Petition to separate Hard Mode and Nightmare Mode Lockouts

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bioware (in this thread) has already said this is a priority for them. Why are there still so many "agreed / signed" bumps after their post?

If you think that means anything will be done, let me know when you hit lvl 25 on your first toon. Ill buy you a mount.

Hi guys,

This is already a priority for us, but I can't promise a date yet. The Nightmare Mode system was originally built on the back of Hard Mode, which is why they share a lockout. It's a technical consequence of that fact, not a philosophical thing on our part.

Even better, lockout the rewards, but not the content.

Let me run 7 HM TFBs in a week on my healer if I want. Just let me get the good rewards only once. That way I don't ever have to say, "I can't bring my tanker, because they already did it this week."

If I want to help my guild run an Op, let me.

Lock rewards. Never, never, never lock content.

Even better, lockout the rewards, but not the content.

Let me run 7 HM TFBs in a week on my healer if I want. Just let me get the good rewards only once. That way I don't ever have to say, "I can't bring my tanker, because they already did it this week."

If I want to help my guild run an Op, let me.

Lock rewards. Never, never, never lock content.

This is a good idea, but I'm simply afraid they won't see it or care enough. It also requires a lot more work than simply seperating the lockouts. It's a good goal, for sure, but I don't see it happening in the near future.

That said, I do agree.

This is a good idea, but I'm simply afraid they won't see it or care enough. It also requires a lot more work than simply seperating the lockouts. It's a good goal, for sure, but I don't see it happening in the near future.

That said, I do agree.

Definitely shouldn't be overly complex to add in, no? We're locked out of daily rewards after one run on GF, but we're still free to use it to run additional FPs.

Definitely shouldn't be overly complex to add in, no? We're locked out of daily rewards after one run on GF, but we're still free to use it to run additional FPs.

I think the problem is that in Ops the loot drops off enemies. I doubt they have a method of locking individuals out of loot drops that way.

They might have something they could rig together; the new Tauntaun mini-game has an interesting way of delivering its reward.

I DECLINE. You do not need Hard mode and Nightmare Mode seperated, it's perfectly fine as it is.

Compare to a certain Massively multiplayer Online Role-playing Game (World of Warcraft) Owned by Blizzard Entertainment

WoW share same kind of lock out for their raid dungeons with normal/heroic 10man & 25man. Big difference is...

WoW: you got a decision of either 10man normal/heroic mode or 25man normal/heroic mode.

SWTOR: Story mode is seperated from Hardmode/NightMare mode because SWTOR has 3 Level and 2 of them high levels separated from that 1 low level.

^ WOW use to have similar lock out where u were able to do both 10man & 25man (either mode) back in Wrath of the Lich King.

Edited by Phelnis

Compare to a certain Massively multiplayer Online Role-playing Game (World of Warcraft) Owned by Blizzard Entertainment

And that's were you lost the credability.

Don't come to this forum and try to argue with "WoW does it like this"

Most do not care how these things are handeled in WoW.

Honestly, my personal choice would be for the change of 16m and 8m being seperated, then followed up with the HM/NiM change.

Do not know how many times I got screwed with a not complete 16m HM, only to be locked from doing it with 7 other competant players.

Just a thought, but yeah this would be nice.

And that's were you lost the credability.

Don't come to this forum and try to argue with "WoW does it like this"

Most do not care how these things are handeled in WoW.

Completely agree with you there... and they do need separate lockouts... Big guilds can actually teach hm fights instead of no your going right into NiM because we are progression... and HM are just fun after you get used to them they are the new sm where as NiM is actually a challenge and if you have something that's a challenge compared to something that most progression guilds farm its like why not skip the bosses you cant beat by using hm then go to the other NiM fights so we can farm up some 75s on easy fights like kephess

/Signed

• 2 weeks later...