Artifice +Power Gems

madsloth

i'm going to assume you're talking about color crystals. The only trainable/reverse-engineerable recipes have either crit or endurance. one or the other, not both.

I am talking about the ones that are + 14 power you can find them in gear, and you can reverse engineer them. I am trying to find out if you can learn how to make them from reverse engineering them or are they only found?

http://www.torhead.com/item/bWeqluU

http://www.torhead.com/item/ECVEe9

Edited by madsloth

anyone? is it possible to learn to craft these? and if not what is the point of Artifice? nothing I have made is better than anything I can get as a mission reward.

I have actually made every saber gem I use. You can only craft crit and endurance as far as I know. If you must have +power then yeah, you may need to go with drops/quest rewards. I use the +endurance blue recipes for myself, alts, and guildies unless they specifically ask for crit.

anyone? is it possible to learn to craft these? and if not what is the point of Artifice? nothing I have made is better than anything I can get as a mission reward.

Really? Have you done saber hilts? Ive been crafting artifact hilts for the last 10-15 levels and they are signifigantly better than any you can buy from a vendor or get from at quest at that level. It does take a lot of time/money though.

But this makes no sense to me, if you reverse engineer an item enough times you learn to make an improved version… so if you get enough + Power gems from mission rewards and reverse engineer them and why can't you learn to make them…

oh well. It seem to me crafted items in this game are just like crafted items in WoW, you may use them for a time but in the end loot generated items. from what I have been told lvl 50 top end gear is all rewards and not crafted.