How to start PvE at level50

Hello, I am a couple of bars away from 50 and I am looking to do PvE content first and want to raid as soon as possible, but my question is, how do I start this? I heard there is no "grinding" in this game because normal mode on Eternity Vault is fairly easy but my question is, how do I gear up once I'm 50? Are the Hardmode flashpoints worth it and are they "puggable" or will I need a dedicated PvE guild for this? I am currently in a pretty good PvE guild but we are still starting up and looking for more lvl50's so I have some time before raiding and am just wondering if hardmode flashpoints are puggable and easy, and if they are worth it, or if I should just wait it out till my guild is ready? Edited by Phurbies

Ok finish your class quest first and then head to Ilum to do that quest and pick up the dailies. Also head to Belsavis and do that bonus series and get dailies. This will give you daily commendations which allow you to buy epic level ear and implants for 120 daily commendations each.

Also do pvp, finish your daily and weekly. also 800 warzone commendations give you a champion bag (daily give 1, weekly give you 3 also). You ahve a 1/5 chance to get a champion pvp gear which is on par with the PVE tier 2 (Columi stuff).

For HM flashpoints, you can do HM Black talon very easy. HM false emperor is also doable. HM Boarding party is doable up to the last boss.

HM black talon is puggable. HM false emperor maybe ya.. you migth have some trouble with

HK-47 as his dot is nasty and kills people in 2 ticks

. HM black talon everything but last boss can be pugged.

PVP gear is actually better in most cases than PVE gear and you can get it quicker unless you have really really bad RNG.

By PUGs I mean people know what they doing and not in all greens.

This Talon FP must be the Imperial equivelant of the Essels. Let me tell you that the hard mode esseles is not puggable, the first boss in the first 5 minutes is a gear check already, if you are wearing all greens you will not be able to pull the dps to kill him before he enrages. next boss is also very hard and you need good dps otherwise he will enrage. we got him to 2-3% a few times before we gave up because repairing our gear was costing so much money.

This Talon FP must be the Imperial equivelant of the Essels. Let me tell you that the hard mode esseles is not puggable, the first boss in the first 5 minutes is a gear check already, if you are wearing all greens you will not be able to pull the dps to kill him before he enrages. next boss is also very hard and you need good dps otherwise he will enrage. we got him to 2-3% a few times before we gave up because repairing our gear was costing so much money.

Being cheap gets you nowhere.