The Story of SWTOR, 2014

TaitWatson

a lot of nothing was said, while dropping some pretty interesting teases.

So, is Manaan going to be an actual planet, or just an FP?

Just a FP

So 2.9 will have 2 new flashpoints? or Just one? if one, so 3.0 wont be release of a new expansion?

Most likely two flashpoints, like the Czerka FP it's going to be in two parts, the second FP is probably called Manaan Underwater station or something.

So 2.9 will have 2 new flashpoints? or Just one? if one, so 3.0 wont be release of a new expansion?

Just like in WoW, the 3.0 is going to update the game with the new stuff coming in the expansion and the expansion comes later and unlocks the content. It's in order to make the downloads easier since there isn't going to be such a rush to download them.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I swear, getting information out of BioWare about plot for up-coming expansions and updates is like Mulder's hunt for extraterrestrials in the X-files...full of crackpot theories and EA conspiracies, with little evidence to back anything up.

:ak_03:

We can find much more consisting and valuable infos on all the above than on SWTOR.

Not exactly fully of story or information.

As far as the Story of SWTOR mostly vague talk that there will be some rather than any details on what the story will be.

For a post that claims "Charles Boyd talks story" I expected a bit more information other than "those flashpoints you knew were coming had some story and the expansion will have some story too".

To me it looks like that droid is plugged into the wookiee's chestpiece. Maybe he uses it for translation instead of just carrying it around for stylish reasons.

Wait, what? So this story is available now? Or not till 2.9? Sorry lol. If it's out now, I'm not sure how I missed this. If it's not till 2.9, I feel better at not being so blind to have missed this.

Part 1 of Forged Alliances has been available for some time now (since Game Update 2.7: Invasion). Part 2 will be included in Game Update 2.9: Galactic Strongholds, coming August 19th (little over 3 weeks), and will probably take place on Manaan. When will Part 3 and beyond appear, no one knows, but many assume that Part 1 and 2 are setting the stage for new story in the new expansion (game Update 3.0).

It all sounds well and good, but you people at Bioware need to announce something soon, and it better not be "releases early 2015", since that always means late 2015.. There needs to happen something major soon!!! Cartel Market and Cartel Market features like Strongholds are NOT content..

Well, ever since they mentioned on stream that Chapter III of Forged Alliances would be a raid, I was hoping that this raid would arrive before the next major "Makeb-sized expansion". Boy was I deluding myself... I should have listened to all the naysayers in my guild all along.

Oh well, so roughly 3 to 5 months till the next raid, I can live with that. But I really hope this Makeb-sized expansion will contain more than one leveling planet. And that the next raid after that will come a little sooner than more than a year later. You can still hope, right? :o

Also Bioware if I could request a lengthy blog from Charles Boyd detailing the story of the entire endgame in this game. People need to be more aware that there is actually quite a fascinating story to behold. Also giving us more hints is always good.

We already got that here: http://www.swtor.com/blog/record-dread-masters. Definitely an interesting read. :)

Just like in WoW, the 3.0 is going to update the game with the new stuff coming in the expansion and the expansion comes later and unlocks the content. It's in order to make the downloads easier since there isn't going to be such a rush to download them.

I doubt that. We had to download the files for 2.0 the day it came out, so why would they do it differently for 3.0?

Edited by Jerba

I swear, getting information out of BioWare about plot for up-coming expansions and updates is like Mulder's hunt for extraterrestrials in the X-files...full of crackpot theories and EA conspiracies, with little evidence to back anything up.

:rak_03:

Absolutely agree. News are scarce and vague, content is dropped by tiny pieces. Mulder had more info on X-Files than we get about what new features the next all-powerful not-free expansion's going to have.

Cantina Tours, for instance, are for Americans only and EU people continues to get no feedback about almost anything. Thank the Force for Dulfy and their unstoppable work of reuniting bits of info.

Goddamit, hope you guys at Austin keep up the good work and surprise us with blazing new improvements... and please, keep hearing and reading about what your subs want done. Let's be serious: some things like Galactic Starfighter should be redone.

As I said, keep it up and try to push your limitations as further as your will wants to.

PS: Manaan's gonna be a FP. Watch the LiveStreams, they spoil what you don't want to tell your players. For the Force's sake, be smarter or just serious on what you do. People pay you for it, keep up with the quality expected for a game like this.

:ph_thank_you:

Edit: I'd be willing to enter 3 or 4 new planets like Oricon than 1 more like Alderaan or Hoth. Or focus on implementing a true war between factions by pushing up Open PvP instead of crippling it. Or implementing true space between planets, just like SW: Galaxies did on their first expansion so many years ago. Or revamping all mounts and vehicles so they'd attack also and could boost for a while so people could race... Or redo all single player ship missions... So much to be (re)done... but those would be TRUE expansions!

Edited by RandirTheWise
Adding argumentations

that droid head looks VERY like the one from star wars: the clone wars season 5 episode 7 a test of strength. said droid claims to be several thousand years old and rides what appears to be a defender ship (knight and consular ship). could it be the same driod? his name is huyang link to make things easier

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Huyang

Well, it would be interesting, but I doubt it. It is much more likely a reference to Chewbacca carrying C3PO around on Cloud City.

And it is not a Defender-class corvette, but an unnamed Jedi Training cruiser. It share a lot of common elements, but it has certain differences, mainly in the engine section. It is entirely possible that Clone Wars artists used the Defender as baseline, they were, after all, planning on including lot of important Old Republic content, like Revan and Bane, before George Lucas stopped them, but it is not a true "Defender-class".

EDIT: Wookiepedia claims that the design was based on Defender from SWTOR, so I guess I was right.

Edited by Aries_cz

Well, ever since they said on stream that Chapter III of Forged Alliances would be a raid, I was hoping that this raid will arrive before the next major "Makeb-sized expansion". Boy was I deluding myself... I should have listened to all the naysayers in my guild all along.

Oh well, so roughly 3 to 5 months till the next raid, I can live with that. But I really hope this Makeb-sized expansion will contain more than one leveling planet. And that the next raid after that will come a little sooner than more than a year later. You can still hope, right? :o

When did they say that chapter 3 would be a raid? I never saw/heard this...

also

As Bruce has mentioned, Forged Alliances is a three-part story. But that doesn’t mean that Part III will be the end – these flashpoints lead directly into our next major story expansion, our largest since Rise of the Hutt Cartel. While we don’t plan to require that you play the flashpoints before jumping into that expansion, it’s by far the best way to experience the storyline, so don’t miss out!

So either the expansion and part 3 are the same (which I don't think so now) or part 3 will launch before the expansion.

Well, it would be interesting, but I doubt it. It is much more likely a reference to Chewbacca carrying C3PO around on Cloud City.

EDIT: Wookiepedia claims that the design was based on Defender from SWTOR, so I guess I was right.

It's definitely going to be translator droid in order to save peoples ear from wookiee growling, we don't want another Holiday Special.

Also, I can already imagine the last chapter being released around mid-December, with the expansion coming ONLY next year. One or a couple of flashpoints, every four months(!!!), feels kinda underwhelming to say the least.

And tactical at that, assuming they won't be doing differently of what they've done with the Korriban and Tython FP's.

They haven't exactly given any indication implying otherwise.

When did they say that chapter 3 would be a raid? I never saw/heard this...

also

So either the expansion and part 3 are the same (which I don't think so now) or part 3 will launch before the expansion.

They mentioned it on one of the dev streams for the Tython/Korriban streams. It was a few months ago.

To me, it sounds like 3.0 and chapter 3 will be the same patch, but you could also be right, hard to tell for sure. I highly doubt that 3.0 will come in October since they don't have enough time to start preorders till then, so December sounds more likely for an expansion. But in that case, we'd get patch 2.10 in October, which sounds a little bit strange. While 2.10 is certainly possible to do in version numbering, I don't think they'd go that route.

Edited by Jerba

:wea_09:- - - -:rak_09:<:

+1

A Wookie? Can my Gunslinger trade Bowdaar in for a (hopefully) less morose Wookie who is all about the fighting and not about the moaning and groaning? Can Fess and my (hopefully) new Wookie send trash-talk mails to each other? Is that Wookie doing the crazy eyes because a Jedi Consular just entered Manaan with Fess?

If so, yay! If not, hmm. Manaan + a Wookie. I got nothing, except curiosity.

Part 1 of Forged Alliances has been available for some time now (since Game Update 2.7: Invasion). Part 2 will be included in Game Update 2.9: Galactic Strongholds, coming August 19th (little over 3 weeks), and will probably take place on Manaan. When will Part 3 and beyond appear, no one knows, but many assume that Part 1 and 2 are setting the stage for new story in the new expansion (game Update 3.0).

God I'm retarded. I came back right at the drop of 2.8, I had been gone since maybe 2.1? I only did the new planets thinking that was it. I had been concentrating on leveling my Assassin and Smuggler since being back and hadn't even noticed. Well, at least I know now, I'm off to take my Jugg through them. There is one story for each side right?