Allow us to RE orange to get some mats back.

troyh

We are flooding the world with orange gear because everyone is just crafting to get augments. This is clogging the game and hurting the market. Please patch the game so we can RE the orange gear to get back some mats.. that way we don't have 50 pages of orange non augmented stuff that no one wants. The worst of them all is War Hero and Battlemaster non augmented crafted gear.. seriously who will ever want that? The only reason anyone would make that is to get the augment slot since it has valor requirements.

Thank you

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard tossing any ilevel Armoring into an Orange piece of gear will allow you to RE it. I have not tested this myself or gotten any form of confirmation.

I've heard this but I haven't heard WHAT you get back from the RE? I'm assuming it's just RE'ing the mod and NOT the orange item. The devs specifically stated they don't want people to RE orange items so the above has to be a bug.

I've heard tossing any ilevel Armoring into an Orange piece of gear will allow you to RE it. I have not tested this myself or gotten any form of confirmation.

This is not true. They are refrying to RE'ing campaign gear. With 1.2 you are supposed to be able to take the mods out of the new campaign gear and RE it to get a schematic for an Orange shell. It's not working as intended, you have to add a low lvl armoring to it to RE. You can not RE any orange items.

I've tried this with normal orange gear and it wouldn't RE but don't know about the campaign gear.

I would be nice just to be able to get some raws back from the stuff that doesn't crit, my wife just hit 50 on her Assassin and picked out the outfit she wanted from my synthweaver (who up until then had been critting regularly) I have spent over the last few days about 200k just on gathering missions and got nothing but a bag full of orange gear with no Aug slot that sells for about 300 credits each...

To be honest, I don't care. I feel completely duped by Bioware. From what they promised in 1.2 to what they delivered is a yawning chasm littered with bugs and, what seems to be their favourite tool, the random number generator. Secret World Beta weekends start in May so I'm swinging the lead until then and then deleting the lot.

I just sell it at a shop whenever it's not something I can use. Figure it's better than flooding the market with overpriced oranges. Should I decide to sell one that doesn't have any of its kind on the GTN, then I'd make it 1k or so. Still roughly a 10x profit from vendoring it.

We probably should all flood the market with the useless oranges. This should cause prices to sharply decline, thus making crafters feel even more shafted. If more disgruntled crafters take to the forums and let BW know that we are not satisfied with the current state of crafting, BW might actually address a few of our concerns.

Not being able to re back non crit organges is meant to keep the mats and missions market going aka time/credit sink. This really helps keep inflation down and people doing missions and daily's to keep up.

Would you rather have them further lessen the crit rates? See there has to be a price to pay for the crit and using up mats is the price.

On my server The Jekk Jekk Tarr (as of a week after 1.2) the augmented stuff is around 100-500k depending on how the crit item looks . While there are plenty of orange non-augments on, it's not gonna go out of control since everyone can only put up 50 and it only stays up there for 2 days.

Not being able to re back non crit organges is meant to keep the mats and missions market going aka time/credit sink. This really helps keep inflation down and people doing missions and daily's to keep up.

I love when people think they know what BW is thinking and post statements like this one as fact.

We are flooding the world with orange gear because everyone is just crafting to get augments. This is clogging the game and hurting the market. Please patch the game so we can RE the orange gear to get back some mats.. that way we don't have 50 pages of orange non augmented stuff that no one wants. The worst of them all is War Hero and Battlemaster non augmented crafted gear.. seriously who will ever want that? The only reason anyone would make that is to get the augment slot since it has valor requirements.

Thank you

I can confirm, just put in a low level armoring mod into the orange gear, and you can RE it. Search my post history, I made this same question and other players told me the work-around.

The Mats returned are appropriate for the level of the orange. For example, I RE'd some War Hero gear, and got back the Grade 6 mats I used to make it in the first place. (This was also confirmed by Stephen Reid, check the dev tracker)

Edited by Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I can confirm, just put in a low level armoring mod into the orange gear, and you can RE it. Search my post history, I made this same question and other players told me the work-around.

The Mats returned are appropriate for the level of the orange. For example, I RE'd some War Hero gear, and got back the Grade 6 mats I used to make it in the first place. (This was also confirmed by Stephen Reid, check the dev tracker)

Defenitly does not work with sabers.

Tried the sudgested hilt into it, but not working.

Did hear it's the same with other orange weapons, and this solution only works wit 1.2 orange armors.

Agreed. I've been crafting diatium onslought chest pieces and running out of resources, buy new diatium materials and my bank is full of the pieces. They won't sell, so I've been selling some of them to vendors for a measly 680 credits.

I critted a Battlemaster gauntlet on first try, though. So guess I've been lucky in that regard.

I have 20 force mystic pvp robes now without an augment....no one will buy them, no one wants them for free and even the vendor will only take 1$ for it....

I'm going to have to buy another cargo bay just for these things till i crit one with an augment.

Just mail them all to another character. The mail can be your vault!