View Single Post

Assaultrooper
03.18.2012 , 09:12 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by jimmydafletch View Post
As a tank BH that PVP's with the Iron Fist spec you are way wrong. Granted I do put up some nice numbers, it's no where near full dps. Also QQ more.
Yea right now, you dont put up the numbers a full dps would, but once the nerfs go live you will.

As AP I can rarely get 300k, my current max is 320k damage
as Pyrotech I can do rarely 450k, my current max is 570k damgae (Mind you Ive seen marauders surpass this.)
As Shieltech (Iron Fist) I can do 280k, and my current max 340k dmg.

Lets be generous and say AP gets a 10% damage buff, from the changes, Still the difference doesnt justify the respec. Now for poor Pyro the nerf is hard, checkout the math:

Quote: Originally Posted by Panner_ View Post
Napkin math incoming!

I'm assuming a spec without TD.
When I write "attack" I mean Flame Burst or Rocket Punch.

Currently the expected number of attacks needed to proc PPA is around 3 (best case scenario is around 2.83, worst case is around 3.33). A 4-GCD rotation consisting of 3 attacks and 1 PPA-boosted Rail Shot lands at +10 heat every 6 seconds. Without any downtime, this is not sustainable. Weaving in one Rapid Shots in every rotation changes the heat increase to +2.5 heat every 7.5 seconds. Vent Heat can easily cover that heat gain.

In 1.2, the expected number of attacks needed to proc PPA is around 2 (best case scenario is around 1.89, worst case is around 2.22). The two first GCDs after using Rail Shot are 'lost', so a total of around 4 GCDs are needed to proc PPA. This becomes a 5-GCD rotation consisting of 2 attacks, 1 PPA-boosted Rail Shot, and 2 more abilities. We see that if one attack and one Rapid Shots is chosen, this becomes the exact same rotation as above, resulting in the same manageable heat gain, +2.5 heat every 7.5 seconds.

The rotation in 1.2 should perform approximately as well as the current rotation on a target dummy over an extended period of time.

However, any fight that has downtime will allow for more aggressive heat usage, which should favor the current rotation.
Source: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=364427&page=2

Yea Im panicking and with good reason.
Quote: Originally Posted by CrunkShizzle View Post
Just wonderin how AP is lookin pvp wise
Could be worse