Traken-4 legacy how to do it

slvivin

this is a puzzle but a simmple puzzle

WHAT is the puzzle

its a light on light off which means if you hit the tower is will ether turn on or off

the other part is in it the wire at the top of the tower will tell you which other towers it will affect 2 ether but turning it on or off

diogram from bird eye view

numbers= towers

zzz= spaces(just there to make it nicer

lines=wires

xxxxxxgun

xxxxx/

xxxx/

1---2---3

|zzz|zzz|

4---5---6

|zzz|zzz|

7---8---9

line are the wires

lets say all are off or all are on

1. if you hit 1 then it will turn 124 on

2. if you hit 2 then it will turn 123 and 5 on

3. if you hit 3 then it will turn 236 on

4. if you hit 4 then it will turn 145 and 7 on

5. if you hit 5 then it will turn 2456 and 8 on

6. if you hit 6 then it will turn 356 and 9 on

7. if you hit 7 then it will turn 478 on

8. if you hit 8 then it will turn 578 and 9 on

9. if you hit 9 then it will turn 689 on

towers 1/3/7/9 will turn on/off 3 towers each

towers 2/4/6/8 will turn on /off 4 towers each

towers 5 will turn on/ off 5 towers each

if one or more off or on

lets say 1 and 2 are on

if hit 1 then 12 will turn off and 4 ill turn on

if hit 2 then 12 will turn off and 3 4 will turn on

if 3 is hit then 2 turn off and 34 turn on

rules to live by while doing this puzzle

1st the most important rule only one will hit the panels cause if you get 2 or more people hiting it it will make it nere impossable to complete

2nd rule 3 people are better then 2 can 2 will clear trash while the other person will work on the towers

3rd rule dont read the light saying which is on or off read the panels lit=on not lit =off

4th rule plan plan plan not 1 steps head like 2 or 3 because it will get you to understand the wire with out looking up to see where the wire conect to the towers

IT WILL BE DIFFERENT FOR EACH PERSON FOR WHAT TOWER IS ON/OFF WHEN YOU ARE IN THE AREA thx for that info FateckMeranis i fergot about it

important notes

try makeing towers that will only affect 3 towers off (iff choose tower 1)

then dont touch towers 1/2/4 and try to avoid touching towers 2/4/5/3/7

which means try and work with 6/9/8

IF tower all all off

then hit the towers in this order

1/3/7/9/5

if all towers are on turn 1 off then back on or turnthen all off useing 1/3/7/9/5 them doing it that way agian

if you want me to try the other tower just send it to the fourm here and i will try and help you out

good way to turn them on is work on turn 1/3/7/9 on and haveing 2/4/5/6/8 off then hit the center to turn them all on

another way is to work for getting 1/2/3/4/6/7/8/9 to be on and 5 off then hit in this order

5 then 2/4/6/8 then 5 agian

Edited by slvivin

• 2 weeks later...

Quoted this from another website. "Keep in mind that there is NO way for you to find the "Answer/order to trip them" on the net, becuase its allways going to be different"

But If I am correct the Gun is at #9

Oh and btw, It took me 5.93 hours to do this because of people messing with me. (New Record?)

Edited by FateckMeranis

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Here is a way to solve it if you have problems - I got this off a post on another site.

the currently active terminals should be changed to blue on the site

http://www.ueda.info.waseda.ac.jp/~n-kato/lightsout/index.html

Enjoy if you get frustrated.

Ok so this is the easy way

Put your back to the gun #1 is the tower right in front of you #2 is the next outside tower connected to #1 - #3 is the last outside tower connected to #2

Keep in mind this is layed out like your numerical keypad on your keyboard

So that means #4 is to the left of you and the gun just north of the elite and add-on #5 and #6 to follow

#7 is ------- yes the tower between the 2 elites just left of the gun which means #8 and #9 are the two other outside towers #9 being the group of 4 npcs

go to this link - http://www.ueda.info.waseda.ac.jp/~n-kato/lightsout/index.html

Select 3x3 - select edit - Red is off and blue is On

Look at whats on and whats off - looking at the 3x3 grid

Once you select all of that click play then solve go and click on the towers that show 1's from the site and your done.

I came across this stupid heroic doing another one. Normally i have to solo the 2+ heroics due to the time i play. This is the case this time since im the only player on Balmorra at the time. This one is not worth the headache and frustration for a lousy 6k exp. There are no real indicators that tell you the tower is powered up or not, at least that i could see. This quest should be scrapped or put up some real indicators that show your towers are powered up.

I came across this stupid heroic doing another one. Normally i have to solo the 2+ heroics due to the time i play. This is the case this time since im the only player on Balmorra at the time. This one is not worth the headache and frustration for a lousy 6k exp. There are no real indicators that tell you the tower is powered up or not, at least that i could see. This quest should be scrapped or put up some real indicators that show your towers are powered up.

There are indicators and the posts get illuminated. However, this puzzle seems overly complicated by not having an obvious pattern. Maybe the quest should be called after a math formula as a hint to figuring it out by hand or something because using a program or doing it by luck is not how its meant to be done.

I dont mind learning some math even if it is a bit complicated to solve some puzzles, but dont expect me to create the mathematical formula or figure out which one to use by looking at the environment alone.

In class we mostly look at numbers and not the environment to apply math. Which is unfortunate but at best its a word problem and not something as abstract.

Anyways, I might try to do it later when someone offers a mathematical formula to apply to this.

• 2 weeks later...

This quest is totally broken...

I got all 9 lights lit up.... the gun powered on, went up in the air and fired a few rounds... the gun powered off... the quest still said I needed to power the gun up...

there is NOTHING to "use" to use the gun...

/epic fail quest.

• 9 months later...

Super easy easy method to solving the Traken-4 puzzle.

*** SPOILER ALERT*****

Don't read down if you don't want to know how to solve this puzzle.

You can of course look at the initial state and put it into this puzzle solver and poof out comes the answer. The answer will get you there in one iteration.

But if you don't want to 'cheat' then do this:

Look at the current state of the puzzle. You dont need to 'number the poles' but it is easier if you draw a 3x3 grid on a piece of paper and put a dot wherever a pole is OFF. Now go click EVERY off pole that was off when you recorded the state. Ignore whether the poles change state as you click them...just click every off pole that was off when you recorded it.

Now you have a new state. Again record every OFF pole. Then click every pole that was off. Repeat as needed. Depending on the initial state, most can be solved in 3-5 iterations - but some are longer, some shorter.

If you miss a pole or click the wrong pole it will screw it up. Just again record the state and click every off pole.

Edited by Plo_Coon

• 9 months later...
This quest is totally broken...

I got all 9 lights lit up.... the gun powered on, went up in the air and fired a few rounds... the gun powered off... the quest still said I needed to power the gun up...

there is NOTHING to "use" to use the gun...

/epic fail quest.

Mateeee did you even check the ship in front of the gun? ( soz for thread bump)

I managed to finish the puzzle in 15 minutes :/

• 1 month later...
Don't care if this is a spoiler or not. After you've beaten your brains to a bloody pulp getting the power on, the gun will automatically start firing and down an Imperial shuttle. After the shuttle crashes, you must loot the shuttle's entrance door. Picking up a mission *REWARD* should not be so bloody difficult to figure out. Edited by FriarNuts

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
Super easy easy method to solving the Traken-4 puzzle.

*** SPOILER ALERT*****

Don't read down if you don't want to know how to solve this puzzle.

You can of course look at the initial state and put it into this puzzle solver and poof out comes the answer. The answer will get you there in one iteration.

But if you don't want to 'cheat' then do this:

Look at the current state of the puzzle. You dont need to 'number the poles' but it is easier if you draw a 3x3 grid on a piece of paper and put a dot wherever a pole is OFF. Now go click EVERY off pole that was off when you recorded the state. Ignore whether the poles change state as you click them...just click every off pole that was off when you recorded it.

Now you have a new state. Again record every OFF pole. Then click every pole that was off. Repeat as needed. Depending on the initial state, most can be solved in 3-5 iterations - but some are longer, some shorter.

If you miss a pole or click the wrong pole it will screw it up. Just again record the state and click every off pole.

Thank you soooooo much for your alternate solution! That website seems to be dead and I thought i'd never solve this stupid thing.

• 2 years later...
Ok so this is the easy way

Put your back to the gun #1 is the tower right in front of you #2 is the next outside tower connected to #1 - #3 is the last outside tower connected to #2

Keep in mind this is layed out like your numerical keypad on your keyboard

So that means #4 is to the left of you and the gun just north of the elite and add-on #5 and #6 to follow

#7 is ------- yes the tower between the 2 elites just left of the gun which means #8 and #9 are the two other outside towers #9 being the group of 4 npcs

go to this link - http://www.ueda.info.waseda.ac.jp/~n-kato/lightsout/index.html

Select 3x3 - select edit - Red is off and blue is On

Look at whats on and whats off - looking at the 3x3 grid

Once you select all of that click play then solve go and click on the towers that show 1's from the site and your done.

I know this an old post but I just got to say that I've always heard this mission was super annoying. But I just did what you and the site said and I finished it in less than 2 minutes. lol thanks man

• 3 weeks later...

Another simple method starts from having only the center lit (that's #5)

I started with 1 and 8 turned on. I hit 7 then 4.

Now only #5 is on and u can use the following formula if u can get to this point

Hit 5 to get 2,4,6, and 8 on.

hit 2 hit 6 hit 8 hit 4 (those are North East South and West on your 3x3 grid, just go clockwise)

now all the lights are off and you can use the simple corner method already mentioned which is

Edited by Muaddiibb

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...