trying to figure out how vent and teamspeak work

Hello, I am currently in a dilemma. I have 1 level 50 juggernaut, a level 49 assassin, and a level 33 operative. I have done some ops on the Juggernaut, but I have no experience with how to use these online communications properly. I do have a mic, but I never seem to figure out how to connect to servers and the like. can someone please explain to me how this works?

Thanks, Lord-durpp

You install the client (which I assume you've done). After setting it up, when joining a group, if someone (or your guild) has a server, they will give you the IP or hostname, the port number (if using Vent), and the password (if it has one). You open the program, enter the information in the required places, and press connect.

The specifics vary depending on what program you're using but the general idea is the same, easy to figure out.

previously, i just looked up the fights beforehand on dulfy's site, and have done well. i just feel i can be even better with the voice connection

Edit: yes, he's a tank. love to be needed.

Edited by lord-durpp
wanted to add on

Hello, I am currently in a dilemma. I have 1 level 50 juggernaut, a level 49 assassin, and a level 33 operative. I have done some ops on the Juggernaut, but I have no experience with how to use these online communications properly. I do have a mic, but I never seem to figure out how to connect to servers and the like. can someone please explain to me how this works?

Thanks, Lord-durpp

Maybe this tutorial will help.

There are public servers,but most everyone uses (rents) their own server, so in order to talk to your guildies, you need their info to connect to their server.