*Spoiler* Jedi Knight Story

Antillian_

You guys don't really think the Emperor's dead do you?

I mean, I like the whole idea that MY character was strong enough to be able to defeat him, but even Revan and The Exile couldn't take him down, so, I'm a bit skeptical.

I heard a rumor about some sort of e-mail you get at the end of the Warrior storyline saying he's alive, but other than that, nothing.

Any thoughts?

I get the feeling he is now a sith spirit thats probably strong enough to possess the body of a force sensitive.

Is he dead? yes.

Is he permanently gone? no

If you play the Sith Warrior story you are told that the Emperor's Voice has been silenced. (Whom we can assume is our Jedi Knight who has successfully slain him.) Unfortunately for the Jedi Knight he doesn't know that the Emperor no longer resides in the known galaxy anymore and has not been in the known galaxy since the Treaty of Coruscant.

Playing the Warrior story the Emperor's Hand a group of Force users who carry out the Emperor's will and help the Emepror's Wrath send you several messages about the Emperor's Voice making a steady recovery and that we should expect to see his return soon.

Edited by TalkingDinosaur

even Revan and The Exile couldn't take him down

Man, haven't you been paying attention? Revan is a putz. She saved the Republic and restored the Jedi's good name! No, wait, actually KotOR II starts with the Republic in shambles and everyone hating and distrusting the Jedi regardless of Revan's alignment. She was instrumental in curing the rakghoul plague! No, wait, actually the cure was lost and in fact the plague has spread off-world by SWTOR's time. She routed Korriban and brought down the Sith! No, wait, the Sith took it right back without a fight. She united the Mandalorians under Canderous to fight the new Empire rising beyond the Outer Rim! No, wait, they allied with the Empire instead. She saved those outcasts on the surface of Taris! No, wait, actually they all died horrible deaths from inbreeding and radiation poisoning. She sent the Exile back to Coruscant to break the old Council and create a new Jedi Order free of fear and tradition and strong enough to tackle the True Sith! No, wait, the Exile just hared out of the galaxy after her and the other Jedi went right back to business-as-usual until the Empire kicked their robed rumps back to Tython.

And don't even get me started on that whole Taral V/Foundry clusterflip.

The lesson of SWTOR and, to some degree, KotOR II, is that everything Revan touches turns to fail. That Revan couldn't manage to kill the Emperor doesn't mean anything, one wouldn't expect Revan to succeed in this continuity any more than one would expect a goldfish to wake up one morning and make a new Kessel Run record.

(But yeah, the Knight failed too, the Emperor's still out there, which... on the one hand, ok, that's probably fair, you don't want to give one storyline that kind of primacy over the other three, but on the other hand, don't set your players up to fail. If you're not going to let them do it, don't tell them they can and have, just write a different end boss and a victory you're willing to actually give them.)

I don't think we can know at this point. The emperor can occupy bodies other than his own, so even with his body dead, there's the potential for him to occupy another 'voice.' All we really know is that something of him still exists, but not what or how. Me, I think we'll see the emperor again and that his wrath will likely take him out this time.

PS. The emperor is the most powerful being in the galaxy so to me it's a very good thing that the knight couldn't destroy him entirely, especially given that previous heros failed to do so. That would make the knight just too awesome. The emperor is a bit like the devil, storywise. He can be defeated, but I'll be surprised if he's ever destroyed. I think he'll always be out there somewhere, hanging over the heads of everyone on both sides like impending doom.

Edited by errant_knight

Playing the Warrior story the Emperor's Hand a group of Force users who carry out the Emperor's will and help the Emepror's Wrath send you several messages about the Emperor's Voice making a steady recovery and that we should expect to see his return soon.

Because there's no way a cult of fanatics would deny that their god was just killed by an "inferior being". Why, that would just be absurd!

Yeah, we can't know it it's true or not. However, Kira feels his presence and we're told that his body died but he survived. If they were just lying, why tell you that his body died at all? I'm pretty sure that he's alive and next time we see him, it will be in a different, more powerful body.