Maintenance: 15 November 2017

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on Wednesday, November 15th in order to apply Game Update 5.5.1a. The website will also be unavailable during this time.

Details:

DATE: 15 November 2017

TIME: 6:00AM - 8:00AM PST (1400 - 1600 UTC)

VERSION: 5.5.1a

Patch Notes will be available on Wednesday, here.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

-eric

• Dev Post
Legacy bank fix incoming.

This is the primary fix in this update, correct.

Hopefully. A fix for the eyes would be nice too.

The eyes are not being fixed in this update.

Does this include turning on server transfers? Please please please say yes. Please. ERIC PLEASE.HELP ME

Transfers are not being turned on with this update. As soon as I have a timing update I will pass it on!

-eric

Will you be fixing the bug with the Group Recon problem in this patch as well since it ends on the 27th?

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Star Wars: The Old Republic Customer Support.

We wanted to let you know that we identified the problem you ran into as a bug. We’ll fix it in a future game update.

Keep an eye on http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes for details on bug fixes included in each game update.

Galactic Support is our specialty….

Thank you,

The Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Customer Support Team.

Edited by casirabit

Is there any chance that the Cartel Market "Server Character Slot" items will be fixed with this update?

They're currently capped to 40 max + 24 as a sub = 64 max, despite the last patch apparently making the max characters per server 100. This had led to a situation where if you have an overflow of say ~70-80 characters, there's no way to: create a new character or transfer a new character to the server without first deleting 10-20 characters to get down to 63/64 characters.

Factoring in the 24 slots for subscribers by default, I imagine the "Server Character Slot" items should be increased from 40 to 76 to cap off at 100 per server?

Also, will there be any discount on the "Server Character Slot" items? As it is now, if you're a subscriber with 100+ toons on a server, you'd need to delete a bunch to get down to 99/100, then assuming you already previously purchased 40 "Server Character Slots," you'd still need to buy another 36 "Server Character Slots" just to be able to transfer a character to the server.

1 Character Slot = 600cc

36 Character Slots = 21,600cc (~$160 in cc just to be able to transfer a character to a server)

• Dev Post
How come this date was not included in the post that had the dates for maintenance for the month of November?. And since we will be losing a couple of hours of double xp will you consider extending the double xp to compensate for the downtime?

That post is specifically for scheduled downtime. Tomorrow's maintenance is an "unscheduled" patch in order to address an issue which arose from United Forces. We do our best to have all changes happen inside of scheduled downtime but sometimes we need to expedite a change.

We won't be extending the double event that I am aware of, especially since it is a fairly quick downtime (only 2 hours, or less hopefully). However, keep in mind that we are running another double event at the end of the month to coincide with 5.6 launch. You won't have to wait too long for another "dose of double."

-eric

That post is specifically for scheduled downtime. Tomorrow's maintenance is an "unscheduled" patch in order to address an issue which arose from United Forces. We do our best to have all changes happen inside of scheduled downtime but sometimes we need to expedite a change.

We won't be extending the double event that I am aware of, especially since it is a fairly quick downtime (only 2 hours, or less hopefully). However, keep in mind that we are running another double event at the end of the month to coincide with 5.6 launch. You won't have to wait too long for another "dose of double."

-eric

Fair enough

• Dev Post
Is there any chance that the Cartel Market "Server Character Slot" items will be fixed with this update?

They're currently capped to 40 max + 24 as a sub = 64 max, despite the last patch apparently making the max characters per server 100. This had led to a situation where if you have an overflow of say ~70-80 characters, there's no way to: create a new character or transfer a new character to the server without first deleting 10-20 characters to get down to 63/64 characters.

Factoring in the 24 slots for subscribers by default, I imagine the "Server Character Slot" items should be increased from 40 to 76 to cap off at 100 per server?

Also, will there be any discount on the "Server Character Slot" items? As it is now, if you're a subscriber with 100+ toons on a server, you'd need to delete a bunch to get down to 99/100, then assuming you already previously purchased 40 "Server Character Slots," you'd still need to buy another 36 "Server Character Slots" just to be able to transfer a character to the server.

1 Character Slot = 600cc

36 Character Slots = 21,600cc (~$160 in cc just to be able to transfer a character to a server)

This will not be a part of tomorrow's update. However, the team is aware of the issue and looking into solutions. I appreciate the heads up on it!

-eric

Hallo miteinander!

Am 15. November werden wir die Server herunterfahren, um Spiel-Update 5.5.1a aufzuspielen. In diesem Zeitraum wird die Website ebenfalls nicht erreichbar sein.

Details:

DATUM: 15. November 2017

ZEIT: 1500Uhr MESZ bis 1700Uhr MESZ

VERSION: 5.5.1a

Danke für eure Geduld, während wir die Dienste für Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ aktualisieren.

Three times in a row... no Summer Time (= Daylight Time) in Europe. Now is "Central European Time" (CET).

Incorrect: "15:00 Uhr MESZ bis 17:00 Uhr MESZ"

Correct: "15:00 Uhr MEZ bis 17:00 Uhr MEZ"

Additional information:

"Central European Summer Time" (CEST) = "Mitteleuropäische Sommerzeit" (MESZ)

"Central European Time" (CET) = "Mitteleuropäische Zeit" (MEZ)

I'd say that the problem is wider than just 64 max characters - I'm almost twice lower on the characters than the allowed maximum at the moment (less than 40), but I have an overflow of 1 (one!) character and I cannot go beyond that, Server Character Slots are not working for me. Used the ones I had in my Inventory pre-merge, just gone and nothing happened, claimed and used the ones I kept as Unclaimed Items, used, "Server Character Slot" items returned to Unclaimed Items (common last week's bug as I understand), nothing happened. I don't want to waste CCs to buy the new one from the CM, currently waiting for the second CS answer (the first one was nice and polite but told me only how many Character slots I have at the moment - I know that, I'm eager to know what happened to the Character slots I used, these never did it to the Character Selection Screen...).

Three times in a row... no Summer Time (= Daylight Time) in Europe. Now is "Central European Time" (CET).

Incorrect: "15:00 Uhr MESZ bis 17:00 Uhr MESZ"

Correct: "15:00 Uhr MEZ bis 17:00 Uhr MEZ"

Additional information:

"Central European Summer Time" (CEST) = "Mitteleuropäische Sommerzeit" (MESZ)

"Central European Time" (CET) = "Mitteleuropäische Zeit" (MEZ)

Warum ned einfach GMT ?

This will not be a part of tomorrow's update. However, the team is aware of the issue and looking into solutions. I appreciate the heads up on it!

-eric

In fact we get NOTHING in your useless updates. No fix to eyes, no servers transfers, no solution to character cap... in addition to this class balance remains garbage (both dps pts are garbage in pvp, skank-tanks dpsing almost as much as dps classes, mercs are unkillable (and even with nerf they will remain better than other classes).

Iam sorry guys but it seems that you are not paying enough attention to real game problems