Should Explosive Conflict be nerfed?

I've never actually found someone asking for EC SM, HM or NiM, since it's lvl 50. I'd love to do it but I can't PuG it and my guild can only clear KP SM, not even EV. :/ Anyone doing the classic ops weekly will just turn to KP for half the challege.

I have no idea what anyone's meant to do about it though. :/

• 3 weeks later...

Explosive Conflict should be totally removed from the game. As it stands, it is an op that is planted between Karagga's palace and SnV that is impossible to recruit for or takes 2 - 3 hours to populate a 16M HM run. I have tried this 4 times and all have ended in disaster. That recruitment process has got me added to over 100 peeps ignore list which now makes doing flashpoints all that much harder for me as new flashpoints are introduced. Few guilds run this op due to the mechanics involved with each boss and most fleet members logged at the time of my population attempt tell me to stop filling their chat window up with a useless op...The devs can go back and check the chat logs and verify this process...While you are at it...please inform those members that have ignored me, that I was only trying to get an achievement done and was not spamming the chat window trying to form these groups. I do like TACeMossie's idea. Give the elite players a reason to go back and want to run the op so the new players can try to learn it. It is boxed in between easy comms runs(EV/KP) and gear runs(SnV)...Unbox it and incentivize it.

Khever...I got added to that many ignore lists because they got tired of me asking for help in the op for 3 days straight...Supposedly...LFG repeatedly for 3 hours each time I tried (3 times per day) over 3 days to finally get a pug together to complete the op is what so many people actually found annoying. They never offered to help and decided that chastising me was the better option. I submitted a harassment report to BW and am hopeful that something will come of it...Nobody should have to endure that amount of player harassment simply because they are trying to populate an ops grp to work a vehicle quest or achievement!!!

Edited by CoffmansA
Update with other recommendation

... That recruitment process has got me added to over 100 peeps ignore list ...

I'm positive that there is more to this story that you're not telling us.

You don't get added to 100 ignore lists simply by trying to put together a pug operation. I can think of any number of reasons why you may have ended up on that many ignore lists.

You need to take a hard look at what needs to be remedied in yourself as a player before asking for the game to be changed.

Edited by Khevar

Why would you nerf an op that already is easy enough. It was designed for operationgroups pre makeb addon. SM8 can be two manned, Hm8 can be four manned. For NM you need 6 ppl. Honestly if its too hard you'll fail at any other operation. A little tactic knowledge + know how to play your class is enough to get through that operation. The 16 man versions of EC are even more easy. Except for tactics you dont have to do anything else, auto shots are enough. What else you want? If you want to fight dummies hop on your ship and do it there but not in an operation.

The second boss always was a problem for pug raids, but not because it is hard, because ppl dont want to listen to tactics bc they dont care or they are just bad players. You know how many pug raids wipe on Asation 3, boss because ppl dont know what to do even when 5 min earlier it was explained in detail. THEY DONT LISTEN. For Example : Ok "Insertnamehere" ou gonna press the button" Player :" Who gotta press the button?" "You!" Player:" Oh ok"... 5mins later infight player fails pressing the button.

What you are basically asking for is nerfing all sm raids to the ground so that they are more dummies than bosses, because pug raids are too bad to follow tactics. That woulld be a poor choice. We dont want a "hello kitty" difficulty. Sm already is boring enough for any Operation so that i can cook and eat and watch tv while running them. Pug raids are never challenged, and thats the real problem. For most bosses you dont have to listen to the tactics and you can brainafk for the whole fight. Most pugs are used to this so they play bad because it is enough for those sm operations. Increasing the difficulty of the Sm raids would challenge the pugs so that they either have to learn how 2 play or they dont go into that operation. I hear often from pugs how hard their EC Sm raids were the other night, and how the failed at the 2 boss. It kinda makes me sad, that persons still wipe on bosses that they outlvl and outgear but can beat those bc they never had to learn how 2 play for operations bc they are so damn easy.

An a discussion about this with a really smart and experienced player in my guild. He made the argument that old content should be accessible to players and therefore should be nerfed to be easier for casuals. As a raiding guild HM EC seems like a joke, but he said many would enjoy a slightly scaled up version of EC SM so that it is HM. This gives more content to the average player and in reality any progression raider at 55 is not playing this stuff anyway.

Keeping it current or nerfing is not going to make me and my guild run EC or old raids more. Instead I would like to see drop rates on rare mounts increased with no nerf. So the Praxons for EC HM would be guaranteed and maybe a guaranteed NiM Titan mount off Styrak. I think these mounts should still be relatively rare, but considering that the NiM tiers are still pretty hard for most players and would require time taken away from current raids it would make guilds more likely to run this old content, which is pretty much good for everyone except those who already have these rare speeders. As much as I want a Praxon Bloodline there is no way I'm going to grind EC HM 50 times for a rare drop instead of banging my head against NiM Brontes or hopping on the PTS for NiM DP. It also seems like Bioware is a little bipolar on this with some mounts being guaranteed drops: NiM Brontes mount, Firaxa, while others are rare drops: pyroclast, tank, Titan, Helix, Korrealis off the new FPS.