Why Does George lucas

Xusi

How did George Lucas create something so incredible and ground breaking 30 years ago and then...

slip into the sirly bonds of doing less and less for it's fans?

I think Lucas does alot more today for his fans than 30years ago .

Novels are coming out like bullets out a assault rifle....

Games upon games upon games coming out left and right ....

EU comics

CloneWars CN Show

Lucas has had more imput into StarWars here recent than ever before , not to mention he was involved with Forces Unleshed . His daughter is working in the CloneWars writeing amazing stories . I think StarWars is getting a push like never before .

Just because no moves are coming out does not mean G.Lucas isn't doing anything in StarWars . The guy loves StarWars , it shows though his company to his own personal life .

Keep something in mind. When he created this universe, most of us were just kids. The entire thing was focused from the start, to be kid/family oriented. That has never changed. The core that grew up with the original stories just grew up.

Because it's his IP, and he does what he wants with it. He can't take criticism at all, and insists on doing everything his way. If people don't like it, tough cookies.

He has rewritten history in his re-releases time and again, making the new generation of fans believe that Greedo actually shot first, or got a shot off at all.

He has put blatant stupidity into his prequel scripts for the sake of continuity, and he makes no apologies. Now, I'm not saying he should. It's just that some people take criticism and turn it into something positive. He took the criticism of fans and said "NO MORE MOVIES FOR YOU!" The reason I'm not saying he should apologize is, frankly, because it's HIS IP. He can do whatever he wants with it.

All I would ask from him is maybe a bit of consistency with his work. Rewrites ruin stories, imo. The whole point of Han Solo gunning down Greedo in cold blood at the beginning of ANH was to show his evolution from selfish scoundrel into a true hero. Then that message was taken away by the latest re-release where Greedo shot first and missed.

And I've already said everything I need to say about the whole "Luke, Leia, *croak*" scene in Episode III.

I just find it incredibly amusing that George Lucas was vehemently against using modern technology to spruce up old movies. So much so that he was willing to speak out against it in congress...

From his lips:

'People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an exercise of power are barbarians, and if the laws of the United States continue to condone this behavior, history will surely classify us as a barbaric society.'

'These current defacements are just the beginning. Today, engineers with their computers can add color to black-and-white movies, change the soundtrack, speed up the pace, and add or subtract material to the philosophical tastes of the copyright holder. Tomorrow, more advanced technology will be able to replace actors with "fresher faces," or alter dialogue and change the movement of the actor's lips to match. It will soon be possible to create a new "original" negative with whatever changes or alterations the copyright holder of the moment desires.'

Yeah... we wouldnt want anyone to do that, now would we george? :p

Keep something in mind. When he created this universe, most of us were just kids. The entire thing was focused from the start, to be kid/family oriented. That has never changed. The core that grew up with the original stories just grew up.

Yeah, because those old films sure werent a hit with the older crowd...

oh wait...

http://storyfanatic.com/images/uploads/star-wars-fans-1977.jpg

Edited by OddballEasyEight

All I would ask from him is maybe a bit of consistency with his work. Rewrites ruin stories, imo. The whole point of Han Solo gunning down Greedo in cold blood at the beginning of ANH was to show his evolution from selfish scoundrel into a true hero. Then that message was taken away by the latest re-release where Greedo shot first and missed.

Concur. Re-writing that scene was absolute garbage.

How did George Lucas create something so incredible and ground breaking 30 years ago and then...

slip into the sirly bonds of doing less and less for it's fans?

Easy answer: Because he wants to make money.

Long answer: The six movies were his dream and his goal, to get all six done and finish the story. Try as much as possible to complete his epic creation. Once that's done...what's he in it for? Basically, dozens of people and companies are running at him, screaming, "Take our money! Please! Please! Allweneedisyoursignatureonthisincrediblylongdocumentthatletsusmakeadumbstarwarscartoon!"

So if he has no more investment in the franchise, and his personal story is finished, why not take the money?

I'm usually not overly concerned or agitated by this ordeal. I was, however, stricken with a feverish sense of having been cheated when I bought and played Force Unleashed 2. A game lasting only slightly longer than a demo, at full price, is a slap in the face. Granted, Lucas probably had little to do with that but still... gahh!