PvP gear is fine, perhaps you should be asking instead if doing that operation in Tionese would be okay.

No, it isn't a perfect comparison, since I'm not including earpieces, implants, relics, buffs, talents, or secondary stats. But it is food for thought.

As you szid, you are "forgetting" the secondary stats, and yes, they make a big difference.

Stats wise, EWH is close of Rakata. So net time you ask if doing an operation in PVP gear is fine, perhaps you should be asking instead if doing that operation in Rakata is fine.

Edited by Hovergame

As you szid, you are "forgetting" the secondary stats, and yes, they make a big difference.

Stats wise, EWH is close of Rakata. So net time you ask if doing an operation in PVP gear is fine, perhaps you should be asking instead if doing that operation in Rakata is fine.

Don't forget that the rating of the main hand makes a bigger difference than just the stat allocation.

I have a 26 Reflex barrel in my Commando dps. If I swap it out for a 27 War Hero barrel, my aim goes down but my primary damage goes up. That's due to the rating on the barrel.

EWH is better than Rakata, but not as good as Campaign/Black Hole for PvE.