You Doomsayers have forgotten about before F2P

NobleSpec

I just wanted to mention that, the overall optimism of the game I feel was at its lowest during that period of time before F2P.

I know we had more servers, everyone was a bit more spread out but...I saw MUCH more posts about how this game was DEAD. Vets, you all remember that one point in time, it was leading up to the CM and such and there was hardly ANYTHING being announced or released. I forgot how long.

There was this trailer for Makeb, and it wasnt until maybe a year until we saw any sign of it again. That trailer I speak of, Im not sure if any of you remember it, but it said "New Abilities" and it showed toons doing moves we already had lol. Imagine seeing that as a sub.

I still remained sub, but still...

F2P honestly saved the game back then. Im not saying the game is perfect or thriving but, the movies weren't announced back then either. So...maybe 6.0 and this spot we're in now aint so bad eh?

Did we even get a roadmap before F2P came out?

Im just saying overall, we have been here BEFOREEE. This community on SWTOR has been the longest battlefield vs EA. We are battle hardened. We survived through 2012 and the Disney purge.

One Kotaku article?

THAT. IS. NOTHING.

Edited by NobleSpec

I just wanted to mention that, the overall optimism of the game I feel was at its lowest during that period of time before F2P.

I know we had more servers, everyone was a bit more spread out but...I saw MUCH more posts about how this game was DEAD. Vets, you all remember that one point in time, it was leading up to the CM and such and there was hardly ANYTHING being announced or released. I forgot how long.

There was this trailer for Makeb, and it wasnt until maybe a year until we saw any sign of it again. That trailer I speak of, Im not sure if any of you remember it, but it said "New Abilities" and it showed toons doing moves we already had lol. Imagine seeing that as a sub.

I still remained sub, but still...

F2P honestly saved the game back then. Im not saying the game is perfect or thriving but, the movies weren't announced back then either. So...maybe 6.0 and this spot we're in now aint so bad eh?

Did we even get a roadmap before F2P came out?

Im just saying overall, we have been here BEFOREEE. This community on SWTOR has been the longest battlefield vs EA. We are battle hardened. We survived through 2012 and the Disney purge.

One Kotaku article?

THAT. IS. NOTHING.

I think you misunderstand where many of us are coming from in this regard: Our unhappiness and worry is not because of one Kotaku article. No. It's watching the game decline over the last year, the severe drought of content with no end in sight. A video of a Makeb like planet right now would be a GOD SEND.

It really WAS that bad back then. So bad they had to introduce F2P and the Cartel Market to save it.

What can they introduce now to save the game a second time? Answer that question and I think a lot of us would feel at least a little better about continuing to pay our subs and waiting for improvement.

We're willing to wait - as long as we're not waiting for nothing. Right now it feels like we might be waiting for nothing. Correct that assumption and things would be a whole lot better around here.

I disagree, OP. 2012 was a completely different feeling, even though it was obvious that something isn't working as intended. But back then, there was still so much more to this game than now. And well, yes, there were more complaints back then. Because there were much more players. Look at the forum now. It's basically the same 20 people or so + the occassional random post by an "outsider" like you.

I remember 2012 very well. I saw my guild (once one of the biggest ones on TP) losing ALL members except 2 during the spring and summer! And still, the feeling I have now is much worse. There is no glimmer of hope I have left for this game. Not because of doomsayers or random articles by random people on random websites. No, because I am in this game since the beginning and I see what's going on.

Darth Malgus' population is now pretty much like TRE was before. That means we lost around the amount of TP's and ToFN's servers. Within only 2 months. Heck, they took away the indicator about "light/medium/full" status of their servers. Because all are light at all times. In 2012, we had sooooo many more servers with sooooo many more players. You simply cannot compare 2012 with 2018.

Totally different situation. In 2012, everything in the game still felt new. People were doing their first replays through class stories, not their 6th. PvP maps still felt new from launch, not the same ones we'd played for 6 years. There was so much content in the game that players hadn't experienced from launch because leveling a character took more than the class storyline and 4 hours of your time.

The base content of the game is still the best content in the game, but it doesn't last for 6 years of players' time. Content droughts have more of an impact the later we are in a game's lifecycle.

I think you misunderstand where many of us are coming from in this regard: Our unhappiness and worry is not because of one Kotaku article. No. It's watching the game decline over the last year, the severe drought of content with no end in sight. A video of a Makeb like planet right now would be a GOD SEND.

It really WAS that bad back then. So bad they had to introduce F2P and the Cartel Market to save it.

What can they introduce now to save the game a second time? Answer that question and I think a lot of us would feel at least a little better about continuing to pay our subs and waiting for improvement.

We're willing to wait - as long as we're not waiting for nothing. Right now it feels like we might be waiting for nothing. Correct that assumption and things would be a whole lot better around here.

Id say we'd have to see with this mentioned 6.0, I'm not saying its not bad now. However, some of the rumors did originate from that article. But, yeah I agree, the game has been in a decline.

My theory? There was a a pretty big demand on these forums for a return to story. However i think what everyone wanted were a return to class specific stories. When KOTFE and KOTET came out with what it did, story-wise, it was fun for one playthrough but hard to even repeat. Plus no PVE content with OPS.

Solution? I think the recent posts by devs mention this, but they are looking back to what the community wants now. Who's to guess the effort and money with what they have wasnt focused on the story cutscenes etc. I think a solution were to return to a equal focus between story and PVE like in previous expansions. There are plenty of other things to add to the game that are doable.

I think it could be done if it was focused on. Even with what they have.

I think it could be done if it was focused on. Even with what they have.

I agree that it could be done. I just do not believe that it will. That belief will be confirmed with the Road Map that has been delayed so long with talks of being "busy in meetings and planning" that if it doesn't have something besides the end of the traitor story line (1 or 2 flashpoints) + the remaining bosses of the raid that was supposed to be finished last year + some companion returns - then I think the doomsayers will have finally been calling it right after 6 years of predicting. They aren't talking about the road map even, much less 6.0. They need to be talking about something, or there won't be anyone left to talk to once they decide to break their silence.