Option to Turn OFF XP boost

TrixxieTriss

If there were lots of pvp brackets, I think it would be fine to turn "gained xp" to 0 if you wanted to, so that there wasn't a big difference between 2 people in a pvp match. But as it is now, it'd be too easy to abuse, people would just level to 39 or 69, and hang around trolling midbies and lowbies forever.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some try to mix the no xp gain with no xp BOOST gain. This thread is about no BOOST, so players still gain experience but without the "events" boost, and it is fair to ask for it. Asking for 0 xp gain is a troll thing to deviate the debate and bad for this discussion.

Some try to mix the no xp gain with no xp BOOST gain. This thread is about no BOOST, so players still gain experience but without the "events" boost, and it is fair to ask for it. Asking for 0 xp gain is a troll thing to deviate the debate and bad for this discussion.

They're the same thing, pretty much. Currently, even without the boost, xp gain is incredibly fast. To the point that, even without the bonus, if you just do story and the H2s (for gear), you'll out-level the content with ease. Sure, the bonus makes it worse, but the removal of it doesn't solve the root problem, just one symptom of it. If the devs are going to address the issue, they're better off implementing something that fixes the why people post, rather than the what they post.

In this case, that would be giving people both the means to turn off the boosts and some level of control over how fast they level regardless.

Edited by Battilea

I can see them adding turning off XP bonus like before but fully disabling XP or a slider probably not.

Reason is that there is no PvP brackets. Everyone regardless of level is thrown into the same match just that stats are scale up to max level at 232 rating as it sits now.

If there was brackets such as 10-19, 20-29, 30-39, etc I could see why turning off would be helpful if you want to stay in that specific bracket but due to the scale up doesn't make it fesible.

If they added that I would want them to remove the scale up and create brackets but that would further minimize available players on lower population servers

Hey folks!

Still, I wanted you to know that we have seen your feedback about turning off the XP bonus.

-eric

Eric,

This thread was about having AN OPTION for turning off the XP bonus. I think it's a silly idea, but options are always nice. However, if you turn around and turn off the XP bonus at this point, you will be ticking off an order of magnitude more people who want to level their 60's and 65's to 70 during this event. You promised that, you delivered that, now stick to it. if you want to incorporate AN OPTION, then fine.

I am all for turning off the xp bonus, but the white acute module needs to be in place at all times, not just for this event. I started playing SWTOR almost 2 yrs ago, it was a serious challenge then, Knights of the Fallen was released and double xp was the norm, companions were, and still are, seriously over-powered. With that said, I still like the game, I would truely like to see you come up with a server that had the pre Knights, rules, xp, ect. Since I doubt that will happen, bring back the white acute module pls, even when you do double xp for a holiday weekend, I have to find something else to do during that time. It's just my 2 cents worth Edited by Fopster
Accident sending it

Eric,

This thread was about having AN OPTION for turning off the XP bonus. I think it's a silly idea, but options are always nice. However, if you turn around and turn off the XP bonus at this point, you will be ticking off an order of magnitude more people who want to level their 60's and 65's to 70 during this event. You promised that, you delivered that, now stick to it. if you want to incorporate AN OPTION, then fine.

Yes people mean a SWITCH to turn it off or on. Not one or the other. Turning it off completely creates yet another thread. Lets be honest turning it off completely is out out the question. That would be imposing my views on someone else....(sarcasm). Lets be honest grinding 5 to 10 levels is so hard... lol (really?). Lets not forget the magnitude of PVP players who sub mate that this extra XP (who sub) is also ticking off.......

Hey folks!

I apologize for the delay in response. I was waiting to respond when I had something definitive to share but I don't have that quite yet. Still, I wanted you to know that we have seen your feedback about turning off the XP bonus. We are talking about it and seeing if this is something we can address during the event or not. I will let you know once I know more.

-eric

Hi Eric,

Will we know something before the weekend. Currently I'm unable to play the game while this XP boost is happening 😢

It said so here: http://www.swtor.com/info/in-game-events

It clearly stated XP and CXP. We all know Bioware won't include an option to turn of the additional XP, they will just take it away. But since you're nothing but a troll, I suppose that is what you want. If you really don't like it, just don't level during the event.

Gee you're rude. She was asking for an option that has been in the game in the past and no where did she ask for it to be removed. If anyone is a troll it's you. Obviously you can't read. Oh, and by the way, your user name kind of gives you away as being part troll.

But good luck trolling her because she's unsubbed already. So I doubt she'll even read your posts.

Edited by Totemdancer

I have seen in a few other games you actually can turn off the XP 100% there is a switch in preferences in these other MMOs and I think this would be a good option for people that just like to play low pvp that way they will never leave the bracket they intend to compete in even though it's just regs.

Deliberately smashing your XP gains flat to lurk in low-bracket PvP is .. well, I'll call it ungentlemanly and leave it at that. I don't suppose I'd call it an exploit, but it's not "fair."

As for "Switches and sliders," adding them increases QA difficulty. I've been wrong before about how much of that they want to put in (I was fairly vocal that they'd never put in difficulty levels for solo story content, and here we are; but note they only put it in for the KotFE+ chapters). I won't say they won't do it, but it's more than just "turn the White Acute Modules back on." They have to consider the upkeep costs as well.

(And, depending on how those were implemented, and all the other 4.x+ changes to XP etc were done, they may have to do more work than just putting those back into vendors and turning on flags to enable them. )

I don't care enough about PvP to care one way or another (despite my personal views on the subject), and there's clearly a demand for slower XP gains. So I hope they can and will do it. And maybe while they're at it, they;ll look into moving the handful of story bosses who are on low-level planets to a higher-level zone so they're at the same level of difficulty as the rest of the end-story bosses. (Which isn't high, but it's at least 45-50 vs 12 or so).

• Dev Post
Hi Eric,

Will we know something before the weekend. Currently I'm unable to play the game while this XP boost is happening 😢

My goal is to get you an answer today if possible. Just to set an expectation though, if we make this change it will require a patch. That means the next opportunity to make the fix would likely be 5.1.2 at the end of the month.

I am hoping to have a definitive answer today, I will let you know!

-eric

My goal is to get you an answer today if possible. Just to set an expectation though, if we make this change it will require a patch. That means the next opportunity to make the fix would likely be 5.1.2 at the end of the month.

-eric

Hello Eric,

I know you guys are quite busy and understaffed, though looking forward could you please make sure ever time there's a XP boost you also add the turn off XP boost once for all, so we never ever see those threads again.

Then going on could you also add a slider to turn down the XP rate too. Leveling char through story is dull now. The over scaling levels added with OP companions breaks the game play.

Thanks

-eric

Maybe Bioware should have listened to the views of other people who wanted the XP to be optional last time? Now instead you are telling people that MAYBE the next patch at the end of the month? Of course you might have considered the EXISTING SUBS who PVP... Before trying to entice old players to resub with silly XP gimmicks....

• Dev Post

Ok so I can confirm that in 5.1.2 on 2/28 we will be reintroducing the vendor which sells the White Acute Module. It will work slightly different than last time in that instead of only suppressing bonus story XP, it will suppress all XP earned up to 2.5x (to cancel out the event bonus). Also, we are working to "bake it into the event" so that in the future anytime we run a bonus to XP, the vendor and module will be available as an option for those who don't want the bonus XP.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Ok so I can confirm that in 5.1.2 on 2/28 we will be reintroducing the vendor which sells the White Acute Module. It will work slightly different than last time in that instead of only suppressing bonus story XP, it will suppress all XP earned up to 2.5x (to cancel out the event bonus). Also, we are working to "bake it into the event" so that in the future anytime we run a bonus to XP, the vendor and module will be available as an option for those who don't want the bonus XP.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Methinks you've just made yourself very popular, or less unpopular, or something.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Fab, thank you

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Well praise be to the heavens its a miracle someone actually listened..... Well done Eric Sir You have just made at least my day...

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Hi Eric,

This is great news, thanks very much!

One important point though. please can you try to make the Acute Module NOT require an active subscription? (it did last time). That is, make it available to F2P and Pref players? Throw them a bone why don't you? :)

Also, a supplementary request. Please give us a slider or checkbox that allows us to reduce our normal Xp gain by eg 25% / 50% / 75% or similar.

All the best.

:)

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Good to hear, but it would be nice if this was a UI option instead, like it is in most games. The idea that you have to pay to get rid of a bonus just seems sort of wrong, you know ;) And also if there was a way to reduce xp gained (at leas tin story mode) for those that want to not out-level planets like crazy.

Edited by Battilea

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Thank you :D

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Yay! :D Thank you, Eric! Great news.

• Dev Post
Hi Eric,

This is great news, thanks very much!

One important point though. please can you try to make the Acute Module NOT require an active subscription? (it did last time). That is, make it available to F2P and Pref players? Throw them a bone why don't you? :)

Also, a supplementary request. Please give us a slider or checkbox that allows us to reduce our normal Xp gain by eg 25% / 50% / 75% or similar.

All the best.

:)

Ah! I knew I was forgetting something. We also removed the subscription requirement from the item.

-eric

Thanks everyone.

-eric

that is really good news. Its nice to know you guys care.

good job!