Invisible boss mechanics on firebrand and Storm caller tanks?

I watched a video for this fight and now I am really scared.

Reason being is because on Monday, we were working on SOA and during one attempt, I, all of a sudden started taking a lot of damage on the first phase as well another player was. People in vent were telling him to get out of the circle. Problem is, I saw no aoe circles on my screen. I moved on top of other players and a few seconds later, 'poof'! massive fully grown aoe circles appeared on my screen.

Then last night we made a few mistakes on Fabricator so we had to run mutliple attempts. On the last two, I was working the puzzle and missed the message for incoming droids. I saw no droids when suddenly, 'pop' and I had a dot on me. On the last attempt, I had to keep an eye out for the message and hit overlead when I suspected droids being there. Eventually in both cases they started appearring after some time.

I don't recall this being an issue prior to 1.2 but do hope it is being addressed.

We ran into this issue as well (invisible lightning pillars) on our 16-man run. Oddly enough when a group did an 8-man they had no issues. Everyone who was getting caught in the invisible AoEs tried the obvious workarounds (lower graphic settings) but it didn't help.

As someone mentioned the AoEs on the 1st phase of Soa presenting the same issues, we experienced those as well some time ago. We figured out an area where those puddles didn't drop and it was never an issue again. This, however, is a completely different animal with the placement being completely random. For those taking damage it doesn't jump out that you are losing more life than you should be until it is too late.

Difficult is fine. In fact, it's a good thing. But story mode is supposed to be so that you can "see" the content and the mechanics. A fully Rakata geared 16-man should not be continually wiping within the 1st phase of this fight because people position around both tanks cant see the lightning pillars.

If your players are capable of watching their healthbars, they can move out of invisible lightning spheres. Just put your 4 smartest and fastest reacting ranged dps or healers (we used 2 dps 2 heals in 16 man) on the ground. It will be easy.

The best part about this fight is all the minor tweaks you need to make before a kill. It's very easy to see progress from beginning to end in hard mode 16, there is no brick wall. We never even saw the enrage timer in 16 man on any wipes or the kill.

A few 16 man HM tips:

We found keeping 3 ranged on the ground off the tanks kept the domes from spawning on the tanks but if your ranged are prone to dying it's probably safer to go with 4.

Another tip which might help - we found that most people in our raid saw the blue domes consistently if they reduced the camera distance from their character for this encounter. Your mileage may vary.

Edited by jingadingdangdo

I had same issue regarding the aoe effects, for some reason it only shows until 15-20 secs inot the fight, its not a game breaking bug but its annoying.

I am currently trying to change grafical settings to see if this helps, my pc isent low spec but not high spec either.

I suspect this is a problem bigger than just this boss fight. When I first fought Karagga - I couldn't see the fire/oil patches until I died. The second time I fought him they appeared as they should. And the third time I fought him they appeared about 30sec into the fight, all of them in one go.

Very few people had this issue, nobody else in the raid, and only 2 other people that I know of ever reported it. Also these encounters wernt recently, but in like early March. I wasn't sure if it was my PC or what.

There's been a lot more complaint about it on this fight, and it may have something to do with just the immense amount of stuff 'dropping on the floor' in this fight that you have to watch out for. That for some reason - the game just isnt loading the visuals for them for the early part of the fight.

I've also had this same issue in Lost Island. Not against the first boss, but against the little Robot trash that spawn a blue lightning aoe. Sometimes I dont see them at all. Rarely, but it's definitely happened.

We had quite a few people who couldnt see the blue spheres, or red missile circles on this fight as well. Its just something you have to heal through at this point, but if its something that remains in nightmare it might not be able to be overcame.

This bug happened on soa too in p1 we had members who couldnt see the aoe things on that fight either. Also the cannoneers i believe it is for trash mobs red circle isnt always visible, which always leads to a few deaths.

One day this issue will be fixed...hopefully not too many people have quit by then. The best part is, threads about "unbalanced" classes get 10 times more attention than threads like these. Guess I'm naive for thinking that bioware would give a damn about fixing end game PVE lol.

WAIT! I GOT IT!

SORCERER OP! NERF NERF NERF!! TOO MUCH UTILITY, AND BURST, AND SURVIVEABILITY!!! MUST NERF!!!! TOO REAL FOR LE COMMUNITY!!!!!

k... should get a gold post by the end of the day...

Edited by drunknurse

Our whole raid is having massive issues in regards to all the issues discussed here.

We had no issues last week on 8 man. Did 16 this week and graphically this is pretty game breaking.

Bioware needs to hotfix and respond to this now.

Our whole raid is having massive issues in regards to all the issues discussed here.

We had no issues last week on 8 man. Did 16 this week and graphically this is pretty game breaking.

Bioware needs to hotfix and respond to this now.

I honestly even wouldn't mind if fixing this issue caused nightmare to be delayed a whole month, even though it shouldn't. If this issue is still around when they release nightmare Denova this game wont last much longer. Why should we pay 15 bucks a month to raid in a broken *** game Bioware? Explain that please...

We had the same issue last night on HM8, and have had the issue on Soa phase 1 frequently as well. I've never had the issue in LI, but I have grouped with people who have. Last week and the previous week we had no issues in EC on either HM or Normal, and our first pull last night we had no issues.

Changing graphics settings around had no affect for me (although I didn't try changing camera distance yet), and although I don't have a serious gaming rig I am able to run playably on max settings in an 8 man if I choose. Could be a hardware driver issue, but really it just seems like an issue where certain people aren't getting the effects loaded in correctly prior to the fight during certain circumstances (whether it's the first pull or later, whether you've died and been rezzed, etc).

this bug is actually quite old. we first noticed it on 16man soa phase1 after a first wipe.

certain effects during a raid only become visible a few seconds into the fight (like the big void zones on phase1 soa, sometimes the black ground on karagga and the effects from stormbrand and firecaller)

it does not happen to 100% of people but I would say 70-90% (at least in our raid)

after a while the effects spawn properly for everyone (it's only the first say 10-30 seconds that are a real problem)

the bug spreads across all sorts of systems (nvidia and ati cards and all sorts of drivers) for some reason a select few do not suffer from the bug at all (we use them to call voidzones out on soa and stand on the ground on FB&SC)

I reported this bug every fricken time it occurred (updating the ticket on the go) since soa and I am fed up and tired that this has carried over for so long.

I know that casuals who get stuck on tython pay the bills and we who want to raid are worthless scum with no life etc etc. It's just that if a bug exists for that long I begin to question BW's ability to fix it at all.

My favourite bug at the moment is the debuff not showing on Nightmare pilgram. You stop dps check if you have the debuff, check again to make sure, wait another 5 seconds, still no debuff, ok i can hit the target, oh look debuff pops, i am dead

this bug is actually quite old. we first noticed it on 16man soa phase1 after a first wipe.

certain effects during a raid only become visible a few seconds into the fight (like the big void zones on phase1 soa, sometimes the black ground on karagga and the effects from stormbrand and firecaller)

it does not happen to 100% of people but I would say 70-90% (at least in our raid)

after a while the effects spawn properly for everyone (it's only the first say 10-30 seconds that are a real problem)

the bug spreads across all sorts of systems (nvidia and ati cards and all sorts of drivers) for some reason a select few do not suffer from the bug at all (we use them to call voidzones out on soa and stand on the ground on FB&SC)

I reported this bug every fricken time it occurred (updating the ticket on the go) since soa and I am fed up and tired that this has carried over for so long.

I know that casuals who get stuck on tython pay the bills and we who want to raid are worthless scum with no life etc etc. It's just that if a bug exists for that long I begin to question BW's ability to fix it at all.

We noticed that bug too, but phase 1 soa is like 20 seconds.

the invisible reticles are caused by having your camera positioned to where theres a wall between the camera and your character

I never noticed this until I was healing firebrand and on the ground dodging spires

There's 2 easy ways to avoid this, zoom your camera in closer or turn off smart camera and turn so the camera is looking at you from the entrance

Unless it is an invisible wall that i can walk through, I am not sure that is the case, but I can try messing with zoom on the next fights. It just seems odd that without changing zoom I can see the effects on the first attempt, but only sporadically on the following attempts.

Last night, after first attempts, could not see the green/red squares for Vorgath's minefield, and also could not see the ground AoE on Kephess.

• 3 months later...
the invisible reticles are caused by having your camera positioned to where theres a wall between the camera and your character

I never noticed this until I was healing firebrand and on the ground dodging spires

There's 2 easy ways to avoid this, zoom your camera in closer or turn off smart camera and turn so the camera is looking at you from the entrance

ahh this Bugs are because there is a "wall" between me and the camera.. okay