Maintenance: January 12, 2021

CommunityTeam

• Dev Post

Hey everyone,

We will be taking all servers offline for back-end maintenance on January 12, 2021.

Details:

DATE: January 12, 2021

TIME: 5:00AM - 8:00AM PST (1300 - 1600 UTC)

VERSION: n/a

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

When do you plan to iron out the still buggy SoV FP (Rass Ordo still rank 1 despite patch 6.2a...)?

Your question was already answered here: https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9909871#edit9909871

As to the "when" ? Logical guess would be the next numbered patch. (As the OP clearly states, as of now this thread is about BACK-END maintenance, not bug fixes)

But obviously, one would hope that BioWare plans on fixing that bug---just like every bug---as soon as they possible can.

They aren't magicians though. They work in CODE. :cool:

Edited by Nee-Elder
ugh WHY WON'T IT sometimes LET ME EDIT USING THE MESSAGE FORMATTING CLICKY WIDGETS????!!!!

Any chance this will maybe fix the set bonus achievements tracking?

Highly doubtful, since as i already mentioned in my earlier post (just above yours) , the OP states how this is what's known as 'BACK-END' maintenance. For your own edification, if you're interested in gaining some more inclusive perspective, the 'back-end' part generally refers to (and is restricted to) stuff like THIS. ( <--clicky hyperlink )

Most likely, the question you're asking will be addressed in a true PATCH type situation, whereby content and actual GAME bugs are patched. Something numbered coming up, like this: https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9910008#edit9910008 ...for example.

Edited by Nee-Elder

Well, for me it sounds exactly like the backend type maintenance. If what we understand about the bug is correct what they need to do is convert the bit values in database to whatever the new tracking system is, essentially running a script on the DB during downtime, without changing the application version.

Well, for me it sounds exactly like the backend type maintenance. If what we understand about the bug is correct what they need to do is convert the bit values in database to whatever the new tracking system is, essentially running a script on the DB during downtime, without changing the application version.

Possibly, but if that was on the agenda for the 12th, they (BioWare) certainly would've mentioned & listed such a FIX in the original post. ^^

I guess we'll all found out for certain on Tuesday though.

RNG sure is fun! :D

No ETA = no estimated time of arrival = lack of professionalism on the part of those who manage the game= little respect for paying players; also a group team consisting of a few people.

No offence, but lack of professionalism would be not telling us at all, I would much rather they keep the servers down for whatever reason they need it to be down for wether something with the server is broken or whatnot, thats why they do backend maintences for, to make sure things are correct and working okay, no estimated time of arrival could mean they dont know how long id take to rectify?

would you rather they give you a time of an extra hour then have to delay again? You talk about respect for paying players, how about showing a little respect for the people who work on the game dispite the fact that they dont have a large team.

EDIT: although I understand they didnt get a post written on here about the delay intime it was on their twitter pretty much ontime

Edited by jedisaten

No ETA = no estimated time of arrival = lack of professionalism on the part of those who manage the game= little respect for paying players; also a group team consisting of a few people.

This is, uh, probably an instance of confirmation bias.

Unintended errors happen. People mess up. When that happens, you can't exactly magically undo the error.

They:

- Informed us in a timely manner

- Communicated that servers will be back up ASAP

There's really nothing more professional.

Edited by jedimasterjac

If only you'd give away cartel coins at the very least to subscribers for lost time but you won't do even that. Poor management and zero professionalism.

and how many coins would you say the extra downtime is worth?

15$ per month is roughly 2 cents per hour so thats what... 2 cartel coins? (5$ for 450cc = 1.1c per coin)

you really think thats worth their, or your time?

would you rather they give you a time of an extra hour then have to delay again? You talk about respect for paying players, how about showing a little respect for the people who work on the game dispite the fact that they dont have a large team.

Not having a large team is not the problem of the paying customers is the outcome of an incompentent management.

Star Wars is a brand that in the right hands would be a chicken laying golden eggs.

Not having a large team is not the problem of the paying customers is the outcome of an incompentent management.

Star Wars is a brand that in the right hands would be a chicken laying golden eggs.

A forty minute delay on server downtime is not really some unforgiveable instance of incompetency.