Flashpoint advice needed.

Ok so a friend and I have played through the game. He is a smuggler healer... I am a DPS commando. Assuming we can get two random tank and dps to help us.... which FP should we do first?

We have finished normal D7 recently. I have 2 crafted rakata items and tionese legs and the rest is mostly rubbish. My friend has the same. What should we tackle first? Which HM is the most forgiving? I tried Esseles once but our (my) dps wasnt up to scratch to kill the last boss before he enraged. Up till then tho was fine and netted me tionese pants.

PLS keep in mind we are strictly average or slightly better then average players. Im not looking for ppl to say "We beat HM xyz in 45 mins because its all about mechanics not gear". We arent pro. We can be taught... but for the moment we arent pro so please be realistic.

Cheers

My advice first and foremost would be to get both rakata implants and earpiece from the dailies and then maybe 2-3 pieces of gear from the GTN before trying HM FP's. This will give you a good starting point from which to try them. Bringing along a good healer of course makes everything easier, so try and do that if possible too.

There are two distinct categories of flashpoints easier and harder, these are in my opinion the easier and harder flashpoints:

Easier

Taral V

False Emperor

The Esseles

Maelstrom Prison

Harder

Directive 7

Battle of Ilum

Kaon Under Siege

The Lost Island

In the easier camp I would try Taral V and the False Emperor first followed by The Esseles and Maelstrom Prison. In the harder, I would try Directive 7 and Battle Of Ilum followed by Kaon Under Siege. The Lost Island is significantly harder than all the rest so I wouldn't attempt that without being in full Columi with a few pieces of Rakata unless you have a good geared group with you.

Hope this helps.

The False Emperor has always been my favorite Flashpoint to start with, whether it is Empire or Republic. It nets you an important item in your set (chest), the bonus boss (Sith Entity) provides implants, and HK-47 can drop weapons. The Flashpoint itself is not very difficult, though there are some very hairy pulls when you're first starting out.

I mostly agree with the arrangement of the flashpoints listed above, except that I would swap Battle of Ilum and The Esseles in terms of difficulty. If you ran Esseles and you're finding that you're hitting the enrage timer on the last boss, a couple of pieces from Ilum and False Emperor could definitely put you over the lip of what you need.

Another important piece of advice I can offer is making sure you have stims, healthpacks, and adrenals. Having biochem is a wonderful tool, if that's the profession you chose. If the GTN is coming up pretty barren, hit up the Medical/Stim Droids that sell Exceptional Medpacks and the stims. All Hard Mode Flashpoints drop Biometric Alloy, if I remember correctly, which is the "rare" ingredient in the rakata-level biochem stuff.

Ummmm.... I have no idea why my post appears three times on this thread by the way... I only posted it once. Bug perhaps, anyway sorry that it's hijacking this thread but it has nothing to do with me :rolleyes: