3 Legitimate Classes Left

Humankeg

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, anything can be very good if you play it right.

On my Juggernaut (14/25/2) I can get 80-120K damage and about 45-60K protection per match. I make a great Huttball carrier and defender as well

Pretty much every class can be good; but when it comes down to it, people pick the best compositions and teams when they play at high levels.

Players that fight for rank one spots (like myself) do not necessarily play FOTM classes, but do not gimp themselves by playing the worst classes available. They tend to stick to comps that give them the biggest advantage.

the thing here is not which class is best right now, but which class everybody switch to after wetting their pants over the forums whinings

those 3 classes weren't nerfed or hit so hard, so everyone moved over to them cause they got scared and can't put their brains together to adapt to the new changes, give it some time, maybe a week or two, or maybe more, I can't tell for sure, and the thing will start to balance among classes again once a bunch of good players find the way to adapt to 1.2 changes and share their findings with the rest

you are way too impatient people

People gavitating in mass to a certain class is usually an indication of an op'd class. Its not always the case (like with Mercs/commandos pre patch) but still.

Has anyone mentioned to you that shadow is an assassin's mirror, less stylishly dressed?

I mention 3 classes with the hope that people will realize that each class includes mirrors for both factions.

I guess I was being too optomistic to think people would have enough brain cells to figure this one out.

If pvp is your thing then this is the wrong game for you. Class balance is the least of the problems when it comes to pvp.

Really disagree on this. Class balance is THE biggest issue right now, followed by no 8 man pm's, then stale (too few) wz's, stale/non-exsistant world pvp.

Really disagree on this. Class balance is THE biggest issue right now, followed by no 8 man pm's, then stale (too few) wz's, stale/non-exsistant world pvp.

Class balance is only second right now to gear balance. Pvp after 1.2 is way more gear dependent. This game just became gear over skill.

I went from being able to hold my own in full rakatta to hitting like a wet noodle and being completely steamrolled. I then threw on my mostly champ gear with just 2 peices of the new recruit gear to fill in gaps and it was even worse. If you arent in BM gear, don't even bother.

Utter nonsense.

The Best Players play the class that fits them the best, and they make the best teams with diversity. Annoying, min-maxers who read forums and guides and debate which ability is truely better (one does 500 damage over 4 seconds, one does 400 instantly... etc.) worry about "best classes to stack."

Edit: And I meant to add "And their hoards of wanna be elite min-maxer minions..."

This.

The ones who don't complain are the ones who choose the class that fits their playstyle and preference and they make it work for them. For example, I like to play heavy armor melee tanks. I would suck at playing DPS because I'm completely uninterested in playing DPS. I wouldn't utilise him nearly as effectively as someone who fits that playstyle more.

In every PVP game (and swtor is not a pvp game - it just has pvp), you ALWAYS see the most fotm classes get trashed by classes deemed too gimpy.

It's about learning your class and utilising it to its strengths rather than looking at its weakness and dwelling on it. That is why the Ducati 916 was always winning the superbike races even though every other bike was faster, more powerful, more technically advanced. The riders of the Ducati took it's one advantage (agility) and maximised on it.

Will you beat a highly skilled player playing a FOTM class head on? Probably not but you'll beat the vast majority of the rabble playing those classes if you're playing your class to your advantage over someone who is trying to button mash/face roll.

Edited by ounkeo

This.

The ones who don't complain are the ones who choose the class that fits their playstyle and preference and they make it work for them. For example, I like to play heavy armor melee tanks. I would suck at playing DPS because I'm completely uninterested in playing DPS. I wouldn't utilise him nearly as effectively as someone who fits that playstyle more.

In every PVP game (and swtor is not a pvp game - it just has pvp), you ALWAYS see the most fotm classes get trashed by classes deemed too gimpy.

It's about learning your class and utilising it to its strengths rather than looking at its weakness and dwelling on it. That is why the Ducati 916 was always winning the superbike races even though every other bike was faster, more powerful, more technically advanced. The riders of the Ducati took it's one advantage (agility) and maximised on it.

Will you beat a highly skilled player playing a FOTM class head on? Probably not but you'll beat the vast majority of the rabble playing those classes if you're playing your class to your advantage over someone who is trying to button mash/face roll.

And this is a good reason why you aren't good, will never compete for a high rank in any competitive gameplay, and why decent players will not think anything of your opinoin.

I am not trolling, nor insulting you, this is just simply fact.

If a class has twice the mitigation, twice the damage dealing capabilites, twice the healing, twice the CC, twice the mobility, ect ect, then how, please for the love of god, tell me how is the other class at all competitive with it? That's right, its not. because classes/specs are imbalanced, and playing the one that is currently better, means you have a better chance at winning.

Its just like in sports. You might have the best hands in the world and never drop a pass, run all your plays perfectly, and hustle on every play, and have a better skill set then anyone else; but if you run a 5.5 40, you are NEVER going to be an NFL player.

You wouldn't know or realize this, because you have yet to actually compete for anything.

I also have no idea why you think every fotm class gets trashed by the weakest classes in the game. The fact is, the best players (that are ranked the highest in games) play the best comps. They don't play the weakest specs/comps in game because they want to be competitive. It doesn't matter how good you are, if you face off against someone just as good as you, just as geared as you, it comes down to spec/class/comp. To argue against this is just simple denial, ignorance, or both.

The simple fact that you can't even follow along with what this thread is about just shows how clue less you are. "Will you beat a highly skilled player playing a FOTM class head on? Probably not but you'll beat the vast majority of the rabble playing those classes..." what the f is this? What on earth do you think I am talking about? Go back to my first post and re-read it to catch up on the thread. We are talking about the best players here, playing against the best players. Not the best players playing the worst classes, playing against the worst players in the world playing the best classes.

Do you really think I care about beating Joe Blow playing his marauder, if he is some dolt with an iq of 40 and the reflexes of someone with severe brain damage? No. I care about beating the players and teams that are considered the best. And the best always play specs/classes/comps to their advantage.

F f s man, stop being so dense.

Edited by Humankeg

Well I wasn't suggesting that it IS balanced , more that even if it was balanced....pvp still sucks.

Utter nonsense.

The Best Players play the class that fits them the best, and they make the best teams with diversity. Annoying, min-maxers who read forums and guides and debate which ability is truely better (one does 500 damage over 4 seconds, one does 400 instantly... etc.) worry about "best classes to stack."

Edit: And I meant to add "And their hoards of wanna be elite min-maxer minions..."

9/10 people with alts think you're being silly.

Class balance is much more broken now than it ever was before. Assassins, Marauders/Juggs and Operatives are the only classes worth playing until/unless they fix healing and damage output. Sorcs, mercenaries and snipers die pretty much instantly. Powertechs are a little bit better but not worth writing home about. Marauders and juggernauts just destroy now and assassins are the only class left with survivability. Operatives are much better overall thanks to the itemization and expertise changes as well as operative healing changes.

I mention 3 classes with the hope that people will realize that each class includes mirrors for both factions.

I guess I was being too optomistic to think people would have enough brain cells to figure this one out.

I do not play an assassin, maruader, nor ops healer... so no, they aren't in my sig.

Are voices in your head arguing again?

I wonder why they even still specify PVE PVP or different type of servers ... bottom line is that classes keep getting nerfed/buffed around pvp-qqing unbalancing pve badly.

Those nerfs buffs are the main reason I left WOW, same reason why i left RIFT and unless they balance PVE again, I will quit this game as well.

Speaking for Maras, the nice thing about the class is that its very much a situation of easy to learn, omgwtfpwnbbq difficult to master. There are a lot of average players leveling maras right now, my guess is they will go carnage (anni being tougher to learn) and do average dps.

A great player on an assasin or mara right now is a whirlwind of death.

On the flip side, ranged dps still crush melee in PVE. The amount of extra damage taken in most encouters doesn't even begin to offset the additional dps from having a couple of maras instead of mercs or sorcs....

Speaking for Maras, the nice thing about the class is that its very much a situation of easy to learn, omgwtfpwnbbq difficult to master. There are a lot of average players leveling maras right now, my guess is they will go carnage (anni being tougher to learn) and do average dps.

A great player on an assasin or mara right now is a whirlwind of death.

On the flip side, ranged dps still crush melee in PVE. The amount of extra damage taken in most encouters doesn't even begin to offset the additional dps from having a couple of maras instead of mercs or sorcs....

And gunslingers! Dont forget about gunslingers!! :d_frown:

Edited by JoyProtocol

Oh please stop lumping all Shadows/Assassins with tankasins who wear dps armor. Another nerf is NOT what we need.

On topic, every class is viable if you take the time to learn it (With the possible exception of snipers/gunslingers).

Edited by SWFTW

Oh please stop lumping all Shadows/Assassins with tankasins who wear dps armor. Another nerf is NOT what we need.

On topic, every class is viable if you take the time to learn it (With the possible exception of snipers/gunslingers).

Yes, a nerf is needed. Good damage, great survivability, good utility. And seeing as they are one of the 3 top classes right now (those 3 being by a wide margin) they really do need a nerf, or the other 5 classes need to be buffed, doesn't really matter.

Have no idea what point you were trying to make by asking "not to lump all shadows/assassins with tankasins who wear dps armor". An Assassin/shadow is still a shadow/assassin no matter what spec they choose or gear they wear.

He thought the fresh-off-Tython Shadow in your sig gave you a vested interest in the subject matter.

Ah, that makes sense. Would hardly even count a toon that has 4 hours played on it, but w/e. Thanks

Edited by Humankeg

Yes, a nerf is needed. Good damage, great survivability, good utility. And seeing as they are one of the 3 top classes right now (those 3 being by a wide margin) they really do need a nerf, or the other 5 classes need to be buffed, doesn't really matter.

Have no idea what point you were trying to make by asking "not to lump all shadows/assassins with tankasins who wear dps armor". An Assassin/shadow is still a shadow/assassin no matter what spec they choose or gear they wear.

Ah, that makes sense. Would hardly even count a toon that has 4 hours played on it, but w/e. Thanks

And you clearly have played all 3 specs to 50 and raided and PvPed extensively with all right? Good to know. I've played my Deception Sin since launch. Since this may have slipped your memory, why don't I give you a history lesson? At launch, Deception Sins had the worst survivability in the game and Darkness Sins had the best. People complained about the survivability of Darkness Sins. What did BW do? They nerfed Assassin survivability across the board.

Then what happened? Madness and Deception Sins adapted, and despite being weakened in PvP, by learning our class better, we were able to hold our own. Darkness Sins then, started to swap out mods in their PvP gear and put in dps mods. So then a small portion of ONE spec of ONE advanced class became OP. What are you asking? Another across the board nerf.

Please, STOP generalizing and PLAY THE CLASS before calling for unwanted nerfs.

Edited by SWFTW

Tankassasins, PT Pyro's and Maras are the dominant classes right now. Agents, Sorcs, Mercs and Jugg's can't compare. Not only are these classes able to outburst and outdps the other five, they all have more survivablilty skills. There's obviously a difference between the three OP AC's right now (pyro's have more burst but less survivability, sins have more survivability but less burst, and maras fall in between), but I'm not sure how someone playing this game can't see these huge disparities.

The real problem is the fact that there's currently three OP classes, with Pyro's having already received a "nerf" (which did nearly nothing to their overall capability, which any person testing the patch could have seen), tank sin's have remained virtually untouched, and mara's have actually been BUFFED. Classic Mythic.

Tankassasins, PT Pyro's and Maras are the dominant classes right now. Agents, Sorcs, Mercs and Jugg's can't compare. Not only are these classes able to outburst and outdps the other five, they all have more survivablilty skills. There's obviously a difference between the three OP AC's right now (pyro's have more burst but less survivability, sins have more survivability but less burst, and maras fall in between), but I'm not sure how someone playing this game can't see these huge disparities.

The real problem is the fact that there's currently three OP classes, with Pyro's having already received a "nerf" (which did nearly nothing to their overall capability, which any person testing the patch could have seen), tank sin's have remained virtually untouched, and mara's have actually been BUFFED. Classic Mythic.

Thank you sir, for getting your facts straight and not generalizing.

I have to wonder how much of this belly aching is due to being killed in PVP. Because most of the complainers, saying that X class is useless, and Y class needs a buff, would likely simmer down if they actually raided. News flash people. PVP is not the only aspect of this game. Assassin's aren't all that awesome in raids and such, an example, Deception Assassins? Bottom of the DPS barrel for PVE, but awesome for PVP with burst. That's not to say they're terrible in raids. No, not in the least, as if you're good. You can excel, search for information on your class, learn. It's what most of the better players do.

I wonder why they even still specify PVE PVP or different type of servers ... bottom line is that classes keep getting nerfed/buffed around pvp-qqing unbalancing pve badly.

Those nerfs buffs are the main reason I left WOW, same reason why i left RIFT and unless they balance PVE again, I will quit this game as well.

Same here, this is stupid that game developers are so incompetent now that they cant even do what was done in EQ1. Make abilities work differently on players and MOBs. Instead they screw over those that dont care about PvP to satisfy those that only care about PvP, but never the other way around.

Edited by LexiCazam
IC/old post