QOL Improvements - What does the community want to see?

AdamGe

They would have to do something about the little dude that always gives you the planet quest line. They could move him to the surface outside the shuttle, but that would take redoing camera angles and stuff for the conversations.

Maybe some sort of holocall droid? Speaking of, why do holocalls load almost instantly, yet going from the dock to the planets takes so much time?

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, thank you for ready check. Has already been used and useful in the groups I've run with.

Some of these are repeats of others, but y'all had a lot of good ideas ;)

camera lock - sooooo tired of resetting my camera

account (or legacy)-wide friend/ignore lists

buff/debuff customization (being able to more easily see your own, know what's cleansable, etc.)

gtn - search by unit price

gtn - sell multiple stacks

sitting in chairs

in-game barbershop (hair, makeup, tats, etc.)

character recustomization

server transfers

mod vendors - sort by stat

ability delay/not firing

hood toggle

legacy codex (addition to individual character one)

keybindings from character to character

Edited to add: in-game guild event calendar

Edited by iamthehoyden

Until recently, I never had many alts, but one request I know I've seen before has been a "Legacy" bank tab that we can share...that would be quite invaluable.

For me, the one quality of life thing I would LOVE to see would be a way to land directly at a planets Starport, bypassing the landing station so many have.

Yes, i know I have suggested it and many others

Its just a little handy feature to save transferring

You left out...

• Fix Crafting Gear sets (many of them have the wrong Chest and Pants as compared to the low level gear they are named for). Add new Classic schematics for the correct versions and add new crafting schematics for new adaptive armors. Make crafting more worth while overall.
  • And Sitting In Chairs (everywhere!).

:cool:

Edited by Blackavaar

- Chat Bubbles (That you can toggle on/off if you want)

- Possibility to lean.

- Possibility to sit chairs.

- Player housing. (Even instances like our ships I would be glad to have that)

- Ship and housing decoration.

- Guild Capital ship.

- Dye for armor.

This and add in...

- More ships/ability to have a different ship or to buy one

- Guild dailies/quests/levels/rank etc you know.

- UI color changer (unless I missed it)

- Ability to use UI Mods

- Appearance tab

- Ability to save and swap armor sets

- Multi-passenger mounts

whisper from guild pane

copy hotkey in chat window

hood toggle

match to head/pants

moddable ear/implant/relic

upgrade matrix cube (maybe give it 4 slots, with crystal)

more open information about stats (equations, base values etc.)

legacy friend request (so you can /lfriend soemone and if they accept your request you will have them as a freind on all your characters for all their characters, and you or them can remove you as a lfriend)

armor dyes

make trinket system seperate from armor system for set bonuses, so people can mix and match pvp and pve set bonuses by having 2 of these trickets and 2 of another.

legacy bank

dual faction guild bank?

deployable gtn, bank, gbank

summon system (i dont care how you deal with the flags, deal with them lol... make us reset the quest to accept the summon or soemthing.)

vanity tab for fireworks, holo dancer, music droid etc

crafting tab for mats and consumables... and companions gifts ;)

a ticket system that stamps your ticket with your character, time, server, location, level etc. for you... tired of CS saying I didnt give enough information.

being able to switch between my pve heal set/skills/quickbars to my pve dps set/skills/quickbars and my pvp dps and heal stuff... without having to spend 3 minuites everytime i do this, and not having such and such gear on me at the moment.

NO MORE 3 person party companion bug!

be able to use your alts as a companion...

podraces

pazaak

guild bus/tank!

@TE 80% of your propositions have nothing to do with the title of this thread. For example pazaak is a minigame. that has nothig to do with "quality of life". qol-improvements are purely conveniences to make the gameplay run smoother.

anyway, my top-priorities are:

-An open user interface free to mod, preferably a LUA-based code.

-a seperate buffbar with timerbars

-flashing proccs

-an accountbank

-double exp available through legacy

-crossserver dungeon/raid/bg-finder

-ingame barbershop (NOT cartelmarket)

-dual specc

@TE 80% of your propositions have nothing to do with the title of this thread. For example pazaak is a minigame. that has nothig to do with "quality of life". qol-improvements are purely conveniences to make the gameplay run smoother.

That may be so, but to me, pazaak, swoop racing, and other minigames would greatly improve my in-game experience and thus to me (and seemingly many others), they are QOL improvements. Just a matter of opinion I suppose.

Isnt this what the tousand papercuts topic is for?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=520095

No point splitting up the info :)

Originally I thought so too, and I did post most of this in the papercuts thread as well. However, I think I misinterpreted the idea of "papercuts." I believe it is intended to point out the small inconvenient nuances that exist or small convenience features that don't exist in the game today. After some thought, I decided that papercuts encompasses the idea of several small irritating things that are not ground breaking, but affect overall game experience. Some of the ideas in this QOL thread are more around larger implementations, many of which may require significant dev time, but would go a long way towards greatly improving the ways in which you experience and play the game.

Edited by AdamGe

• Dev Post

Hey there folks,

Happy Friday! I wanted to pop in and say that this is a cool thread, and we'll keep an eye on it. We love seeing your feedback, and it is fun reading about the things that you'd like to see and what would make your in-game life better. :D

Good thread but can we make this realistic? Take out items (or at minimum put them in a separate category) that the devs have said won't happen? Or ones that are just quite frankly not going to happen? They already said that...

-Legacy Datacrons are not happening

-Legacy Codex is happening

-Species is in the Barber Shop

And I'm pretty sure Day/Night cycles will never be done. Bam. Coding and implementation. This isn't to be mean or shut people down, it's just who do you take seriously, the people who want everything or the people who focus on realistic and attainable ideas? Although I suppose if this thread is more just a *dream list* than a *hey, devs, do this stuff* then don't mind me :)

Good thread though, I'll be sure to add my own soon :jawa_cool:

Edited by Darslk

Would be amazing to see a legacy mats bank like there is in GW2. So you could deposit all of your grade 1-6 mats in one bank and be able to grab them from any char. Also have a deposit to mats bank button on your inventory so you can click it and all of the mats will be deposited instead of clicking every one.

Hey there folks,

Happy Friday! I wanted to pop in and say that this is a cool thread, and we'll keep an eye on it. We love seeing your feedback, and it is fun reading about the things that you'd like to see and what would make your in-game life better. :D

Wow, thanks Amber! :D

We certainly appreciate the feedback. I think the ideas here range from short lead times to rather long ones, and perhaps some that are already being worked on. Even if it's only so much as a "maybe someday" or even a "no, most likely not" response we'd love to get as much feedback as possible to items on the list in the OP.

And if I'm not being too greedy, I'm especially curious about the feasibility of Swapping Mirror Class Abilities from a developers perspective :p:rak_01:

Hey there folks,

It's nice to know you guys saw this thread :) Thank you.

Hey there folks,

Honestly... the number one thing I find this game missing is a real source of information. I assume your data is stored in such a way that fan sites can't mine it well, but when I try to find out what's purchaseable with, say, Daily Coms, I am on a google search. Even then, it's hard to find much more than generalities. I can't go to a single knowledge repository on the web because they are ALL a wreck compared to *other* mmos out there.

And yes, when you are new user to this game, it makes the game have an air of low rent and community disinterest. A game as complex as this NEEDS a good data-driven website backing it up. If the community has failed to generate one, then it really should be something your company tackles instead.

Legacy:

Legacy Shared Datacrons

Legacy Banks (Account storage for rare items & especially for crafting materials)

Double XP for Legacy Level X (30, 50?)

Account:

Account Friends/Ignore lists

Account wide settings/binds

Character Enhancements:

Barber Shop (Done Right!) & more creation options (new hair, tatoos, jewelry, & species)

Hood toggle

Armor Dye

User Experience Improvements:

Server Transfers

Dual Spec

Good thread but can we make this realistic? Take out items (or at minimum put them in a separate category) that the devs have said won't happen? Or ones that are just quite frankly not going to happen? They already said that...

-Legacy Datacrons are not happening

-Legacy Codex is happening

-Species is in the Barber Shop

And I'm pretty sure Day/Night cycles will never be done. Bam. Coding and implementation. This isn't to be mean or shut people down, it's just who do you take seriously, the people who want everything or the people who focus on realistic and attainable ideas? Although I suppose if this thread is more just a *dream list* than a *hey, devs, do this stuff* then don't mind me :)

Good thread though, I'll be sure to add my own soon :jawa_cool:

Thanks for the feedback, I hadn't actually seen dev responses to the legacy codex or definitively "NO" to legacy datacrons. Do you have sources?

I had heard that 2.0 on the PTS has several codex improvements and better datacron tracking, but not the stat buffs from datacrons, atleast not for 2.0? But I had not heard a definitive no to shared legacy datacron stats. If they're worried about new or lower level characters being OP, I suggested having the datacrons shared thru legacy, but simply locked to all characters until they reach each planet/level, at which point the datacrons available at that planet/level would be unlocked, keeping stat boosts in line with characters level.

Chat bubbles (including toggle to turn them on/off client-side) are definitely on the very top of my list of quality of life features I want to see.

They are for roleplayers and socializers what the group finder is for PVEers and the warzone queue interface is for PVPers.

A more in-depth explanation may be found in the popular thread Chat Bubbles: We need an option to enable them for say, yell and emote chat! (more than thousand replies, 124 pages and nearing 70000 views!).

Edited by Glzmo