Weapon's special effects disappear after using certain actions/skills

Alduinsm

This bug doesn't affect lightsabers only.

The Max-Tac Precision Sniper Rifle and Tac-HUD Heavy Sniper Rifle have the same issue with disappearing effects.

Nonetheless, Bioware said they work on the issue after patch 2.3. Well we're in patch 2.4 now. How goes progress on having the bug fixed Bioware?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm disgusted now that there still isn't any update on this bug yet. I feel like all the hard work put into the Gree event in getting the single blade gray helix lightsabers was a waste. Can't enjoy using them when every time i'm in combat the animation gets messed up. Funny how when people complained about the double bladed gray helix lightsaber being bugged, Bioware took care of it pretty fast. Here's the thread if no one knows what i'm talking about: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=614388

However, when it comes to this threads bug, it appears Bioware simply doesn't care and hopes people get over it in good time, well I won't get over it. Bioware continues to ignore a bug that can easily be fixed in a short amount of time, but rather see it be dragged out longer than needed. Please give me answers Bioware. I've been patient with you for months, but now i'm starting to rethink your reliability to get things done at all in an appropriate time frame.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone,

Thanks for your follow up posts! In doing a bit more internal research and talking to our /bug guru, I've located a far more general bug that's in line with what the rest of you are reporting: that this is an issue with Lightsabers with effects when using specific abilities. My original find was for something different, and I apologize for being mistaken!

We're looking at getting this fixed in a patch after Game Update 2.3.

Whatever happened with this statement? 2 patches later and still no progess?

Bioware this is VERY shameful from you! How can you let this IMPORTANT BUG still lives after months of waiting?? First thing people think of when you mention Star Wars is lightsabers, but yet you don't find important to fix this very annoying bug with ... doh, lightsabers. It worked fine until you messed it up with Czerka patch. That was months ago! We are paying real money for your services and payed real money for cathar warstaff/color crystals. You cheated us by selling us something that got broken soon after sale was concluded. People don't like such companies! Law don't like such companies!

• 4 weeks later...

Why spend all those credits on Cartel sabers or all that time farming the Gree event for Helix components when the item effect goes away so quickly?

Bioware, I see you were aware of this many months ago - what's the deal with the fix?

• 3 months later...
Hi everyone,

Thanks for your follow up posts! In doing a bit more internal research and talking to our /bug guru, I've located a far more general bug that's in line with what the rest of you are reporting: that this is an issue with Lightsabers with effects when using specific abilities. My original find was for something different, and I apologize for being mistaken!

I'm sorry this was missed! It will happen from time to time, and I appreciate the link. To keep all of the info and communication in one place, your thread's been merged into this one and has taken over the title. :)

:ph_thank_you:

It's now 8 months and 5 major patches later and it's still NOT FIXED!

This also happens on certain ranged weapons that have laser sights matched to their crystal. It doesn't happen on those like the Gray Helix Autocannon or Blaster Rifle that have a persistent effect not tied to the equipped crystal. Would be nice to see a fix on this, and all the more so for the sabers.

• 2 months later...
This may not seem like a big deal, but this is a QoL fix just like rotation fixes. I literally see this bug every time I use an ability on any of my characters with lightsabers. I've been waiting for this fix for a looooong time.

• 2 weeks later...

I recorded a video with various sabers and abilities in response to a reddit post, figured I might as well bump this thread with it.

I included the Victorious lightsaber at the end (Season 1 reward) to show that it does work properly there. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say the effect there is part of the hilt, whereas the effect where it's broken is part of the blade.

Edited by shadowflit

I really hope that they fix this soon. I really want to use my gree light saber, that I busted my *** off to get in the gree event before last, but it makes me twitch when the blade "breaks" :(

In other words as soon as you use any ability where the blade gets out/disappears from your character's hands >< They fixed the Dual Saber's effects quite fast, I don't know why it's taking them so long to fix it for normal sabers.

In other words as soon as you use any ability where the blade gets out/disappears from your character's hands >< They fixed the Dual Saber's effects quite fast, I don't know why it's taking them so long to fix it for normal sabers.
...which Dual Blade? My Assassin tank's Volatile Derelict blade still goes to plain in mid-combat.

I paid a decent sum for that glowy smoke effect, I want to keep it.

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry this was missed! It will happen from time to time, and I appreciate the link. To keep all of the info and communication in one place, your thread's been merged into this one and has taken over the title. :)

:ph_thank_you:

Bump.

It's now 13 months later and we're still waiting for a fix...

• 2 weeks later...

Bump for this, would really love to see this get fixed

UPDATE: Also I can confirm that looting always makes it disappear and its primarily force breach (Jedi Shadow) that also makes it disappear

Edited by Farcolder

Bump for this, would really love to see this get fixed

UPDATE: Also I can confirm that looting always makes it disappear and its primarily force breach (Jedi Shadow) that also makes it disappear

In my experience, ant time that a saber/blaster with an effect graphically leaves the hands of your character, (I.E. kneeling to loot, saber-throw, certain shotgun/vibroblade moves, etc) the effect is removed, and the saber or blaster's look is set to the default. This occurs with most weapons with effects (those immune are from the more recent cartel packs or events), and with all color crystal and mod combinations.

• 1 month later...

Seasonal bump inc.

Seriously... at least let us know if it's still on your known issues list, or if you already gave up fixing it.

How about letting your CM department fix all those countless broken and bugged CM items first, before you continuously release dozens of reskinned armors and mounts that no one wants or needs?

Ok... *calms down* I'll try it the nice way again.

Since this thread has grown a bit over the last year *sigh*, it might have become a bit difficult to filter out the useful informations, so here's a quick summary about this bug:

Weapons that have some kind of special effect attached to them (e.g. a HUD or laser pointer), loose this effect whenever the player uses or gets affected by an ability that hides the weapon skin for a short moment (e.g. Overload ability on Sorcerer, Backstab on Operatives or enemy CCs like SOA's whirlwind). The special effect is gone until you sheathe and unsheathe the weapon again.

These are the weapons where I know for sure that they are affected by this bug:

- Tythonian Force-Master’s Lightsaber

- Max-Tac Precision Sniper Rifle

- Black Nebula Heavy Blaster

- Hyperstorm Heavy Cannon

- DLA-13 Heavy Blaster Rifle

- Tac-HUD Heavy Sniper Rifle

- Balmorran Hand Cannon Grek

- Balmorran Hand Cannon Besh

- Grey Helix Lightsaber and Saberstaff

- Grey Helix Auto-Cannon

This is NOT a complete list. There are a lot more weapons where i'm not entirely sure if they're bugged and i don't own all of these weapons for further testing.

These are weapons that are definitely NOT bugged:

- Volatile Conqueror’s Lightsaber and Saberstaff

- Energized Conqueror’s Lightsaber and Saberstaff

I hope this kind of information will finally break the silence and will result in some sort of fix.

In theory, all you have to do is to compare the code from the non-bugged weapons with the bugged weapons and search for differences to find the cause.

Edited by Sindariel

• 1 month later...