Help me with my energy!

Anysao

Title says it all: i feel like I'm messing it up. I use energy quickly, and I'm afraid how I'll suffer on tough bosses. My friend volunteered for the ch1 boss, so that was nice of him, so I didn't get to test it out.

I an a level 30 lethality operative. Just tell me the orders you fight and such. Thank you!

Title says it all: i feel like I'm messing it up. I use energy quickly, and I'm afraid how I'll suffer on tough bosses. My friend volunteered for the ch1 boss, so that was nice of him, so I didn't get to test it out.

I an a level 30 lethality operative. Just tell me the orders you fight and such. Thank you!

Very, very simple: don't use an ability that uses energy when you're below 80% energy. Instead, use Rifle Shot. Only drop below that level when you have Adrenaline Probe off cooldown (or coming off) or the enemy is soon to die.

Hi,

1. on bosses, dont let your energy bar fell under 1/2 unless you have adrenaline probe ready, because the energy recovery progressively decreases = the lower energy, the slower recovery

2. stimboost - helps you recover your energy for 45 seconds, you need tactical advantage for this though (but it pays off)

3. use shiv as much as you can = tact. advantage = stimboost (and posiibility for Cull, Carabine burst etc etc)

4. in lethality tree - must have:

combat stims - recover 10 energy when you activate stimboost

lethal dose - dots crits much more often

lethal purpose - every dot crit recover 2 energy for you!!

5. stack critical on you armor/weapons ... target for lv 50 is 40+ critical bonus => with all other bonuses from your tree, the DOTS (corrosive grenade and cor. dart) will crit like hell => more energy for you

also, as a sidenote, every kill you do grants you TA - this is not as much advantage on boss fight though, but on regular weak stuff ... grenade, shiv (one dies) carabine burst (second or more dies = more TA) carabine burst ... etc .. (well, now i'm a bit carried away from topic...)

At level 30 (assuming you've gone full Lethality) you should have just picked up Cull, but you won't have the Cull energy reduction talents yet. This makes energy management for your next 2 levels pretty hard.

Personally I find energy management in Lethality spec annoying anyway, so I would recommend switching to Concealment spec until lvl 40 when you can get all the way to Weakening Blast (another essential component of Lethality energy management because it is free).

So, lethality. DoTs. And if they crit, I gain energy. Very interesting. I'll look deeper into Lethality spec now. So don't use cull, for like two levels. And I dont want concealment, as I have a 50 guardian and assassin. I don't want MORE Melee. I am considering healing spec, though. Galaxy needs more healers!

Thank you. This DID help.

Lethality is a melee spec. Operative healing is fun and effective though, definitely a good alternative.

Lethality is NOT melee spec. Period. Please count number of melee attack Lethality operative has and number of ranged attack he has.

If you can do this, use your logic, then correct yourself.

Lethality is NOT melee spec. Period. Please count number of melee attack Lethality operative has and number of ranged attack he has.

/sigh

Shiv is your TA generator, and Backstab is your hardest hitting 1 GCD ability. It doesn't matter that you can toss grenades and darts from 30m, to do max damage you need to be in melee. Just because you have some ranged abilities that does not make Lethality a ranged spec.

It's not quantity, it's quality. BS and Shiv are your quality attacks (hardest hitting and TA generating). Operative DPS is melee and always will be. Heck, in PvP, even as medic I end up in melee most times to dish out some damage.

Cull isn't as useful as I hoped- lethality in itself is good, especially for PvP, and Corrosive grenade dominates in PvP (I litterly get no medals for awhile, die, then I get like 3 at once when try all succumb to the corrosive power)

So, I might try healing one of these days. Never done it thus far, but maybe I'll go full healing tree, but keep up to corrosive grenade..

Thoughts?

So, I might try healing one of these days. Never done it thus far, but maybe I'll go full healing tree, but keep up to corrosive grenade..

Thoughts?

You can't go "full healing" and keep Corrosive Grenade .. but heal-hybrid specs are fun in PVP (both Med/Concealment and Med/Lethality)

You can't go "full healing" and keep Corrosive Grenade .. but heal-hybrid specs are fun in PVP (both Med/Concealment and Med/Lethality)

That's what I meant. Just keep up to Corrosive grenade, and MAYBE the abiltiy where you slow them down

Out of all the characters i've played so far, operatives seem to have best energy management, it's really just a case of trying not to just spam skills after CD's, make good use of TA and default attack (which does a surprising amount of damage) cull spamming can drain energy fast, at most use it 2 times in a row before letting your energy get back up along with TA.

What I used to do at lower levels was get 2 points into the healing tree for the TA gain from kolto injection, and make use of that before I planned entering a fight, that way I had a good energy regen from the start allowing me to open up with TA users.

• 1 month later...
Out of all the characters i've played so far, operatives seem to have best energy management, it's really just a case of trying not to just spam skills after CD's, make good use of TA and default attack (which does a surprising amount of damage) cull spamming can drain energy fast, at most use it 2 times in a row before letting your energy get back up along with TA.

What I used to do at lower levels was get 2 points into the healing tree for the TA gain from kolto injection, and make use of that before I planned entering a fight, that way I had a good energy regen from the start allowing me to open up with TA users.

I haven't used this thread in awhile... I just wanted to say thank you. Without all this help, I wouldn't be a successful level 50 lethality operative! :D

I've always loved concealment

Just lurk around the battlefield in PvP and find stragglers and open with this...

Hidden Strike - Debilitate (A Stun so that way they cannot pop a d cooldown or stealth out) - backstab - shiv - lacerate - recloak - hidden strike again

This rotation should kill pretty much anyone with the right gear or at least get them close to death