Ebon Hawk Bad Form

GrindStone

You're a troll, right? I mean, seriously, you're trolling us, right?

You insult people. Then say you'll go on a mission to watch them fail. Then roll in and aggro everything so they tell you to use tank stance and you insist on using dps. Your healer lacks a guard and pulls aggro resulting in the crap getting beat out of them, b/c you're in dps. Then you claim you're the victim.

In your second example, you grief a guy who leaves to level when you've already lost a group member to a d/c. Dude, I love lowbies. I group with people ALL the time to run flashpoints and heroics but these people are right. You need to learn your class and not be a complete ***hole to people.

Edited by AlanShore

Well, Kit Fisto was a Master of Shii-Cho, and he was awesome.

But like the first reply said, it sounds like you deserved the poor treatment. I mean, if you want people to be nice and understanding, then do so to them. If you act like you're hot stuff and know what you're doing, someone else might actually assume you do know. But if you admit to being new, they might be a little more understanding. Instead of just -saying- use Combat, they might explain why it would be better for tanking.

Overall, it was poor conduct on both sides, yes. But is by no means an accurate representation of Ebon Hawk. I've grouped with many wonderful people, made many great friends, and am willing to return kindness from strangers with kindness from strangers. Because that's how the world works. You be nice to others, and surprise surprise. Others will be nice to you.

If I'm a troll then I got trolled here, so trolls outnumber everyone else. Making me part of the majority and/or normal. We were having fun until everyone failed. Then everyone bailed. All the damage I have is tied into force abilities. There's Agro built into combat tech, but it would only help the others not to die by killing me instead. I never agreed to that or to tank for them. Instead I used my abilities with the most damage an taunt. I'm not sure what they expected going into it, because I was too low to do the work for them, an they were too low to do the work themselfs. The problem is how it was handled. If you lose you try again, they bolted an blamed me instead of trying again.

Dude, just go back to WoW. Last thing I need is an arrogant, hating, griefer who won't listen in my lowbie groups. I can only imagine how much you'd flop in PvP. I can't believe someone chooses to leave your group and you "spit curse" at them and then intentionally grief them. You're garbage.

If you lose you try again.

There's a step missing in there - learning from mistakes :p

Anyway, don't let it get to you. People get into disagreements and leave groups for all sorts of reasons. E-drama happens all the time in every MMO, best thing to do is shake it off and keep going. It wouldn't hurt to be open to suggestions though, it sounds like the people were impatient and had played a Jedi Shadow before so their advice may be right.

I rush in on the robot an hit it a few times, nobody else is there

It's best to only attack when the rest of your group is ready. "Leroy"-ing happens so often that people automatically assume that the person in question is doing it on purpose to piss off the group, rather than genuinely being inexperienced. The term comes from an old WoW video where someone intentionally kills his entire raid.

Edited by Jenzali

Nah. I'm through being trolled by you. Later buddy, have fun playing KOTOR3.

lmao....your the one coming back and posting right?> gun too your head i bet.... anyways...i feel for alot of people getting flamed these days....i get for healz my friends that are tanks, get it...sucks. So he vented. I think if he wants to do it and not in a rage out way... go for it. I have been left behind as a healer while recouping from a fight, then when they all die...im a jerk? some players demand constant spamming of heals, and nothin but respect for those out there tanking....i got a video on my site of me healing and i know a guy who gets nervous about ops when hes a beast....so he made a dps...now we all are lackin...im doing ops as much as possible with people that dont or havent got to do em..you got about 15k hp and mostly 136..your good enough..heck if ya want use you tube to study fights..no worse than some do. you may know me...Icefang..." legion of the Damned " and i dont mind paying for your repairs if your broke..if you rage out at 50 about money for repairs on a gf..lol stay home if your that crappy. I game in good moods and ya i get tired we all push it and i mess up i goof around..so i get flamed too.. but yet i keep my cool always...thats how rockstars do it. hit me up if your 50 and wanting more stuff to do...its np i did 3 last night..i love helping people relize its not the gear...not at all..its the player. peace ebon hawk..hope all have a blast tonight...

There's a step missing in there - learning from mistakes :p

Anyway, don't let it get to you. People get into disagreements and leave groups for all sorts of reasons. E-drama happens all the time in every MMO, best thing to do is shake it off and keep going. It wouldn't hurt to be open to suggestions though, it sounds like the people were impatient and had played a Jedi Shadow before so their advice may be right.

It's best to only attack when the rest of your group is ready. "Leroy"-ing happens so often that people automatically assume that the person in question is doing it on purpose to piss off the group, rather than genuinely being inexperienced. The term comes from an old WoW video where someone intentionally kills his entire raid.

wise words...and ty for explanatio leroy-ing guess i did it once and some person idk remembers it so well he flames me and exaggerates the story,,,and i did put it behind and got to thinking, why care about someone who dwells on you for a mistake and doesnt know you for ****. Really wierd. I like remember alot of people and missions..but for how fun and how we all clicked and made eachother an invincible slaughtering maching for the empire. but very true...cant dwell..but we lose alot of good players due to it. i love this game and and the community and want it around for some real amzing content....like my own star destroyer lmao,,,never happen..ty for wisdom,

• 2 months later...
I know what he is getting at, but he danced around the topic so much this reply isn't gonna make sense, ***? Why is this here? This is a poor forum and should be downed, I am so confused now.......why am here? what happened to just checking out ebon hawks forums that lead to me reading this?

If I'm a troll then I got trolled here, so trolls outnumber everyone else. Making me part of the majority and/or normal. We were having fun until everyone failed. Then everyone bailed. All the damage I have is tied into force abilities. There's Agro built into combat tech, but it would only help the others not to die by killing me instead. I never agreed to that or to tank for them. Instead I used my abilities with the most damage an taunt. I'm not sure what they expected going into it, because I was too low to do the work for them, an they were too low to do the work themselfs. The problem is how it was handled. If you lose you try again, they bolted an blamed me instead of trying again.

firstly i have ran hammer station with ful group of lvl 15s successfully. it isnt to low for the fp. 14 ish but 15 is doable with the right group ie tank healer 2 dps. tank needs to use tank stance and have a shield and needs to guard the healer. healer needs to heal.

if u new they had no tank 1 you should either go tank stance use a shield of hand and hope for best not much defences at lvl 21 anyway. or second you should have said once you realised they had no tank that they needed one and you were gonna leave group so they could get one.

trying to act as a tank in dps spec and stance and act suprised when they all die is an odd one for me.

personally i think your reactions and your comments to them were just as rude. sure they shoulda waited or kept trying just as much as u could have offered to switch to tank stance stick on a shield and do ur best to help the group you offered to join.

in the second instance you mention sure the guy/girl shouldnt have left after 2 minutes complaining og no xp and offered the same courtesy im sure hed expect if he disconnected. but such is the world off mmo's theres always a few ppl that act this way all you can do is click ignore find replacement and move on.

personally i dont think your a vixtim lke your post implies and that no1 in the examples you provided were innocent victims. i think your just as bad as they are but thats my opinion.

next time do the right thing ignore them be polite dont join a group to watch them fail and ultimatly lead a group to failure by refusing to put on a shield and tank stance and do your best for the group u offered to join. if it goes badly you could always say they need a real tank or better yet do that before u start when u see they dont have one.

also your original post goes on about shadow tanks having nothing to offer ie light armour and so on. you should do some reading. shadow tanks are actually very good tanks jsut as good as other tanks in some respects. when specced properly and geared properly and actually useing the right stance they are very good. and actually have very good damage in tank spec aswell. i have 50 shadow sure its dps but im lvling a sin tank currently lvl 33 and its very good little down time between fights even when using my dps companion mobs die really quick and comps rarely take aggro unless i let them have aggro on mob while i deal with others.

sadly this post is a case of 1 person trying to deflect all blame from samples of as you put it bad form, when your "form" wasnt exactly innocent either. next time you make a post like this actually use samples where you did nothing wrong coz otherwise you really do come of a just another troll