Remove the rakghoul plague now

Sure, there is a 'free' cure - if your character can get to Tatooine to get it. What I don't appreciate are the players who are traveling to starter worlds and infecting new characters who have neither 2000 creds nor a way to the free cure (remember, not every low level character is an alt). That is just being a jerk.

If you want to infect people, at least choose ones who can get the cure. That's not QQ, that's common decency.

Oh awesome, I never thought of that! Off to tython!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad that the game was made completely for the OP, and it is all about him and his narrow mindedness....

I was just listening a podcast that was talking about this, and how gamers and there narrow mindedness is at the very least annoying to everyone....

Seriously people need realize that just because YOU don't like it, it doesn't speak for everyone, and your whining crybaby I'm gonna quit....is no better than a child having a temper tantrum...really think about what you people are doing....

Aren't you being just as narrow minded?

think about it

You get the stims free if you go to tatooine and just do the quest in the Dune Sea.

this.

oh grow a pair!

its not like that horrid zombie event in wow. Everything about this event is just fun. got some fun dailies for all levels and virulent plague that has to be stopped. The serum lets you avoid it if u dont want it. Enjoy it while it lasts

Definitely this!

compared to the last few days of wrath invasion, this is minor. you at least can run over to tatooine and do a quest chain and get immunized. during the wrath event I literally avoided the major cities for days. there was no option to do a quest to stop it...there wasn't even a vaccine available for any cost. you just had to accept that you would get ganked every 6 meters by a horde of undead.

Edited by Elyx

Quarentine Zone was an abomination.... Maybe it's about time bioware realised they're developing for a Star Wars game not WOW or some piss poor zombie BS rip-off title. Rubbish quest and for a first content update??

I bet the devs play WOW constantly just because they're so bereft of any actual Star Wars knoweledge or ideas/input.

Hey do remember that bit in the movies with all the zombies and aliens affecting people with a disease?? no I don't either.... the only infection here is the disease that BW are pushing on Star Wars fans.

Have you even DONE Taris yet?

The Rakghoul plague is straight out of KoTOR and not only canon, but long-standing canon at that. Heck, Troopers-

Have to deal with a weaponized strain of the stuff during their class quests

Do the world quests. It's not just "LOL, ZOMBIE PLAGUE"!

It does not matter whether you think it's intentional or not. It is simply a matter of courtesy to ensure that the other people actually want to participate in that aspect of the game or world event that way everyone is enjoying themselves and having fun instead of just you having fun at their expense.

How is it at anyone's expense? There's no penalty for dying from it. In fact you are REWARDED. You can rez on the spot, and the disease is gone. The impact its going to have on you if you choose to ignore it is trivial at best.

So they 'splode, then go sell the DNA and then they can afford many vaccines. I don't see the problem? It's easy free creds for new players and introduces them to the fact that events that impact normal gameplay happen.

What solo PvE is available on the Fleet? If you want to avoid it, then go participate in the game, not standign in a social hub that you know is going to gather people together to infect each other for currency.

Social Hubs are considered Safe Zones; not for PvP Griefing, or at least that was the reason they are considered safe.....

My PvE Missions were to select AC, Crew Skills, and to catch a shuttle. I skipped the one asking for Social Pts again; wonder why.

It does not matter whether you think it's intentional or not. It is simply a matter of courtesy to ensure that the other people actually want to participate in that aspect of the game or world event that way everyone is enjoying themselves and having fun instead of just you having fun at their expense.
Are you serious? This is a multiplayer game. You're playing with other people. It should be understood that your game play is going to be impacted by what others do. If you thought otherwise, you're in the wrong game.

Are you serious? This is a multiplayer game. You're playing with other people. It should be understood that your game play is going to be impacted by what others do. If you thought otherwise, you're in the wrong game.

Is this on PvE servers too? I could see this being an issue there but if you are on PvP that is your own fault.

Quarentine Zone was an abomination.... Maybe it's about time bioware realised they're developing for a Star Wars game not WOW or some piss poor zombie BS rip-off title. Rubbish quest and for a first content update??

I bet the devs play WOW constantly just because they're so bereft of any actual Star Wars knoweledge or ideas/input.

Hey do remember that bit in the movies with all the zombies and aliens affecting people with a disease?? no I don't either.... the only infection here is the disease that BW are pushing on Star Wars fans.

You are not much of a SW fan if you aren't familiar with rakghouls.

The impact its going to have on you if you choose to ignore it is trivial at best.

Well, to be honest, it'll stun you 2-5 times before killing you. and it might happen in worst possible moment.

That being said, if someone would quit game because of it - good riddance I say. He would quit next week for lack of rainbow lightsabers anyway.

When I saw this in game I had to check forums and see if people were complaining that Bioware was adding a litte variety to a universe most complain is too boring.

Thanks for not letting me down!

Frankly I hope this is a sign of many more similar random events they have planned. WoW seems to only be able to do these types of events during/before a major expansion. Hopefully we see something similar from SWTOR every few weeks though that is probably too much to expect.

It wouldn't if it were part of the server Environment; not some other Player detonating themselves as a terrorist to Grief others.
It is part of the server environment. It's part of the game. People are being infected and instructed to seek out and infect others.

Have you even DONE Taris yet?

The Rakghoul plague is straight out of KoTOR and not only canon, but long-standing canon at that. Heck, Troopers-

Have to deal with a weaponized strain of the stuff during their class quests

Do the world quests. It's not just "LOL, ZOMBIE PLAGUE"!

Came WAY before Wrath too. but most of those ******es never even played kotor.

Social Hubs are considered Safe Zones; not for PvP Griefing, or at least that was the reason they are considered safe.....

My PvE Missions were to select AC, Crew Skills, and to catch a shuttle. I skipped the one asking for Social Pts again; wonder why.

Are you that crazy old ALONE cat lady that didnt let us PLAY when we were KIDS? Newsflash, the world even wasnt made just for you. If you dont like it LOGOFF. you and all the other trolls. I ve had enough of you. Again if you dont like it dont play it.

Well, to be honest, it'll stun you 2-5 times before killing you. and it might happen in worst possible moment.

That being said, if someone would quit game because of it - good riddance I say. He would quit next week for lack of rainbow lightsabers anyway.

Will keep this in mind when others complain of Ship Combat, End Game content, rule changes, or anything else. MMO; where only one opinion matters....

To those QQ about this, answer me one question:

What real harm is it causing you?

You die...NO RES PENALTY...get some tokens that can sell for a substantial sum...and carry on.

One of you QQrs please explain where the problem is.

I load into the Fleet, and a whole bunch of people are standing at the load in spot, infecting everyone, who goes to the Fleet, and it cost 2k for the stim, to remove it for 6 hours. If this is a joke, it isn't funny, and its a little late, from april fools day.

I will not be paying, to play a game, that forces stupid stuff like this on players.

Please remove this, if you want to continue to have me, as a customer.

Some like it, but i think its completely out of line.

Stop being a baby, it's a world event and is fun and awesome.