Gearing up for PvP in this game is really bad.

spectreclees

Let's be honest, gearing up for pvp in this game is bad. I'm recently coming back and can't stand how hard it is to grind out the gear. First BM, then War Hero then E War Hero Weapons. You need over 30k commendations to get yourself close to fully geared. That's a huge grind for anyone trying to gear up their character and then after they do that getting gear for another spec if they want to try something else. Something needs to be done about the grind, it didn't work in Warhammer. It won't work here.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh, brings me back to old times where you had to gather 4-7 people to make a party, and hack n slash mobs for 3 hours just to get rec for item, then 6 hours of slashing to get special mats to make few of those items, then scavenging on market for cheap matts or more grind for 'normal materials', and in the end, only 60% chance of success :)

not complaining, it just makes me giggle when people are saying it's long and hard here....

Heh, brings me back to old times where you had to gather 4-7 people to make a party, and hack n slash mobs for 3 hours just to get rec for item, then 6 hours of slashing to get special mats to make few of those items, then scavenging on market for cheap matts or more grind for 'normal materials', and in the end, only 60% chance of success :)

not complaining, it just makes me giggle when people are saying it's long and hard here....

Times have changed, by now not every MMO player has no life beside playing the game. Today there are quite a few very casual gamers who would like to get the gear too, so that they can enjoy the game.

Recruit 2 armour is free and certainly makes you competitive. You'll have full BM gear within a couple of weeks and know the crazy people at BW have made augmenting easier than stealing candy from a baby..who is asleep...and not actually holding the candy, you can have fully augmented BM gear within 3-4 weeks so long as you hit your dailes and weekly's.

How easy do you guys want it to be?

This is one of the easiest games to gear up from any aspect really. Very easy in fact, all you need is time.

Time is the issue for a lot of players including myself. After months of grinding for gear I only have a few pieces of WH. AS WITH EVERYTHING IN LIFE THE ONES THAT HAVE THE TIME TO SPEND ON SOMETHING WILL ALWAYS BE AHEAD OF THOSE WHO HAVE LIMITED TIME.. Just a fact of life.... Not a big deal for me I just keep grinding and get what I can when I can.... I just enjoy the game and always have a blast when I get to play... Yes I wish I could get gear faster so I can do better in PvP, but it is what it is and you should not be QQing about getting gear if you , like myself, have limited time... That is all.....

Bioware have alredy pushed away most pvp players, fact. I'm one of those who first lvl up a commando

But it became clear the commando dps would for always be garbage for competetive dualing,because

bioware fails at class balance, so i deleted my warhero commando and moved on, and for anyone

wanting to lvl up a new main it's just to painful donig it all over again.So now i just play for the stories etc.

But dont worry OP, in a year when the game is down to 1 global server they will remove expertise and the grind

in a patetic atemt to save the game.Of course trying to save a game will never work no matter how good pvp

becomes later, just look at AoC.

I have full war hero aug'd and itemized I'm casual and don't spend anymore Than 2-4 hrs per day playing

It's not hard and let's be honest if you don't have at least 2 hrs a day to play then this type of mmo probably don't fit your Lifestyle and gw2 would be your best bet in fulfilling your need for instant gratification

Gearing up becomes more easy than it used to be (grrr, Champion/BM boxes). Now you practically get a free almost BM grade gear once you hit 50. Which makes you viable against the BM geared people and most of the half WH/BM players. Definitely not going to win on equal skill ground, but there are so many bad PvPers in full WH, that sometimes I wonder why people complain. Even the baddies get geared up decently fast.

Its not so bad compared to some other games. AION comes to mind. Where you have to PVE...to get your PvP gear. And in Open PvP you get severe penalties and diminishing returns if you are high rank and try to (gulp) actually PvP to get points for the PvP gear. The time you spend getting 1 piece in Aion is comparable to a full set of BM. Heck I could even compare it to a half WH set.

Sounds like a lot of players are just lazy with the "give me give me give me everythign i want to be on par with the peopel who spent months obtaining and modding and tailoring their gear but wahhhhh this guy beat me who put all this hard work in its not fair BW you suck im going to GW2".

Does make me chuckle.

I did the majority of the grind on a dead server solo queuing and when I started after doing the BM bag craprngwtf system I was almost full champion with two BM. I rather the grind be "hard" than oh I hit 50, oh look I'm fully min/maxed in WH in a week.

:rolleyes:It's technically possible to have both WH Weapons as soon as you hit 50.

3500 Ranked + 2000 Warzone equals out to 4166 Ranked. So the weapons are 2,000 each, leaving you with 166 Ranked left, or 500 Warzone Commendations, which should be able to get you a piece of battlemaster.

Combine this with Recruit Mk-2 and you should be silver if you're competent.

Edited by RazielHex

:rolleyes:It's technically possible to have both WH Weapons as soon as you hit 50.

3500 Ranked + 2000 Warzone equals out to 4166 Ranked. So the weapons are 2,000 each, leaving you with 166 Ranked left, or 500 Warzone Commendations, which should be able to get you a piece of battlemaster.

Combine this with Recruit Mk-2 and you should be silver if you're competent.

Yes but, the OP wants ALL WH (with augments I'm assuming) when he freshly hits 50. Your advice simply isn't good enough!

Let's be honest, gearing up for pvp in this game is bad. I'm recently coming back and can't stand how hard it is to grind out the gear. First BM, then War Hero then E War Hero Weapons. You need over 30k commendations to get yourself close to fully geared. That's a huge grind for anyone trying to gear up their character and then after they do that getting gear for another spec if they want to try something else. Something needs to be done about the grind, it didn't work in Warhammer. It won't work here.

The real answer is: people need to start finding pugs for rwz again. Yes, you'll be blown out occasionally, but you will gear up MUCH MUCH faster.

Hi,

I am the modern diva mmo player.

I have a life, i go out, i have better things to do than sit and play a game for more than 30mins a day. Clearly i can't be asked to grind in a video game because of my super popular rockstar life. Please give me free gear and add no challenge or work into it. -Thanks.

Signed,

Kim Kardashian

Hardcore MMO competitive player.

Dear MMO Customer,

My bad, if you have better things to do and think plaing MMO's requires you to have no life. If you believe it to be so, then you should uninstall and proceed to play Call of Duty; i hear they love casual gamers. If you have other things to do in life you should stop playing, or accept the fact MMO's take time to excell in. Perhaps you should learn to manage your time wisely or move on. MMO's are for serious players who have a sense of reward to time invested gameplay.

Signed,

A company that actually makes MMO's and does not care about your popularity on FaceBook.

Edited by Cybridwarform

Yes but, the OP wants ALL WH (with augments I'm assuming) when he freshly hits 50. Your advice simply isn't good enough!

But this is also possible, and it requires 1 geared Lv50 that you can already grind on. Pick up that Legacy gear, mail it over, day one War Hero!

But that's probably not good enough either...

Make the armorings, mods, enhancements and barrels craftable. Expand the mats and shematics on the PvP vendor and use comms to buy them. This would expand a lame crafting system and the economy would have a new market.

This makes it easier for those with alts to get gear and optimizing you main toon's gear.

You could also add valor rating to the items so someone has to pvp to get certified for the gear, then mitgate it a little by adding it to legacy and not just a character.

Edited by Lowyjowylof
spelling

To fair mate, i got 50 today and i'm already in 2 bits of BM and 1 bit of WH because I did the whole 2000 comms and 3500 before I hit 50. That being said I just find it boring and a bit of a waste of time to grind all this just for warzones at the moment as its the only place im gonna use it in pvp. I was thinking today that once you have it all its a waste of time really as everyone else is in it as well so it cancels it out.