Question of the Day 4/17/2013

CourtneyWoods

While going through SWTOR’s class story, which Chapter is your favorite?

Personal Answer: Obviously it really depends on the class. I'll answer for Inquisitor, since that was the most recent story I completed. I personally like Chapter 3 the most.

I loved seeing the conflict with Thanaton finally coming to a head, while my character was quickly losing her mind to ghosts at the same time. And of course, becoming a Dark Council member was pretty awesome. I kept the ghosts bound to her. What can I say? I got used to having the power :jawa_evil:

The Imperial Agent story is the best by far, and the Chapter 3 culmination of that story is amazing. Everyone who would be interested in the sort of intrigue you might expect when you hear the words, "Imperial Agent' should play it.

Whomever wrote that story deserves the gaming industry's equivalent of a Grammy or Emmy or whatever.

Edited by DarthTHC

Imperial Agent: ALL OF IT. But if I had to pick, I'd say Chapter 2, or at least the end of it. The slow building of resentment, the questioning of your (character's) loyalties and your morality, to the choice of what you want to do with your very being and then do you revenge yourself against the immediate oppressor or the one you believe orchestrated it all?

Chapter 2 of the Imperial Agent was definitely my favorite.

The moment I heard "onomatophobia" I knew there was going to some crazy sh*t happening. Also, Watcher X is still one of my favorite NPC's.

But I'd probably just as well agree with Tatile , all of it was my favorite.

Whomever wrote that story deserves the gaming industry's equivalent of a Grammy or Emmy or whatever.

Alexander Freed. He wrote Imperial Makeb too. Became freelance writer in October.

Edited by chuixupu

The best chapter is the one where the sniper in our guild makes us all sandwiches with this

http://www.wellpromo.com/upload/upimg47/Sandwich-Maker-7547.jpg

Or the end of Chapter 1 of the Sith Warrior story. The epic battle with Nomen Karr, watching him become evil and then turning his padawan on him and turning her dark side.

But seriously Courtney.....the first part. You know who this is :D

Edited by ExpertMantis

Haven't leveled an Agent yet, but I loved watching my friend's playthrough as we leveled together. Looking forward to doing my own sometime soon, since he made choices I wouldn't. :p

For myself... I love my Bounty Hunter, but for a single favorite chapter, I think I may have to pick Sith Warrior's chapter 1. I had so many (relatively speaking) choices of how to handle interesting situations, and even if the effects were only short-term, I enjoyed the feeling that I was making policy decisions on my own terms, and not just making simple "kill or not" decisions like on my BH.

For instance, on Nar Shaddaa, you can choose how to deal with that group of Republic soldiers both right after you fight them... AND after you use them, if you let them live the first time. Likewise, you can decide Rathari's fate, and being in that position felt super ******. :p

All the turning points leading up to the end of the chapter were also great. Should I fight these guys? Should I try to provoke them into going Dark Side? What about Jaesa's parents? Lots of interesting choices to be made, which let me feel more in control of my Warrior and the method to his madness.

This is a hard one. Imperial Agent Chapter 3 as a whole is mind-blowing, no need to explain there, but I have a personal love of the end of Chapter 1 of the Sith Warrior story because it lets my Sith Warrior really affirm his position in the galaxy as a light sided Sith.

Personal Answer: Obviously it really depends on the class. I'll answer for Inquisitor, since that was the most recent story I completed. I personally like Chapter 3 the most.

I loved seeing the conflict with Thanaton finally coming to a head, while my character was quickly losing her mind to ghosts at the same time. And of course, becoming a Dark Council member was pretty awesome. I kept the ghosts bound to her. What can I say? I got used to having the power :jawa_evil:

I preferred inquisitor 3 to IA. Chapter 2 IA was close but I loved the final scene where you fight you know who.

My favorite was IA Ch 2. The writing was superb.

The way the writer used the game mechanics like the dialogue wheel to get across the sense of not being in control of your character was amazing. I've never been so emotionally invested in a game's story arc as I was in that chapter. I HATED Hunter and Kothe.

JK Ch 3 was also pretty darn awesome.

From the end of Chapter 2 on, just fabulous. I'm so glad I managed to avoid spoilers for it - had no idea what would happen. Complete shock when we got captured. And then Lord Scourge's defection to your side...delicious. Probably the most epic storyline of all of the classes - you get to go up against the freaking Emperor!

The Trooper's chaper 2. It's been a long time since i completed that on my trooper, but by the stars. That is the only story in the whole game where i was left wondering if my trooper and the entire galaxy is going to survive, or if the imperial doomsday weapon would destroy our fleets and blockade our planets and all that. I actually was cautious whenever i made a jump during that chapter... :p

I play as a Jedi Guardian, and my favourite was the final mission when preparing to fight the emperor. Sadly the mission was a bit of a disappointment because it looked like Dromund Kaas was 100% deserted with no resistance; the emperor was extremely easy to beat, and I would of loved having 2 companions with me during the fight. But regardless it still felt a epic and that's why it was my favourite.

Edited by MastaKorgy

I play as a Jedi Guardian, and my favourite was the final mission when preparing to fight the emperor. Sadly the mission was a bit of a disappointment because it looked like Dromund Kaas was 100% deserted with no resistance; the emperor was extremely easy to beat, and I would of loved having 2 companions with me during the fight. But regardless it still felt a epic and that's why it was my favourite.

How do you know it wasn't merely an elaborate replica of Dromund Kaas and the real Emperor is still out there, waiting?

Dun dun dun.

I have to say that I agree with some people that my favorite was the 1st chapter of the Sith Warrior.

It has some of the intrigue of the Imperial Agent story, as well as the corruption of a Padawan that I expected from the Sith Inquisitor Story line, and being able to convert Jasea to the Dark Side, or having her as a willing Light Side apprentice, just left me feeling disappointed in my Sorc, and her lack of ability to corrupt a Jedi similarly.

I think the end of chapter 1 of the Warrior story was my favourite. It was the first time I completed chapter 1, and the whole ordeal felt extremely epic and satisfying. The conclusion of chapter 3 had that too, but chapter 1 felt more awesome at the time.

The endings of Agent chapter 2 and Knight chapter 1 were also quite memorable. The rest I played was very good too.

Probably Sith Warrior chapter three. Between the Quinncident and that final confrontation, there's a whole lot of win going on in that thing.

Plus. Y'know.

Sith Warrior: You are depleted, Baras. You hover a breath away from destruction.

Darth Baras: No! My powers abandon me!

Sith Warrior: Drink in the faces of your fellows. See your disgrace reflected in their awed eyes.

Dath Baras: Pah! I call upon the Dark Council to kill this fool! Now! The Emperor commands it! Darth Marr! Strike on the Emperor's behalf, or suffer his disfavour!

Darth Marr: I believe I'll take my chances.

Darth Baras: Ravage! Has your sense left you as well? Defend me! Defend the Voice!

Darth Ravage: I will not stand in the path of the Emperor's Wrath.

Darth Baras: You think you've won? You think you can silence the Emperor's True Voice? Deliver the death blow, then! From beyond darkness, I shall strike at you! Some day, vengeance will be mine!

Sith Warrior: I wash the galaxy clean of you.

My favourite part of the game, right there.

I may be in the minority but I really liked chapter one of the Smuggler story, mostly for the dialogue. There were a lot of genuinely funny moments and some great back and forths with Skavak. Edited by DaRoamer

Probably Sith Warrior chapter three. Between the Quinncident and that final confrontation, there's a whole lot of win going on in that thing.

Plus. Y'know.

Sith Warrior: You are depleted, Baras. You hover a breath away from destruction.

Darth Baras: No! My powers abandon me!

Sith Warrior: Drink in the faces of your fellows. See your disgrace reflected in their awed eyes.

Dath Baras: Pah! I call upon the Dark Council to kill this fool! Now! The Emperor commands it! Darth Marr! Strike on the Emperor's behalf, or suffer his disfavour!

Darth Marr: I believe I'll take my chances.

Darth Baras: Ravage! Has your sense left you as well? Defend me! Defend the Voice!

Darth Ravage: I will not stand in the path of the Emperor's Wrath.

Darth Baras: You think you've won? You think you can silence the Emperor's True Voice? Deliver the death blow, then! From beyond darkness, I shall strike at you! Some day, vengeance will be mine!

Sith Warrior: I wash the galaxy clean of you.

My favourite part of the game, right there.

The Quinncident! I was like "whaaaa" when that happened. I had a sad for a bit.

Well...

I haven't played Jedi Knight yet, but I bet I'll like it.

From what I've played so far...

1.) Sith Warrior chapter 3

I really love the background music when you finally get to kill Baras. After having to play his errand boy for so long it feels great to finally kill him. (Mocking Baras throughout the story is one of the best things about being a SW)

2. Imperial Agent chapter 2

Actually, I don't like chapter 3 so much, but chapter 2 blew my mind. And despite everything, I couldn't bring myself to hate Ardun Kothe and on my one DS Agent that killed Chance I really had to force myself to do this. Chapter 2 is really, really great.

3.) Inquisitor chapter 3

I don't really like most of the Inquisitor's storyline and I find Belsavis and Voss annoying, but testing the weapon (forget what it was called), Corellia and on top of it, Korriban was great.

The backround music before Thanaton dies is awesome as well. I don't really like the Dromund Kaas part though.

4.) Bounty Hunter chapter 1

The beginning of the BH story was really great. You had to find your bounties in a different way on each planet. It didn't feel repetitive. After chapter 1 however (or rather after Taris), I didn't like the direction the story took. The winners of the great hunt killed and Torian being kidnapped were lightning up the story, but other than that it wasn't as great as the others.

I usually find chapter 1 the best and I get a bit disappointed the way the story usually ties off in a major way at the end of the first chapter in most cases...I felt this was certainly the case for bounty hunter and trooper....I couldn't tell you what happens to either in chapter 2 & 3 as its not that memorable but both chapter 1's were great.

Jedi & Smuggler had better continuity between chapters with an overall better story arc and I found the Consular storyline a bit bland.

Looking forward to exploring the other classes in full.

I may be in the minority but I really liked chapter one of the Smuggler story, mostly for the dialogue. There were a lot of genuinely funny moments and some great back and forths with Skavak.

I'm right with you; my first character was a 'Slinger, and the writing in that first chapter established her as a wisecracking, heart-o-gold type really well. Roleplaying against fusty, serious Jedi was - and is - a hoot! And then there's

finally finishing Skavak off with Dirty Kick. That stuff just doesn't get old, I'm telling you.

Trooper Chapter 1, hands down. Agent is awesome too but Trooper was the first story I played.

From butting heads with Jorgan in the first scene all the way to backing him up

on Nar Shaddaa as he races to find out what happened to the Deadeyes

and the first real steps to mutual respect (and mutual attraction for my FemTrooper) Jorgan really feels like the best, most balanced and fleshed out friendship to romance of the game.

Not to mention I was traipsing from planet to planet

putting the traitors of Havoc Squad out of their misery (man it felt good to put Needles and Gearbox in the ground.) When I finally had Tavus under the muzzle of my auto cannon, about to repay him for the slap Jorgan had to take for his selfish betrayal, I felt like Jorgan and I were really a squad.

I had thought that I was going to spend my entire story chasing Tavus down. I was thrilled to discover that the story was just starting. Best feeling looking at my future romantic interest and realizing that we had an uncharted road ahead of us. I still drag Jorgan around as my FemTrooper's back up. Cat's got her back.