Shae Vizla Companion

tgunes

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's not bring back old sub rewards... especially one that was given away twice.

Let's not pay attention to some greedy players that hold their rewards as if they make them somehow unique and bring back all of the previous rewards !

Plus the Dark vs. Light event.

Edited by Solarmind

Let's not pay attention to some greedy players that hold their rewards as if they make them somehow unique and bring back all of the previous rewards !

Plus the Dark vs. Light event.

Let's not pay attention to people who want to screw over those who already have these sub rewards by bringing back old sub rewards and not giving anything to people who already have them - like they did last time when they re-released Shae and Nico.

See? Other people can be insulting and negative too, it's not just you!

See?

No.

Other people can be insulting and negative too, it's not just you!

They will try. :D:p

Let's not pay attention to people who want to screw over those who already have these sub rewards by bringing back old sub rewards and not giving anything to people who already have them - like they did last time when they re-released Shae and Nico.

Players, who already got them, got them. Don't try to mention them, they don't belong in here. It's the players without these rewards we are talking about.

I think old rewards should be brought back as in game achievements, such as what they did with Darth Hexid, or put on the CM for direct purchase.

Hexid wasn't ever a sub reward at all. She and Ranos were the two possible rewards for achieving enough in the Dark v Light event in 2016. Ranos won the election (people did marginally more light stuff than dark stuff), so she was the reward, but she was a reward for gameplay, not for being a subscriber. (OK, I believe it was impossible, or at least difficult,(1) to complete the necessary tier of the event without being a subscriber, but the reward was for completing the event, not for being a subscriber.)

Hexid was later introduced as a fairly light-weight in-game process reward (play three warzones *or* play three group-finder flashpoints, although I did both), and then reintroduced as an on-going thing with the current, heavier requirement.

(1) Certainly it was necessary to have been a subscriber at least once during the time that the whole of KotFE had been released, otherwise you would not be able to level up characters to 65 *or* to finish all of KotFE.

Hexid wasn't ever a sub reward at all.

I never said she was. Nothing in my comment said she was. I said the old sub rewards should be put in as achievements similar to what they did with Darth Hexid. I used the Darth Hexid achievement as an example for how I would like old sub rewards to be made available again. That in no way says anything about Darth Hexid being a sub reward. Never said it, did happen.

I never said she was. Nothing in my comment said she was. I said the old sub rewards should be put in as achievements similar to what they did with Darth Hexid. I used the Darth Hexid achievement as an example for how I would like old sub rewards to be made available again. That in no way says anything about Darth Hexid being a sub reward. Never said it, did happen.

Oops, yes, sorry, misread what you were saying.

Players, who already got them, got them. Don't try to mention them, they don't belong in here. It's the players without these rewards we are talking about.

The forums are public, and we are as free as anyone else to comment on it.

Must be subbed on this date, and only that date, rewards are not the right way to go in my opinion.

Must be subbed for (pick a number) continous months to get a reward would work better. It's still rewarding subs, and gives new players something to work towards.

With the companion rewards they can easily change them, slap a new skin and a new name on them, so that the old sub companions remain unique, but the newer companions perform the same function gameplay-wise.

In my opinion: reward or not, it's not up to me as a player to make that determination. If that charactor was made available to any of us as a reward: then it's exactly that.... a reward ! That means it was GIVEN to me as a "Thank You".

I an not going to be rude to others who are asking for an opportunity to obtain that "companion" . That does not change the significance of the gift that was GIVEN to me.

If I understand this correctly that means that the hard part of making the charactor available as a companion has already been done ( 3-D model , other graphics and coding to make the charactor work in game ) ... If that's the case then the availability is a matter of "flipping a switch" (so to speak). That decision belongs to someone within the ranks of SWTOR... not me. I don't have a problem with OP request at all.

Besides: that falming red headed woman is a hoot !

All we need now is a long cool woman in a black dress ... ( yeah ... I'm sure there's one or two of you who get that one) .

:D:D:D

Edited by OlBuzzard

I don't know why some players assume these were one-time-only rewards. It makes sense to make them available again, a lot of players would sub for them. If you already have them, then congrats, you don't have to sub this time to get them. Enjoy the fact you got several years more use out of them than everyone else.

Of course, if they're just interested in hoarding exclusive rewards over those that don't have them for the sake of feeling as special a snowflake as possible, then I could understand why they'd be so against having the rewards made available again.

In any case, I like the idea of a continuous sub reward system in which both old and new promotional content is made available to players. That way both veteran and new/returning players have reason to participate.

I don't know why some players assume these were one-time-only rewards. It makes sense to make them available again, a lot of players would sub for them. If you already have them, then congrats, you don't have to sub this time to get them. Enjoy the fact you got several years more use out of them than everyone else.

Of course, if they're just interested in hoarding exclusive rewards over those that don't have them for the sake of feeling as special a snowflake as possible, then I could understand why they'd be so against having the rewards made available again.

In any case, I like the idea of a continuous sub reward system in which both old and new promotional content is made available to players. That way both veteran and new/returning players have reason to participate.

Well said !

We should be encouraging others... ( I like the way you siad it better than I did .. )

Must be subbed on this date, and only that date, rewards are not the right way to go in my opinion.

Must be subbed for (pick a number) continous months to get a reward would work better. It's still rewarding subs, and gives new players something to work towards.

With the companion rewards they can easily change them, slap a new skin and a new name on them, so that the old sub companions remain unique, but the newer companions perform the same function gameplay-wise.

That would actually be a good way to go about it.

I recently returned, and after encountering her in SoR as I was progressing through the story content on my Sith Inquisitor, I was really looking forward to being able to recruit her. For some reason I was under the impression that her alliance alert recruitment was simply part of the story in KOTET or something. I'm in chapter 14 of KOTFE now, where I'm working with her, and while looking for when I would be able to recruit her, I just learned that I won't be able to recruit her at all. There's no path available to me at all. The door is just shut and locked. Simply because I wasn't subbed during a specific window of time.

Doesn't leave a good taste in my mouth, and will likely remain in the back of my mind when I decide whether I want to continue or cancel my sub. Shae won't be the sole determining factor about whether I continue to sub or not, but this whole situation is definitely a negative mark in the pro-con list.

I actually suggested this method quite awhile ago, be subbed for X amount of time to receive Y reward. It would certainly encourage more continuous sub time than the date specific rewards. I have never understood this "you must be subscribed on a specific date to get a reward" system SWTOR has going. It's asinine.

What I also dislike though are the threads where someone is basically stomping their feet and having a temper tantrum about not having a certain reward and how BioWare MUST release that reward again. Asking nicely and politely is one thing, demanding is another.

In my opinion: reward or not, it's not up to me as a player to make that determination. If that charactor was made available to any of us as a reward: then it's exactly that.... a reward ! That means it was GIVEN to me as a "Thank You".

I an not going to be rude to others who are asking for an opportunity to obtain that "companion" . That does not change the significance of the gift that was GIVEN to me.

If I understand this correctly that means that the hard part of making the charactor available as a companion has already been done ( 3-D model , other graphics and coding to make the charactor work in game ) ... If that's the case then the availability is a matter of "flipping a switch" (so to speak). That decision belongs to someone within the ranks of SWTOR... not me. I don't have a problem with OP request at all.

A lot of great points made here by the sharing crowd, nice to see.

• 4 months later...

See? Other people can be insulting and negative too, it's not just you!

Why does it have to be a loss for either side, give players without them a chance to get them as a sub reward and any that have them can receive something else like another boosted character or +100 cartel points etc. There doesn't have to be a loser here; all the variables are within Bioware's control here.

Of course, if they're just interested in hoarding exclusive rewards over those that don't have them for the sake of feeling as special a snowflake as possible, then I could understand why they'd be so against having the rewards made available again..

Got nothing to do with being a 'snowflake', more to do with people who stuck with the game through "the dark times' when the rats bailed out, and *****ed like ***** about how bad it was, etc, and hoped the game sunk (just check the forums, there was a lot of hate at the time) These people stayed subbed and kept the game going. People want it done fairly for everyone. But people who weren't here are being 'snowflake intitled kids demanding everything when they didn't support the game' Now if they did it in a way that benefitted everyone, that would be different.

More than anything, because Niko and Shae are in the opening cinematic I think they should be brought back again and again or even made into a permanent thing for subs. Keep the gear they came with back in the day for us snowflakes that already got them so theres something new people dont get, cuz we cant have people getting everything we got cuz reasons.

• 3 weeks later...
More than anything, because Niko and Shae are in the opening cinematic I think they should be brought back again and again or even made into a permanent thing for subs. Keep the gear they came with back in the day for us snowflakes that already got them so theres something new people dont get, cuz we cant have people getting everything we got cuz reasons.

I hope that they really bring Shae Vizla back. I keep seeing her everywhere and I really want to get her as a companion

• 1 month later...
Shae Vizla Companion must be return again, last time i cant take this compainon.

I believe there are those like me.

I too would like to see return of the subscriber reward given earlier for Vizla in the near future as I only have Nico and since I mainly play on the Imperial side Vizla fits better for my needs than Nico. Trade in perhaps?

Please Santa! :rolleyes: