Game Update 5.4a

EricMusco

There are roughly 744 hours in that month...that's $.02 per HOUR for this game...you really want credit for $.16? Come on...

YES!! That's 16 cents that I can use for something more important!! Like buying a single bolt to add to my collection of car parts for when I decide to build me a car from scratch. :p

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got in deep trouble for sassing someone on a support forum we ran for our s'ware. One of the users wanted his pet feature added and would NOT stop pestering me about it. I'd passed it along to the devs, they said: Not a *********** chance. I "translated" that for the user and he would not let up. This went on for weeks. He got up my nose one night, well morning...it was 3 a.m. and insisted that I was not doing my job, that I hadn't passed it along to the devs and I said: Well...pardon me whilst I nip out back and shoot myself.

My boss was laughing so hard he could barely tell me not to do that again. ;)

Gotta love good bosses. :D

It's kinda funny how the ammount of money lost is always "negligible" when it's on the customers side....

What does it amount to per 24 hours? I'm too brain dead to do the math but it's going to come out to around 50 cents per...I can live with that. I think there's way more under my couch cushions.

Sounds sensible to me. I think the excuse was "act of God/nature, we're not responsible, tough noogies, kthxbai".

Fixed monthly rate type of plan I presume? Some people in my area went with those. I found it was cheaper in the long run to may more in the summer for air conditioning but less the rest of the year.

Alright, fair consensus seems to stop doing codes. I hear you on them being shareable like the Cantina code is optimal, but it isn't how they work currently. With that in mind I am going to hold off on it. Again, I apologize if people felt slighted, I only meant it is as a fun downtime killer! I will be more sensitive to that in the future.

Again, we are actively moving towards a possible fix now. We then need to test it to ensure it corrected the issues of this morning. I will pass on updates as I have them.

-eric

Just make the codes not one time use and then that's solved. I for one would love to have the pets way more than CXP. We all like different things in the game.

Nice story bro, still waiting for the links to examples I can actually check. Nothing personal, but it's the internet, I have no reason to believe such claims.

There are no links. Would you think the US enterprises would announce such things :D

On this one you simply has to trust me, why should I lie about these things?

Or not, that's your common sense that decides, not mine,

You have still to contradict me, the proof is not on my side.

Nope. There is a difference. With power, you are paying for actual usage, or estimated usage if your provider is a crook. With your ISP you pay a monthly service fee. If you are down for more than 24 hours, you should receive compensation from the provider for that outage. Since your power was out, you had no usage, and therefore no charges to be returned.

Not if you pay a flat rate, you're not. Flat rate monthly just like an ISP. Act of God/nature not covered. Too bad so sad. This is, btw, not the US so that might have something to do with it.

i'm basicly passing the time on youtube watching some old alf clips giggles one slip is when alf meets the grandma

My late oldest Brother use to love Alf, He laugh his behind off at that stuff puppet, especially when he wanted to eat a cat. His wife bought him a classic furry Alf doll like puppet. She had it buried with him, so he would keep my big bro laughing.

I've had some time to cool down....

Just extend the EXP event. If that's not possible then find some other way to make up for lost time. If you do that the players should be happy. It sucks that the game is down but it's not your fault. We realize you're just delivering the messages.

Why just give subs free stuff? Don't all players deserve something for the downtime? I think so.

No.

They pay for nothing, and so they deserve no compensation for losing time.

Subscribers paid for time they are not getting. F2Pers did not.

No one deserves compensation for losing something they did not pay for.

I got in deep trouble for sassing someone on a support forum we ran for our s'ware. One of the users wanted his pet feature added and would NOT stop pestering me about it. I'd passed it along to the devs, they said: Not a *********** chance. I "translated" that for the user and he would not let up. This went on for weeks. He got up my nose one night, well morning...it was 3 a.m. and insisted that I was not doing my job, that I hadn't passed it along to the devs and I said: Well...pardon me whilst I nip out back and shoot myself.

My boss was laughing so hard he could barely tell me not to do that again. ;)

I once worked at a gallery where we had a lot of testy customers, to the point where they would make my colleagues cry sometimes. Our bosses always backed us up when the customers were rude to us, so it was a lot of fun when they threatened to go to our supervisors. My thing was to smile really brilliantly and say, "you do that. My full name is _____ and my supervisor is located _____. Have a great day!" It totally defuses someone when they are expecting you to cower at the threat of being reported to a boss.

So when's the next SW MMORPG coming. Any news out there?

You do realize that Electronic Arts has an exclusive contract with Disney for Star Wars intellectual property-based games, right? Whether they create it themselves or sub-license the contract work on a game, it's still EA at the end of the day.

My late oldest Brother use to love Alf, He laugh his behind off at that stuff puppet, especially when he wanted to eat a cat. His wife bought him a classic furry Alf doll like puppet. She had it buried with him, so he would keep my big bro laughing.

i'm sorry to hear about you're loss but i am glad he was an easy going guy i'm sure he and alf are both in heaven smiling at you and you're family

MM2(ss) here. There are two kinds of ships in the Navy, fast boats and targets.

I sometimes have sufficient tact to pull they, "I know this isn't your fault" line, but sometimes my inner Submariner shows through and I explain in a calm and rational manner why the person should stop wasting my oxygen. :)

Accountant? Nah, he should look into something safe, like SWAT duty. At least then he can defend himself against the angry mob.

Fast attack widow here, well and a stint as a boomer widow too.

The older I get, the more patient I get. I was a hot head when I was young, big time.

You have a point there. I don't envy Eric one bit tonight.

No.

They pay for nothing, and so they deserve no compensation for losing time.

Subscribers paid for time they are not getting. F2Pers did not.

No one deserves compensation for losing something they did not pay for.

Oh don't worry, no one will get anything. Unless you count some extension of the CXP event in the near future, since that is on target with what people are supposed to do, I can see them doing that, looking gracious.

You do realize that Electronic Arts has an exclusive contract with Disney for Star Wars intellectual property-based games, right? Whether they create it themselves or sub-license the contract work on a game, it's still EA at the end of the day.

Do you realize there are multiple development teams under the Electronic Arts umbrella?