Help - Not sure where to post this

jedimurtha

Hello, I am having issues with my Jedi defeating Valis at the abandoned mining facility. I have tried many times with different methods and still cannot beat this character.

Is there any player with a high level Jedi characterthan can help me beat Valis?

Please let me know.

Thank you.

Hello, I am having issues with my Jedi defeating Valis at the abandoned mining facility. I have tried many times with different methods and still cannot beat this character.

Is there any player with a high level Jedi characterthan can help me beat Valis?

Please let me know.

Thank you.

1. Force Stasis is your friend, use it wisely

2. It's possible to "cheat" and swap Kira out for T7 just before the fight starts. Timing is everything though.

3. Try and position your back against a wall so he doesn't throw you 40m away.

4. Use your Heroic moment.

1. Force Stasis is your friend, use it wisely

2. It's possible to "cheat" and swap Kira out for T7 just before the fight starts. Timing is everything though.

3. Try and position your back against a wall so he doesn't throw you 40m away.

4. Use your Heroic moment.

Thank you Ashla. I have read the posts here and other websites with the same kind of advice. I have tried this without any success. The cool downs seem to be too long, and I can't seem to come close to doing enough damage to Visla. At this point I have invested more time on this part of the game than I would consider reasonable, in my opinion. I am just looking for some help, defeat this character and move on.

I have only been playing this game for a short while, and this is my first MMO game and I am only playing because I am a huge Star Wars fan. I had hoped they were going to do a console or non-MMO version of this game but no luck.

Thank you Ashla. I have read the posts here and other websites with the same kind of advice. I have tried this without any success. The cool downs seem to be too long, and I can't seem to come close to doing enough damage to Visla. At this point I have invested more time on this part of the game than I would consider reasonable, in my opinion. I am just looking for some help, defeat this character and move on.

I have only been playing this game for a short while, and this is my first MMO game and I am only playing because I am a huge Star Wars fan. I had hoped they were going to do a console or non-MMO version of this game but no luck.

I do sympathize with you that boss is tough, but interrupt is your friend as well. Especially with casting abilities he uses. However, hoping that their will be a single player version and console version of this game is waste of time because it won't happen.

I do sympathize with you that boss is tough, but interrupt is your friend as well. Especially with casting abilities he uses. However, hoping that their will be a single player version and console version of this game is waste of time because it won't happen.

I agree that it is there is no hope in a single player version of the game, which is why I am hoping someone is willing to help me out, it won't take a lot of time if someone is willing.

well, the fights are designed to allow you to learn the mechanics of the game. however, since you're basically saying that you've given up on that and just want to clear the encounter, letting us know which server you're on would be a start. didn't see the info... although i might have missed it. reading on a mobile screen does thjat sometimes

All of the above helps also:

1. Make sure your gear is completly up to date for you and your companion.

2. Make sure you have items in the slots for both Implants, earpeices and relics as these are not common drops so people tend to run about without up to date items in this slot. There are LS vendors on the fleet that sell relics and the others can be bought from GTN.

3.You can send your companion in first so that they grab the hits from Valis even if they end up fainting.

4. All else fails try running some level appropriate Heroics or flashpoints to gain a few levels.

It is so easy - bring a friend (no mater the class - if JK again both need to enable same class phase) with melee companion (ads die only from base melee attack - so friend has to kill them with base melee attack or has to turn all other on companion off & use it to kill them) that would kill ads ASAP.

Rest - interrupts ... don't remember exact cast that one-shots (it is tied with ads staying live long) but it is mandatory to interrupt.

Edited by morfius

Use interrupts, use force stasis as an interrupt, use force leap as an interrupt (back up and leap if he is channeling lightening). You will neuter him then.

I went into with mine fully 2 levels ahead and got smacked down about 5 times....until I looked around and found out how to use the interrupt. If you stop his big attacks, he doesn't bring a whole lot of pain.

And if you can't interrupt, pop your barrier. Hope this helps :) it can be a tough fight

...and if you happen to be on the Progenitor server, I've got a high level scoundrel who can keep you healed up while you fight...

Edited by chasinginfinity

I had similar problems.

I kind of fixed them by self-crafting Jedi armor especially for Kira up to the best point I could do (blue, even purple), and getting her a new, much better weapon.

I updated my Jedi's gear in a similar way, too (buying newest modifications from planetary commendations).

Edit : As mentioned before, the "Heroic Moment" is a very good tool as well.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Gave up? Maybe. I just don't have a ton of time to play the game, not as much as I'd like anyway. If I am paying to play, and only have a few hours to spare to play, I'd like to advance my characters in the story. My characters is level 25 or 26 and believe I have decent equipment.

Anyway, I do appreciate the offers. I am on the Harbinger server.

Edited by jedimurtha

Gave up? Maybe. I just don't have a ton of time to play the game, not as much as I'd like anyway. If I am paying to play, and only have a few hours to spare to play, I'd like to advance my characters in the story. My characters is level 25 or 26 and believe I have decent equipment.

Anyway, I do appreciate the offers. I am on the Harbinger server.

I've been there with my first Inquisitor. No amount of times of broadcasting over General for help seemed to get any response, couldn't get any of my friends to help me because they weren't the same level as me and was pretty much just stuck. I wound up just having to roll another character of a different class and played them for a while. It took a while before I was able to go back but in the few weeks I spent playing that other character, I got to know the system a bit more and legacy buffs had a chance to kick in enough to give me that little teeny, tiny extra boost I needed to be able to go back, respec'd my character, fixed her gear, and finally finish that fight that was kicking my butt to the point that I've been able to solo 2 more inquisitors all the way to 55 afterwards with absolutely no problems whatsoever.

Alternately, you could always go and run some heroics, FPs or even volunteer for getting beat up a few times in PvP because even if you don't finish any of it, you still gain XP so, even if you still don't run into someone willing to help you, you can still level up after time and that could help as well. I'd offer to help myself even but I'm on a different server.

In other words, just work on the tinier bites for a bit and keep plugging at something- anything because the good part of MMO's is that things can, will, and do change even if it's just one hour of play at a time. GL.

It is possible. There are plenty of videos on YouTube that show you a level 24 beating Valis with Kira, although she usually dies. Just make sure to have your stims and heal packs. You might even consider the crafted ones available from the GTN.

I know I've done it, as I have 2 50+ Knights, but I don't remember having a difficult time of it. Then again, I am ALWAYS over leveled.

It is possible. There are plenty of videos on YouTube that show you a level 24 beating Valis with Kira, although she usually dies. Just make sure to have your stims and heal packs. You might even consider the crafted ones available from the GTN.

I know I've done it, as I have 2 50+ Knights, but I don't remember having a difficult time of it. Then again, I am ALWAYS over leveled.

Sounds like someone that can help with one of their 50+ Knights. :)

What time are you usually on? I am on the Harbinger too. And I will bring my Guardian 55 to help you if that is what you want. But I live in Australia so I base my times on that.

Thank you. I am in Canada and Sydney is 16 hours ahead of me. Please PM me, I am sure we can find a time that would work for both of us.

He smashed me on my first try..... as others have said try and ensure your (and Kira's) gear is up to date. Send Kira in first, then force leap after her. As soon as he tries casting force lightning, use force kick (~interrupt~) then if/when he does force lightning again, use force stasis.