Kaggath Tournament - Grievous vs Revan vs G0-T0

Beniboybling

As for the magnaguards, wee see Ahsoka beat 2 or 3 of them at once on Tatooine during the Clone Wars movie. She was just 14 at the time I believe. Those guys aren't that great. They won't change the fact that Revan can and will kill Greivous.

We also see Meetra Surik, who just woke up from a coma (drugged) and has lost most of her connection to the Force, defeat hundreds of Traya's (Revan's) assassins with a vibrosword.

I'm not saying Magmaguards will prevent Revan from killing Grievous. I'm saying they'll take out whatever assassins accompany him.

Magmaguards > Assassins

Grievous < Revan

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both good points, but there is also a major gap between Yoda's ability to wield and lightsaber and Grievous'. I think Grievous ineptitude in the finer points of lightsaber combat and inability to wield the Force (and also his ignorance of Force lightning) 'make up' if you like for Revan's lesser strength in Force lightning.

But yes, Grievous can put trillions of battle droids between himself and Revan. However Revan is tactically superior to Grievous, smarter, and can see the bigger picture. He also has a sizable force himself, enough to hunt down and isolate Grievous and also have back-up plans if Grievous attempts to flee. (e.g. sabotage escape pods, ship etc.) A confrontation that G0-T0 will encourage.

The stars are gonna have to align for Revan to get to Grievous. He is on one ship, one ship among hundreds (more than that). Not only that, but Grievous' fleet numbers will allow him to surround Revan's significantly smaller forces. Unless Revan knows exactly where Grievous is at all times, such a confrontation is incredibly unlikely to occur. It is more likely that Revan will be killed in battle before confronting Grievous.

And don't make Revan's tactical knowledge greater than it is. He may be smart, but he doesn't have the tools to overcome Grievous' massive numbers. Grievous outnumbers Revan's forces at least a couple hundred thousand to one (more like a million to one). And he can bring those forces to bear without fear of losing anything major as those droids can simply be rebuilt.

You could say G0-T0 will tell Revan where Grievous is, but then you could also say that he would tell Grievous where Revan is. G0-T0 will want Grievous to win, as Grievous' droid powerbase is far easier to remove for him than Revan's would be.

I'm gonna have to call shinanagens about Ahsoka being able to beat Magnaguards...not that she can't but if it were that easy for a Padawan to even beat them, then I don't see why Grievous even bothered having them made. But then again...plot armor does rule all. Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I'm gonna have to call shinanagens about Ahsoka being able to beat Magnaguards...not that she can't but if it were that easy for a Padawan to even beat them, then I don't see why Grievous even bothered having them made. But then again...plot armor does rule all.

I think it had more to do with her being a much smaller and more agile target than what they normally fight. Much like her first battle with Grievous (which was completely lame, Grievous should have destroyed her). However, here we have standard height people.

And yes, plot armor does rule all (*points to R2 getting blown to pieces) :p

Edit: Magnaguards actually have defeated Jedi Knights and held their own with Masters.

Edited by Aurbere

We also see Meetra Surik, who just woke up from a coma (drugged) and has lost most of her connection to the Force, defeat hundreds of Traya's (Revan's) assassins with a vibrosword.

I'm not saying Magmaguards will prevent Revan from killing Grievous. I'm saying they'll take out whatever assassins accompany him.

Magmaguards > Assassins

Grievous < Revan

Actually, it was stated in KOTOR 2 that the Assassins had the same strength in the Force as Meetra did at all times because of Kreia and Meetra's bond. Basically, the stronger (or weaker) Meetra was the stronger they would get and vise versa. So, Peragus II Meetra Surik was able to defeat the assassins because they were only as strong as she was at the time.

I think it had more to do with her being a much smaller and more agile target than what they normally fight. Much like her first battle with Grievous (which was completely lame, Grievous should have destroyed her). However, here we have standard height people.

And yes, plot armor does rule all (*points to R2 getting blown to pieces) :p

Edit: Magnaguards actually have defeated Jedi Knights and held their own with Masters.

Thats what I am saying! Plot armor! It only goes down, when the plot calls for it...hence R2 getting blasted and Leia getting shot.

The stars are gonna have to align for Revan to get to Grievous. He is on one ship, one ship among hundreds (more than that). Not only that, but Grievous' fleet numbers will allow him to surround Revan's significantly smaller forces. Unless Revan knows exactly where Grievous is at all times, such a confrontation is incredibly unlikely to occur. It is more likely that Revan will be killed in battle before confronting Grievous.

And don't make Revan's tactical knowledge greater than it is. He may be smart, but he doesn't have the tools to overcome Grievous' massive numbers. Grievous outnumbers Revan's forces at least a couple hundred thousand to one (more like a million to one). And he can bring those forces to bear without fear of losing anything major as those droids can simply be rebuilt.

You could say G0-T0 will tell Revan where Grievous is, but then you could also say that he would tell Grievous where Revan is. G0-T0 will want Grievous to win, as Grievous' droid powerbase is far easier to remove for him than Revan's would be.

Point, but finding Grievous isn't going to be like finding G0-T0. He's going to be leading the charge, striking at Revan's forces personally. Arguably he was a coward, but he wasn't so cowardly that he would shy away from battle. He was a warrior, and would probably (probably) want to test his skills against Revan in combat. He wasn't afraid of Jedi remember, he relished battling and killing them, so why should he be afraid of Revan? And remember the Malevolence? That time Grievous was trying to stay hidden and still the Republic managed to track it down and destroy it.

And Grievous isn't going to avoid a fight, and Revan is smart enough to goad Grievous into a one, perhaps by presenting him with an easy target. Or he could have his assassins infiltrate Grievous' flagship and track/sabotage it so Revan can set a trap. Or he could simply drop out of hyperspace when Grievous attacks his powerbase. Chances are Grievous will come for Revan personally. Revan is not Thrawn, but he's a good if not exemplary tactician. He's not going to lose a space battle to some droid, Grievous has the best chance of defeating him, and Grievous knows that.

In terms of battle strategy, much like Mandalore, Revan can employ hit and run tactics, draw Grievous out with light attacks and then surround him with a full force. It almost defeated Grievous in his last Kaggath, so why not now when Revan has superior tactical skills and forces as well as numbers? (And assassins which a perfect for guerrilla tactics) And Revan can easily overcome Grievous' superior numbers through strategy, he only needs one battle to kill Grievous. And Grievous can't put all his forces in one star system now can he? If Revan strikes quick and fast the General will be too dead to recover.

And it doesn't matter who G0-T0 tips off, G0-T0's best chance of a swift victory is bringing Revan and Grievous together early on so he can eliminate them both simultaneously. Which gives Revan the chance he needs to kill Grievous.

Sorry if I just seem to be supporting Revan here, but Revan fanboi turn out seems to be surprisingly low... :p

P.S Concerning the Magnaguards Ashoka actually was almost killed by them, but managed to escape or was saved if I recall. She did not defeat them however. Still, this is Revan we are talking about. He can beat Magnaguards. We also have to consider what would happen if Revan brought Dark Jedi with him. And Malak.

EDIT: I stand corrected, Ashoka did beat those Magnaguards. 3 of them, apparently it was a difficult fight. I would call plot armour but we also have to remember that Ashoka was actually an exemplary padawan, and could go toe-to-toe with Asajj Ventress. (Who apparently pwns everyone :p)

Edited by Beniboybling

Point, but finding Grievous isn't going to be like finding G0-T0. He's going to be leading the charge, striking at Revan's forces personally. Arguably he was a coward, but he wasn't so cowardly that he would shy away from battle. He was a warrior, and would probably (probably) want to test his skills against Revan in combat. He wasn't afraid of Jedi remember, he relished battling and killing them, so why should he be afraid of Revan? And remember the Malevolence? That time Grievous was trying to stay hidden and still the Republic managed to track it down and destroy it.

And Grievous isn't going to avoid a fight, and Revan is smart enough to goad Grievous into a one, perhaps by presenting him with an easy target. Or he could have his assassins infiltrate Grievous' flagship and track/sabotage it so Revan can set a trap. Or he could simply drop out of hyperspace when Grievous attacks his powerbase. Chances are Grievous will come for Revan personally. Revan is not Thrawn, but he's a good if not exemplary tactician. He's not going to lose a space battle to some droid, Grievous has the best chance of defeating him, and Grievous knows that.

In terms of battle strategy, much like Mandalore, Revan can employ hit and run tactics, draw Grievous out with light attacks and then surround him with a full force. It almost defeated Grievous in his last Kaggath, so why not now when Revan has superior tactical skills and forces as well as numbers? (And assassins which a perfect for guerrilla tactics) And Revan can easily overcome Grievous' superior numbers through strategy, he only needs one battle to kill Grievous. And Grievous can't put all his forces in one star system now can he? If Revan strikes quick and fast the General will be too dead to recover.

And it doesn't matter who G0-T0 tips off, G0-T0's best chance of a swift victory is bringing Revan and Grievous together early on so he can eliminate them both simultaneously. Which gives Revan the chance he needs to kill Grievous.

Sorry if I just seem to be supporting Revan here, but Revan fanboi turn out seems to be surprisingly low... :p

P.S Concerning the Magnaguards Ashoka actually was almost killed by them, but managed to escape or was saved if I recall. She did not defeat them however. Still, this is Revan we are talking about. He can beat Magnaguards. We also have to consider what would happen if Revan brought Dark Jedi with him. And Malak.

EDIT: I stand corrected, Ashoka did beat those Magnaguards. 3 of them, apparently it was a difficult fight. I would call plot armour but we also have to remember that Ashoka was actually an exemplary padawan, and could go toe-to-toe with Asajj Ventress. (Who apparently pwns everyone :p)

The Malevolence was destroying everything it encountered (even Plo Koon's fleet :(). I forget how they found it, but they didn't find it until it was actually known.

Malgus won due to his stealthed fleet. Revan doesn't have that.

You are right about Grievous wanting to fight Revan, but he doesn't actually have to fight him. He could easily overwhelm and outmaneuver Revan's forces. Revan is not Thrawn (glad we agree on that as Thrawn would utterly destroy Revan). Revan is not an ista-win tactician either. Thrawn lost his share of battles. Don't say that Revan is going to win every space battle that he is apart of. Not when he is facing superior numbers. Any victory he gets will severely damage his forces to the point where he needs to bring forces from other fleets to supply his own, weakening his other forces. Grievous doesn't share that weakness. His forces are so vast that he could draw only a small number from a few fleets and his main fleet would be back to full strength.

Grievous can bring the majority of his forces to a single battle. Remember Coruscant? The majority of the Republic navy had to fall back to Coruscant to counter the massive fleet Grievous had. Revan doesn't have the same numbers that the Republic fleet had.

By the time Grievous finally encounters Revan, Revan's forces will be too weak to stop him. How do you propose Revan get to Grievous' ship in that condition? He's gonna have to get past thousands of fighters, buzz droids, and battle cruisers. Obi-Wan and Anakin (best pilot in the Jedi Order) barely made it to Grievous' ship, and they had the Republic fleet distracting the majority of the CIS forces. The minute Revan's starship exits his flagship, his survivability goes down (way down).

Assuming Revan makes it past all of that, he then has to get past hordes of Battle Droids with Grievous watching his movements. I'm struggling to see how Revan can beat the odds set against him. He's no Obi-Wan and Anakin.

Edit: And Beni, stop trying to compensate for the lack of Revanites! :p

Edited by Aurbere

I think people are seriously underestimating Revan's forces...

1. A bunch of dark force users (many are able to use force lightning, which would be fairly effective against droids)

2. Grievous isn't the only one with powerful battle droids that have shield generators...

3. I assume superweapons are banned from this, otherwise Revan has the Star Forge...

In other words...

Grievous has a droid army, while Revan has an army of Droids, sith, and regular soldiers...

So it is rather unlikely that Grievous gets much of an advantage with having droids as soldiers...

The magna guards would be fairly easy for Revan, Malek, or anyone else that can use force lighting to simply fry them...

So the fight between Revan and Grievous boils down to whom is the better tactician and while Revan is no Thrawn, he was still a fairly brilliant tactician.

At best Grievous will end up in a one on one against Revan, whom completely outclasses Grievous.

However while the two armies are busy duking it out, G0-T0 would probably be quietly hacking droids on both sides and then the winner of the battle between Grievous and Revan will be deleted almost immediately afterward (if nothing else G0-T0 would just have the ship the victor is on suddenly self-destruct).

I think people are seriously underestimating Revan's forces...

1. A bunch of dark force users (many are able to use force lightning, which would be fairly effective against droids)

2. Grievous isn't the only one with powerful battle droids that have shield generators...

3. I assume superweapons are banned from this, otherwise Revan has the Star Forge...

In other words...

Grievous has a droid army, while Revan has an army of Droids, sith, and regular soldiers...

So it is rather unlikely that Grievous gets much of an advantage with having droids as soldiers...

The magna guards would be fairly easy for Revan, Malek, or anyone else that can use force lighting to simply fry them...

So the fight between Revan and Grievous boils down to whom is the better tactician and while Revan is no Thrawn, he was still a fairly brilliant tactician.

At best Grievous will end up in a one on one against Revan, whom completely outclasses Grievous.

However while the two armies are busy duking it out, G0-T0 would probably be quietly hacking droids on both sides and then the winner of the battle between Grievous and Revan will be deleted almost immediately afterward (if nothing else G0-T0 would just have the ship the victor is on suddenly self-destruct).

1. Dark Jedi? You remember the Geonosis Arena, right? Where even some of the most powerful Jedi would have been killed if not for the timely arrival of Master Yoda?

2. Yeah, and those droids will be blown to bits by Hailfire droids, AAT's, Armored Tank Droids, and the rest.

3. No Star Forge.

What does Revan have that Grievous can't beat through Trillions of droids? Can Revan keep up with Grievous' production power? Is Revan's Empire galaxy-wide? Can his forces fight battles across the galaxy?

Revan will lose more battles than he wins, and any battles he does win will severely damage his forces. Any forces Grievous loses will be quickly replaced.

1. Dark Jedi? You remember the Geonosis Arena, right? Where even some of the most powerful Jedi would have been killed if not for the timely arrival of Master Yoda?

If you think Revan would just throw his SIth at all those droids without some kind of support, you are seriously underestimating Revan.

2. Yeah, and those droids will be blown to bits by Hailfire droids, AAT's, Armored Tank Droids, and the rest.

Just because we didn't see Revan's forces using tanks, and other ground and air vehicles, doesn't mean his forces didn't have them... I mean seriously, considering the fact air speeders, landspeeders, etc. were already common in Revan's time; it stands to reason that both the Republic and Revan's Sith Forces had combat vehicles...

I'm sorry but something the size of an AAT wouldn't have been able to function effectively on Taris for example...

3. No Star Forge.

That means Grievous doesn't have his super weapons either...

What does Revan have that Grievous can't beat through Trillions of droids? Can Revan keep up with Grievous' production power? Is Revan's Empire galaxy-wide? Can his forces fight battles across the galaxy?

So let me get this straight, you're saying Revan suddenly has 0 production facilities of his own? Revan had control of shipyards, he had industial complexes that could produce mass quantities of battle droids... The Republic would have been evenly matched against Revan WITHOUT him using the Star Forge, it wasn't exactly his only production facility...

Revan will lose more battles than he wins, and any battles he does win will severely damage his forces. Any forces Grievous loses will be quickly replaced.

Except you're ignoring the fact Revan has production facilities of his own... Grievous probably would be about evenly matched concerning production of military hardware...

If you think Revan would just throw his SIth at all those droids without some kind of support, you are seriously underestimating Revan.

I never said that, my point was that Dark Jedi can be defeated by superior numbers. You can send in back-up, but how many forces will it take? A single Lucrehulk cruiser carries almost four hundred thousand battle droids, plus seven thousand tanks. That's one Lucrehulk. Grievous has a ton of them.

Just because we didn't see Revan's forces using tanks, and other ground and air vehicles, doesn't mean his forces didn't have them... I mean seriously, considering the fact air speeders, landspeeders, etc. were already common in Revan's time; it stands to reason that both the Republic and Revan's Sith Forces had combat vehicles...

I'm sorry but something the size of an AAT wouldn't have been able to function effectively on Taris for example...

Never said he didn't have them. Simply saying that those shielded droids can be destroyed by Grievous' vehicles. If one man can do it, a tank can too.

That means Grievous doesn't have his super weapons either...

Already knew that. It's in the rules.

So let me get this straight, you're saying Revan suddenly has 0 production facilities of his own? Revan had control of shipyards, he had industial complexes that could produce mass quantities of battle droids... The Republic would have been evenly matched against Revan WITHOUT him using the Star Forge, it wasn't exactly his only production facility...

Never said that. And you know Revan was facing a Republic just coming off of two wars, right? Saying that he is evenly matched against a weak Republic doesn't say much.

Except you're ignoring the fact Revan has production facilities of his own... Grievous probably would be about evenly matched concerning production of military hardware...

So let me get this straight. You are telling me that Revan can put out the same production power of the Kuat Shipyards (a monster shipyard during the Clone Wars), Rothana Shipyards, and Balmorra. Not to mention the other shipyards under the control of the Galactic Republic. Even then the Republic was having trouble in the beginning of the Clone Wars.

Edited by Aurbere

Honestly, I have to agree with those who said G0-T0. Revan and Grievous would be mashing against each other pretty good and while G0-T0 would be destroyed in a fair fight against either of them I think Revan and Grievous would be working against each other. Revan might want to take Go-T0 out first, but I doubt Grievous would give him the chance. Regardless which side won against the two of them, Grievous would have quantity advantage while Revan's forces had more quality, whoever surivived would be an a position for a droid revolution and exchange sab teams. If Revan beat Grievous, he'd be vulnerable to his fleet turning against him and bombing him (as well as the risk of Malek turning on him which isn't all that unlikely :rolleyes:). If Grievous won against Revan then he is royally in trouble because a droid revolt takes out pretty much all his forces and I doubt Grievous would be able to run and hide from G0T0.

Asajj Ventress dominated Ahsoka as I recalll.

"Revan fanboi turn out is kind low." - lol yeah I haven't been doing a whole lot have I?

But you made several good points in there. If Malgus beat Greivous then surely Revan can beat him.

Malgus won because of his stealthed forces. Revan doesn't have that.

Malgus won because of his stealthed forces. Revan doesn't have that.

Malgus also wasn't quite as good of a tactician that Revan was...

Really though G0-T0 has this in the bag, the fact he has no real military forces aside from the HK-50s means that he quite simply won't show up for the major battles, while Grievous and Revan are slugging it out, G0-T0 will quietly be setting up the deaths of his opponents.

It's tough to take on an opponent that is operating by totally different set of rules than you are.

Malgus also wasn't quite as good of a tactician that Revan was...

Really though G0-T0 has this in the bag, the fact he has no real military forces aside from the HK-50s means that he quite simply won't show up for the major battles, while Grievous and Revan are slugging it out, G0-T0 will quietly be setting up the deaths of his opponents.

It's tough to take on an opponent that is operating by totally different set of rules than you are.

True on both accounts. I don't think it really matters who wins the battle, because G0-T0 can simply eliminate the victor. He doesn't operate in the same way these guys do. They just don't have the tools to deal with an opponent like G0-T0. They'll be fighting on his terms, not their own.

True on both accounts. I don't think it really matters who wins the battle, because G0-T0 can simply eliminate the victor. He doesn't operate in the same way these guys do. They just don't have the tools to deal with an opponent like G0-T0. They'll be fighting on his terms, not their own.

G0-T0 certainly operates differently, but I don't think that's the reason he has a appearent advantage. His biggest advantage comes from not being a part of the war and abstaining.

I think if it was just Revan vs G0-T0 or Greivous vs G0-T0 that it could be a different fight.

Also, if G0-T0 can't have the victor of Revan or Greivous assassinated right after the battle, then he loses a big part of that advantage. He has to get them killed very quickly after their victory.

Question: what is G0-T0's proposed way of having Revan assassinated? How will he accomplish this?

Question: What is G0-T0's proposed way of having Revan assassinated? How will he accomplish this?

Uhhh.... Well, there are like 5 senarios G0-T0 supporters have thought up.....

I think the most probable will be the final confrontation. Grievous and Revan have one giant space battle over... where ever. It might be because G0-T0 nudged them in that direction, or it could be where the war eventually ends up. Either way, G0-T0 knows what's going down and comes to join the party. G0-T0 enacts the gravity well, which is on his stealthed yacht, to keep both trapped and fighting to the death. G0-T0 and/or his forces board both flagships during the fray (using his stealthed yacht) and sabotauge the vessels. The Zhug Brothers and G0-T0's personal droids could pull this off. Meanwhile, G0-T0 sends strike teams of Ubese assassins, HK-50s, and Gand to the bridges of both vessels. Last time Revan was "killed" when his ship was fired upon while battling a small strike team. The same could happen again. Or, his ship could be blown up by the sabotaugers. Grievous might be able to destroy the strike team sent after him (might) but G0-T0 has the fail-safe of just exploding that ship as well. And with the gravity well enacted, even if either of them somehow manage to esacape, they won't be able to leave anytime soon. The raging battle could just destroy whatever escape pod/ new ship they flee to.

Hence G0-T0 can take them both out in one fell swoop.