I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.

TheBBP

So you're a man, who pretends you're a women, but you're against SGR? I'm very confused.

Roleplaying as the opposite sex isn't pretending to be the opposite sex. At no point are our characters us. It's just playing a female character. Just like playing as Samus doesn't mean you're pretending to be a women.

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is pretty bad. We're still dealing with BioWare - NO ONE in your crew is sane or well-balanced. I think the sanest party member of all their games was the miniature gigantic space hamster. The more control they have, the more it approaches something like Blake's 7, Torchwood, or a Joss Whedon series; a boatload of wonderful mixed nuts...writer's dream and a shrink's nightmare. It's still not a stretch for some of the characters to have had an SGR of their own in the past, just easier to see with some of the ones who've lived a pretty wild existence or have an "I'm up for anything" mentality in general. Edited by Allronix

Roleplaying as the opposite sex isn't pretending to be the opposite sex. At no point are our characters us. It's just playing a female character. Just like playing as Samus doesn't mean you're pretending to be a women.

role-play [rohl-pley]

verb (used with object)

to experiment with or experience (a situation or viewpoint) by playing a role: trainees role-playing management positions.

Sorry I should have said experimenting with being a woman, not pretending, my bad.

As someone that started playing since it went f2p and like the game enough to buy a subscription. Mostly due to the stories and interactions with your companions. I consider SGR option a fairly high priority for exisiting and new companions myself. It is one of about a half dozen things they will need to do to keep me long term.

Right now I am enjoying the game but variety is the spice of life and they will need to add more RP options to keep me paying at least. So I know they are adding them to the next expansion and I hope soon after we see them for old companions as well.

I also do not agree that this is being included. I also have no idea whatsoever why this thread was moved to the suggestion box. The OP is stating his/her opinion. He/She does not agree with something that's being forced into the game. How is this a suggestion? Why is this thread being buried?

I also do not agree that this is being included. I also have no idea whatsoever why this thread was moved to the suggestion box. The OP is stating his/her opinion. He/She does not agree with something that's being forced into the game. How is this a suggestion? Why is this thread being buried?

This thread is a suggestion on what should have happened rather than SGRs right now.

How is the Implementation mechanics of future SGRA content related to Story and Lore? The forum mods are not really big on Visibility when it comes to placing SGR topics.

Edited by Unusualsuspect

This is what I don't get. People ask for more options in games, but if it is sometime they do not want or believe in then no one should have it.

It is a game and you are playing a specific character, not your life. Also, just because it is in game does not mean you need to participate in it.

This thread is a suggestion on what should have happened rather than SGRs right now.

I also find that the ones calling the shots must be reminded of that. Many other more important features and functions far exceed than the need for SGR. Certainly not as much as Guild functions, or other stuff that everyone can participate in. It's simple logic. The extra resources should've went to more pressing matters.

Personally I don't really care if SGR is in or not, but I do feel that there are a lot more pressing issues that need to be addressed as a priority. There are a multitude of bugs that have been in game since Beta that have never been fixed, and other "show stopping" bugs that have come along since, shouldn't these have precedence over content targeted to a minority audience?

Personally I don't really care if SGR is in or not, but I do feel that there are a lot more pressing issues that need to be addressed as a priority. There are a multitude of bugs that have been in game since Beta that have never been fixed, and other "show stopping" bugs that have come along since, shouldn't these have precedence over content targeted to a minority audience?

There have been over 2000 bugfixes. There have been 0 SGR additions. I think it's clear bugfixing has been the priority all along. So I'm not sure what you're complaining about.

This thread is not being buried if it was it would have been removed. Bioware have aloud this thread to stay open as to foster CONSTRUCTIVE discussion on the topic of SGR. That being said I disagree with you saying it is being forced. How exactly is this so? I mean take for example a pve event that has pvp elements many people do not pvp but if a event calls for a little bit of participation in pvp then does that mean it is being forced? I think not. The SGR content is right now only flirt options if you not interested then don't click them. Simple as that.

The question here is whether there is really an overlap between these things. If SGR comes instead of this or other bugfix, then I would agree that it's the wrong priority. But actually, I don't believe that there's much of an overlap. SGR seems to be rather an expansion of dialogues and this doesn't have much to do with debugging other game aspects. Some yellow post once stated that when it comes to different aspects of the game, there are different teams involved. This would seem to be the case here.

I also find that the ones calling the shots must be reminded of that. Many other more important features and functions far exceed than the need for SGR. Certainly not as much as Guild functions, or other stuff that everyone can participate in. It's simple logic. The extra resources should've went to more pressing matters.

Everyone can participate in SGRs as well. You can choose not to, just like I choose not to use a guild. So don't go saying that guilds are for everyone, not everyone is in a guild.

Everyone can participate in SGRs as well. You can choose not to, just like I choose not to use a guild. So don't go saying that guilds are for everyone, not everyone is in a guild.

Nothing in this game benefits everybody. The difference is that the vast majority of the player base is in a guild and would benefit from guild functionality. Whereas, only a small minority portion of the player base will benefit from SGRs.

Edited by TheBBP

Nothing in this game benefits everybody. The difference is that the vast majority of the player base is in a guild and would benefit from guild functionality. Whereas, only a small minority portion of the player base will benefit from SGRs.

Man, you really need to stop stating that like it's an empirical fact.

would benefit from guild functionality.

Considering that they are completely different departments, but for all you know, they could be doing both at the same time.

Like has been stated numerous times in this thread, I'm sure, they were already making the NPC's and doing the Voice Overs for Makeb, so they decided to include SGR's in it. I mean, it isn't like when they said that they said that it would be at the expense of doing X, Y, or Z.

I do not agree with the inclusion of Wookiees.

But it did happen. Is my smuggler using their Wookiee ? No (only for target practice).

So am I in any way disturbed by that Wookiee companion ? No, as there is no use for the kitchen on my freighter anyway.

Does the Wookiee hug or kiss me, when I enter the ship ? Nope, else I would burn it.

Am I disgusted by seeing Wookiees with other players ? Yes, but I can just look the other way and be on my merry way.

Am I asking for Wookiees to be removed from the game, just cause I do not want them ? Hell no, who am I to put my own opinion over that of many others.

Edited by JPryde

I do not agree with the inclusion of Wookiees.

But it did happen. Is my smuggler using their Wookiee ? No (only for target practice).

So am I in any way disturbed by that Wookiee companion ? No, as there is no use for the kitchen on my freighter anyway.

Does the Wookiee hug or kiss me, when I enter the ship ? Nope, else I would burn it.

Am I disgusted by seeing Wookiees with other players ? Yes, but I can just look the other way and be on my merry way.

Am I asking for Wookiees to be removed from the game, just cause I do not want them ? Hell no, who am I to put my own opinion over that of many others.

Just wondering what your post has to do with this thread.

Just wondering what your post has to do with this thread.

Just because someone doesn't agree with a single aspect of the game or the future of this game, does not mean, that this aspect should not be expanded anyway.

SGRs is a hot topic since release or even before and Bioware is well known for including SGRs in their games... so I honestly do not understand the fuss about this.

Also I see it as extremely hypocritic to claim SGRs being a danger to youth, while violence and bloodshed and slavery (as all proposed as beneficial behaviour in the empire) are not at all a danger to the youth.