2nd Anniversary Rewards are underwhelming

JimG

Up on today's News page is the following:

"We are excited to celebrate two years of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™! As our thanks to you, we’ll be rewarding all players with exclusive Scout Starfighter Paint Jobs and 25 stacks of faction-based fireworks on December 17, 2013."

That's extremely underwhelming. Considering the constant balancing act between what to permit for free for F2P players and giving subs reasons to stay subbed, it seems like BW would be better served by having a veteran rewards program for subs as opposed to only have these periodic minor rewards for everyone, regardless of length of time played. CoH had a pretty good veteran rewards program which had various benefits at every 3 months of sub time that got better and better the longer you subbed. I realize that this is just a reward for the anniversary of the game and not only for subs or based on length of time subbing, but it just highlights that some people have been subbing for 2 years now....and maybe they ought to think about throwing subs a bone in terms of some kind of veteran rewards program. Let's face it, not only are the subs actively contributing money to this game each month in terms of sub fees, but they are the ones spending most of the CM money too. F2P aren't spending any money and preferred people aren't even paying for a monthly sub so I doubt too many of them are the high spenders on the CM. It's not a make or break type of thing, but just seems like it would be good PR for a game that could use some PR.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like veterans rewards programs.

If they do let the difference between preferred and subscriber shrink too much, we will see unsubs. I just don't agree with the idea of a veteran's reward program. If 3.0 is sub exclusive that'd add more reason to sub.

Meh... don't care. I didn't expect anything.

Now, what I do expect as continued and improvements over the next year. So, cool. Thks for the fireworks and the paint job but... your time is better spent elsewhere.

Edited by Rafaman

Up on today's News page is the following:

"We are excited to celebrate two years of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™! As our thanks to you, we’ll be rewarding all players with exclusive Scout Starfighter Paint Jobs and 25 stacks of faction-based fireworks on December 17, 2013."

That's extremely underwhelming. Considering the constant balancing act between what to permit for free for F2P players and giving subs reasons to stay subbed

If you think Preferred is a better deal, go Preferred.

/thread

How dare Bioware try to give you free stuff that wasn't the exact free stuff that you wanted! They are a terrible evil company for giving away free stuff.

It's not that its bad that something is free, its that this is supposed to be a grand celebration of 2 yr's of the game and all they can think up is a frakin' ship paint job and fireworks. (both of which I will never use partly because I have no interest in the GSF. tried it, hated it, nor do I care about worthless firework emotes) That's ALL they could come up with. I could list plenty of things WAY better than that that people would enjoy, plus I would give people options between two things. I see NOTHING in this that is celebration worthy in what they have done here. It's like getting nothing but socks for Christmas dude. After reading what it was I was actually a bit shocked at how pathetic it was. No joke. But, I shouldn't be surprised. Last years "celebration" stuff was a sad joke as well.....

Edited by DarthVengeant

Fireworks... I didn't even use the ones from the first anniversary. :/

Paint jobs? Please! how about something more... Universal. Not everyone enjoys and plays gsf, come on! Everyone of us has mounts and outfits on our characters, though!

More crap to use up my inventory space. I still have original first anniversary fireworks also, and I couldn't give a monkey's fart about GSF.

It's not that its bad that something is free, its that this is supposed to be a grand celebration of 2 yr's of the game and all they can think up is a frakin' ship paint job and fireworks. (both of which I will never use partly because I have no interest in the GSF. tried it, hated it, nor do I care about worthless firework emotes) That's ALL they could come up with. I could list plenty of things WAY better than that that people would enjoy, plus I would give people options between two things. I see NOTHING in this that is celebration worthy in what they have done here. It's like getting nothing but socks for Christmas dude. After reading what it was I was actually a bit shocked at how pathetic it was. No joke. But, I shouldn't be surprised. Last years "celebration" stuff was a sad joke as well.....

Reread my post that you quoted.

It's not that its bad that something is free, its that this is supposed to be a grand celebration of 2 yr's of the game and all they can think up is a frakin' ship paint job and fireworks.

Who said it's supposed to be a grand celebration of two years of the game? :confused:

I love it that people wanted Cartel Coins as gifts for the 2nd anniversary.

Brings back summertime memories of people feeling "slapped in the face" for getting Cartel Coins as an appreciation gift and discussions about how acting like a complete cretin when someone gives you a gift you don't like is the "right and honest thing to do".

The SWTOR community...

The SWTOR community never changes.

I love it that people wanted Cartel Coins as gifts for the 2nd anniversary.

Brings back summertime memories of people feeling "slapped in the face" for getting Cartel Coins as an appreciation gift and discussions about how acting like a complete cretin when someone gives you a gift you don't like is the "right and honest thing to do".

The SWTOR community...

The SWTOR community never changes.

except that u could only buy you one or 2 major things at the most with the amt they gave us, so yes for the most part we've been getting slapped in the fact. this company doesn't know how to treat or how to talk to its customers.

More crap to use up my inventory space. I still have original first anniversary fireworks also, and I couldn't give a monkey's fart about GSF.

If you are bothered about the fireworks taking up space let them off or dump them out the side of your inventory. The paint job takes up no space.

I do agree however with those that say its nothing to get excited about and while I will be celebrating the 2 year anniversary it won't be aided by these items.

Well done Bioware for keeping the game going successfully in the face of much criticism but more thought needs to be given to your gifts and with how we can celebrate.

except that u could only buy you one or 2 major things at the most with the amt they gave us, so yes for the most part we've been getting slapped in the fact. this company doesn't know how to treat or how to talk to its customers.

Nice try, but it wasn't the amount of CC they gave us that was the problem.

It was the fact that they gave us CC instead of X (X = add personal preference here)

Nice try, but it wasn't the amount of CC they gave us that was the problem.

It was the fact that they gave us CC instead of X (X = add personal preference here)

tbh it was for a multitude of reasons, the amt of CC wasn't enough, some ppl claimed it was a lazy *** reward, it wasn't speeder + title or pet, etc.

it would have been better if they gave us triple the original amt so subbers could actually feel appreciated...

I don't think they are required to give anything else for their 2 year anniversary...

Hell, if you think about it, WE are the ones that should be giving THEM stuff since they have been providing us with this game service for 2 years and putting up with all our whining...

So... what are YOU giving bioware for your anniversary?

I don't think they are required to give anything else for their 2 year anniversary...

Hell, if you think about it, WE are the ones that should be giving THEM stuff since they have been providing us with this game service for 2 years and putting up with all our whining...

So... what are YOU giving bioware for your anniversary?

the criticisms I'm entitled to