10730 dmg stunlock in 7 seconds, best pvp class found

gundamemo

Operative/Scoundrel is your best pvp class right now. Forget sith sorcerer or trooper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ8o_WmpyyI

You can watch the whole clip of you can skip to 8:03-8:10 where he killed some poor guy WITHIN A STUN...

I had especially good time last night trying to do my daily on my 47 HEAVY ARMOUR bounty hunter (powertech) repeatedly for a period of 4 hours, facing a non too competent 50 scoundrel that repeatedly kills me (I admit it) and everyone else while suffering ZERO death.

I mean at least this guy in youtube put himself out there, but what can you do when some one camp your spawn point and killing you within 7 seconds IN A STUN.

Sure, I can trinket the stun and run away with 50% hp by putting my stun on him... but he'll just follow me after in stealth to repeat the same thing again.

Its one thing to have high burst dmg, its quite another to do it on people when they are STUNNED.

So new comer, roll an operative/scoundrel. It require no skills to win.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep starting to see these surface, its especially frustrating when you are playing melee dps class, to get so absurdly easily out dpsed by ops/scoundrels.

Its noticeable at low/mid lvls, but once they hit 50 its absolutely absurd. Have gone from 16k hp in nearly full pvp gear, to dead within a single stun..

Edited by Munx

Operative/Scoundrel is your best pvp class right now. Forget sith sorcerer or trooper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ8o_WmpyyI

You can watch the whole clip of you can skip to 8:03-8:10 where he killed some poor guy WITHIN A STUN...

I had especially good time last night trying to do my daily on my 47 HEAVY ARMOUR bounty hunter (powertech) repeatedly for a period of 4 hours, facing a non too competent 50 scoundrel that repeatedly kills me (I admit it) and everyone else while suffering ZERO death.

I mean at least this guy in youtube put himself out there, but what can you do when some one camp your spawn point and killing you within 7 seconds IN A STUN.

Sure, I can trinket the stun and run away with 50% hp by putting my stun on him... but he'll just follow me after in stealth to repeat the same thing again.

Its one thing to have high burst dmg, its quite another to do it on people when they are STUNNED.

So new comer, roll an operative/scoundrel. It require no skills to win.

heh, you obviously havn't fought against an imperial sniper :) we can do that in 5 seconds :D

Nothing is balanced 1v1. Get over it. Yes, I play one. Yes, I am only level 40. Yes, it is insane damage, to one person. If there are two people we die, and fast.

A warrior can tank two people, we can't. Should we call for nerfs? The scoundrel is a burst melee class with no charge, force run, or closer of any kind except for stealth.

We are a glass cannon. There is one in every game.

It's the gear. My 46 Operative can do some pretty big burst, but I can't hit those numbers on a 50. What you're seeing is people with pvp gear using a burst class to roflstomp people who are undergeared/not 50. Once you blow hidden strike, backstab and shiv you're basically jumping around in circles. If the opponent survives and shields/pots, you pretty much need to battle stealth and come back in 2 minutes. Besides, Operative/Scoundrel has zero support and almost non-existent survivability if they get caught in the open, so it makes sense that they can kill faster than any other class.

I have done over 8k crits with my single hidden strike opener ability, followed by other crits that do about double your 10k complaint (I almost always kill lowbies before they react). That being said I'm a 50 OP with some BM gear and no one else is on my server (at least not on Imp side). Once more folks have more expertise and gear in general, things will change. Edited by jbrdude

this class is a joke. i am a 50 assassin albeit in noobgear and we had a scoundrel in the opposing team today which could not be beat... no chance. in the end, he was top healer AND top damagedealer with 11 medails. he killed me in 3 seconds and my buddy died 4 or 5 seconds later and we did like 10% dmg to him... for a burst class that can heal AND stealth AND on top of that has tons of cc... that's just to much sorry... pretty awful class design...

also, game is 2 weeks out and already people can have such a gear advantage to roflstomp everything? another fail if you ask me... with everyone beeing noobs it was really funny but lately those creeps come out of nowhere and just mash it all...

i mean i consider myself as a nolifer reaching lvl 50 already hehe but seeing such guys already emerge after 2 weeks is to much... as someone who only plays for pvp and easytime storyleveling i hope some of the stuff gets adressed fast...

oh darkfall... why did you damn greeks kill it? :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Edited by Randomiza

All the other posters who "claim" to do 10k in 3 seconds (2 gcd + 1 ability off probably) can screenshot or link your video clip and we'll believe. Its age of internet, I can claim to shoot lazer out of my eyes, so what.

The difference with other classes is that I can interrupt your dmg sequence because I'm not taking all your dmg IN A STUN.

Against non-stealth classes, I can either pre-position or "react" to your attack where as here I can't do jack. There is NO COUNTER, there isn't anything I can do because they'll always have the open stun/dmg on me.

Sniper/trooper you can you pop your defensive cooldown and line of sight, melee you can punt or ensnare or pop your defensive cooldown.

Stealth stun and dmg means its all too late by the time you're set upon. What's the point when you pop your defensive cooldown when they already pop their load on your back.

Gundamemo, I can do Hidden Strike (over 8k), Backstab, Shiv, Lacerate, Lacerate (for potentially over 20k total -- if they live that long) -- often times before my opponent has done a single pt of damage to me.

Since you don't believe it, I'll take a screenshot of the most damage done in a single hit in a wz and upload it today. If you are on Bondar Crystal I'd be happy to show you in Ilum or Tattoine.

Edited by jbrdude

Anyone that does not think these classes are killing to fast or putting out to much damage.. Is probably playing as one or with one on their team.

Eventually it is going to end.

As more and more players hit the cap there will be more and more video proof to back it up.

It's the gear. My 46 Operative can do some pretty big burst, but I can't hit those numbers on a 50. What you're seeing is people with pvp gear using a burst class to roflstomp people who are undergeared/not 50. Once you blow hidden strike, backstab and shiv you're basically jumping around in circles. If the opponent survives and shields/pots, you pretty much need to battle stealth and come back in 2 minutes. Besides, Operative/Scoundrel has zero support and almost non-existent survivability if they get caught in the open, so it makes sense that they can kill faster than any other class.

Stealth classes generally do not get caught in the open. That 2 minute vanish can be talented and cut down to 1 minute.

This isnt so much a class issue as it is a PVP issue. Take pretty much any lvl 50 with BM gear and bumped expertise and they will wipe the floor with underlevel/undergeared toons. My server is fairly heavily populated and were seeing more and more 50s lately so its getting even worse (for those of us not powerleveling at least).