Marauder vs Avatar of Sel-Makor (A Long Forgotten Evil)

SodaOfYoda

I had no issues... Started off

Charge > Deadly Saber > Battering Assault > Rupture > Annihilate > into standard rotation of maintaining Annihilator and DoTs. Used Obfuscate, once it wore off popped Saber Ward and Cloak of Pain at once.

I was almost dead by the second time Berserk was up, so I busted Undying Rage, Berserk, medpack. Almost dead a second time, so I cloaked. Avatar went for Quinn, I came out of cloak and went back to town from about 50% HP. Killed him no problem.

Damn I'm Carnage. Being able to dot him definitely would helps, as well as those heals. He keeps spamming aoe force choke, force storm, and that aoe blast.

Using medpacs/stims and get him close, but he always gets the best of me on the last quarter of his health.

Edited by SodaOfYoda

I'm anni spec.

Used Vette.

Laid on bleeds, kited him when the aoe was going off if I couldnt interupt, kept him the opposite side of the platform thing to vette with his back to her so nothing he does hits her.

I was a level; below the mission when i did it, with vette in all ornage gear modded up with blue/purple barrels and armor .

• 2 weeks later...
Annihilation spec with Quinn. Used all my CDs and medpacs when needed, use Disruption when he tries to cast Thundering Blast and Intimidating Roar and Force Choke if Disruption is onCD, and stay out of the Force Storm. I won by doing this. Edited by Ardim

Went toe to toe with him with a Rage Spec Marauder using Jaesa as a companion... sent her in first, then started building up for the smash crit, after the smash I then used an interrupt and force choke to buy time for the next smash after that he was pretty low on life and wasn't a challenge.

Kill him with Quinn, no kiting or something else. Use cloak of pain at start of fight, kicking cast him with interrupt, force choke. Nearly 30% of his HP, i can't interrupt cast and my HP down quickly from 50% to 17% for several seconds. I using undying rage at 10% of my HP + potion + Quinn healing + 20 min CD to restore HP, at end of fight i have 30% hp.

Kill him on 1 try on 47 lvl, rage spec. But i'm no see something special in this spec to this fight, all defensive CD which i use, can be used in other specs.

Edited by rtorsten

• 2 weeks later...

Wow this guy is a piece of... He is chain casting without a single break between. I have to throw all my interrupts/defenses at him within the first 6 seconds of the fight and they are successful but not even slowing him down. He's recasting the same instant. Is nonstop chain casting normal or did I get a bugged version of him tonight?

I'm a Carnage build using Quinn.

Edited by Reil

With Carnage your only hope is to burn him before he burns you. He took me 3 tries because I listened to someone else's advice about taking a healer companion. I took out Vette my 3rd attempt and had no problems. Just be sure you chain cooldowns and use everything at your disposal to stop him from casting.

Edit: lol necro.

Edited by Tumri

With Carnage your only hope is to burn him before he burns you. He took me 3 tries because I listened to someone else's advice about taking a healer companion. I took out Vette my 3rd attempt and had no problems. Just be sure you chain cooldowns and use everything at your disposal to stop him from casting.

Edit: lol necro.

Yeah I'm stringing every form of interrupt and cool down I own along with moving out of any ground indicators. I only tried him twice since it was already after midnight. I'll try your trick and run a gear update on Vette and try again this evening. Someone also mentioned AOE..good call. I just realized that I skipped my AOE dmg reduction in my Carnage tree in favor of something else. I'll fix that too :)

That's the class quest with the voice of the emperor right?

Never had a problem as a carnage marauder

Interrupts,30% less aoe dmg talent and that was it

No it's the Heart of Darkness quest line. The Class quest was a walk in the park in comparison hehe.

• 1 year later...
Wow this guy is a piece of... He is chain casting without a single break between. I have to throw all my interrupts/defenses at him within the first 6 seconds of the fight and they are successful but not even slowing him down. He's recasting the same instant. Is nonstop chain casting normal or did I get a bugged version of him tonight?

I'm a Carnage build using Quinn.

No, no bug, that's what I am getting too. I lost count how many times I have tried and failed at this guy over the past week. 10 failes already tonight and I am losing too many credits on Med Robot Visits. Tried several companions, tried kiting, tiried hiding behind pillars, nothing. I am 48 Marauder and still get my ***** kicked by this guy. I'll have to just keep grinding and come back at 49 and try again.