Consolidating Info on 16-man NiM Stormcaller and Firebrand

This is what we've been doing instead of flying off. As soon as the shields come up on the mini-map we move to them, no one takes unnecessary damage.

Can someone post their log from 16 man showing how much damage they take from defensive systems? There is alot of visual lag at times in the game, and lag with the hot bar and if you're taking damage from multiple sources it is hard to tell what is hitting you for what without looking through a log.

Can someone post their log from 16 man showing how much damage they take from defensive systems?

What do you mean by damage from defensive systems? Do you mean damage on the kiting tank, damage from the knockback, damage from the adds? I can tell you that using the knockback may be dangerous and unreliable, and that the only one's taking consistent damage are the kiting tank and the last DD soakers.

This is what we've been doing instead of flying off. As soon as the shields come up on the mini-map we move to them, no one takes unnecessary damage.

I actually stayed on the tank as long as possible to get as much damage in as possible before defensive systems is active. But I'm a sorcerer. Anyone with sprint can stay on and DPS and sprint with a second or two left on def. systems castbar.

I stayed on Firebrand until the very last second and used its knockback to get me to the shield. 9/10 I landed directly in the shield... the other times I stepped 2m and was in, no damage every taken.

Best way to maximize DPS without a sprint in my opinion.

What do you mean by damage from defensive systems? Do you mean damage on the kiting tank, damage from the knockback, damage from the adds? I can tell you that using the knockback may be dangerous and unreliable, and that the only one's taking consistent damage are the kiting tank and the last DD soakers.

I meant damage from the knock back, much like how i posted a log of the damage from 8 man. I asked for it because people were stating they were taking huge damage spikes from doing it, from unknown sources. I highly doubt that the damage would be more then 2k if that, and if people are taking additional damage it is from either; A) a bug or B) motor volley or C) single destruction. If it is a bug of some sort we will never know unless people document it, by sharing their logs.

As it stands you take less then 1k damage from the knock back when you dont have single destruction on you, in 8 man; making it a very viable and most likely prefer method to get the shields. I dont see anything that would cause a huge difference where it would become unfavorable to do in 16 man.

There is a large debate in our guild what was better, moving early to prevent catastrophe or being shot off the tank for added DPS. I opted for the latter and was able to take 0 ticks each time, but some others opted to leave early each time.

With the buggy tree at the back I always walked off and still managed to top the DPS in the group. Although I could have done more if I stayed I still didn't think it was worth the risk of bugging out or dying.

For anyone trying the DPS taunt off for incinerate method, I found that setting SC as a focus target and taunting immediately after the DD cast was the best timing. You'll always get incinerate and 9/10 times you won't take a hit from FB itself.

1 thing that hasn't been mentioned about this fight is how cost prohibitive it is. This fight is flat out expensive. I didn't watch any other videos of it so I can't speak for MoX or FF, but I know that in Chosen adrenals were absolutely necessary to meet the DPS requirements of the fight. The enrage timer is just long enough to be able to fit 3 in (cause yeah, you're gonna hit enrage). Even if you have guild biochems cranking them out the cost in mats will still be enormous.

The spire/yellow beam kiters relly do need to be healers. DPS give up way too much dmg doing it. Also .. they are 100 percent avoidable. The only other thing I can tell you as everyone does things a little different is that the majority of healing is on storm caller side. It takes 2.5 healers on storm and 1.5 on fire. This means that one of the fire healers has to be healing both sides. As far as the shields go if your people line up te shot properly they will take trivial dmg from the knock back. The instagibs you are experiencing is from not landing in the shield and getting hit with the first volley. All CC works on the shield phase I recommend stuns like the lightning sorc shield explode or flash bang. Also as a tip keep in mind storm side will always have a middle shield. This means you can send one group always to it and the other group can float between front and back.

The spire/yellow beam kiters relly do need to be healers. DPS give up way too much dmg doing it. Also .. they are 100 percent avoidable. The only other thing I can tell you as everyone does things a little different is that the majority of healing is on storm caller side. It takes 2.5 healers on storm and 1.5 on fire. This means that one of the fire healers has to be healing both sides. As far as the shields go if your people line up te shot properly they will take trivial dmg from the knock back. The instagibs you are experiencing is from not landing in the shield and getting hit with the first volley. All CC works on the shield phase I recommend stuns like the lightning sorc shield explode or flash bang. Also as a tip keep in mind storm side will always have a middle shield. This means you can send one group always to it and the other group can float between front and back.

We had a sage DPS as one of the runners and his DPS was fine (hovering around 1700).

Madness/Balance I sage I assume. Yeah its possible if they are really good. We simply had an Op healer and myself on my merc healer doing it and it worked sooo much better with the comp we had available. It came down to either I do it on my merc healer or I do it on my Lightning sorc (I like underdogs dont hate on my lightning dps) Obviously with those options it was easier to do the merc healer.

Madness/Balance I sage I assume. Yeah its possible if they are really good. We simply had an Op healer and myself on my merc healer doing it and it worked sooo much better with the comp we had available. It came down to either I do it on my merc healer or I do it on my Lightning sorc (I like underdogs dont hate on my lightning dps) Obviously with those options it was easier to do the merc healer.

Our sage that ran is probably the best hybrid balance sage in the world atm (does a lot of theorycrafting and is pretty well known by sages) and having him run was probably a big DPS loss but it worked well for us and it died so while not the most efficient, it is still perfectly viable.

Yeah I did the hybrid thing and pumped out the dmg but then decided it was too boring and went pure lightning. Plus .. I cant call myself and underdog if I dont play the underdog specs : P

Hybrid is far better than lightning on most fights. Lightning only works well with no movement (not a lot of fights).

We had a sage DPS as one of the runners and his DPS was fine (hovering around 1700).

I can vouch that 1700+ DPS is easily achievable while kiting tanks on this fight. While it varied for me at times, being in an inspiration group and NOT using adrenals, I still pulled off 1700-1750 multiple times. I admit I had some bad runs where I'd dip to 1500 or so - it all depends on how well I am cycling my dots between the two tanks. I am full Balance for this fight and am now very familiar with FF's Sage's hybrid build ;p Obviously that extra dot lets me do a little extra DPS.

We haven't killed in 16 man yet like you guys, but thought it was worth throwing out there for discussion purposes.

Hybrid is far better than lightning on most fights. Lightning only works well with no movement (not a lot of fights).

Yeah my problem with hybrid is it is only a small bit harder than playing a PT. There is not real challenge to it to pull good numbers. My second problem with it is for 50 more dps (that is what I average over my lightning spec) it is just not worth it.

Also I personally have never been out dps'd by a hybrid sorc, this could be from not having adequate challengers or the fact that I parse on average about 10-20 hours a week (not a joke it is what I do when I'm bored and just chatting) and my gear is absolutely min maxed. I also do my own theory crafting,. I keep up to date with whats being said online but rarely agree with what they find and do better than the number crunchers online do. Never underestimate what determination and obsessive tweaking of your rotation (and spec depending on the fight between heavy aoe dmg and single target) will do.

I personally prefer lightning for the more complicated rotation and the ability to continue dps'ing while moving. You said it doesn't have mobility but with proper timing of instant abilities (up to 4 of them) you can use force speed to re-position and never stop attacking on most fights. Also any fight with a burn phase IE TFB Kephess Lightning will win hands down for burst dps. (Pre Affliction -> Polarity Shift -> Adrenal/Relic ->Crushing Darkness hit right at drop -> TB->I Recklessness -> Crit FL -> Crit Shock -> Crit CL -> TB)

Anywho its personal preference but I would love to see some parses from your hyrbid. The last one that claimed to beat my dps was having someone outside of his group armor debuff the target dummy to raise his dmg. (figured it out when my internal dmg was higher but his kinetic was higher.) Not saying I do more than your guy I just like to keep up to date on the potential of the class in the hands of competent people.

Soooo just did this on 8 man nightmare... It's a joke compared what 16 man once was. No enrage, only 1 double destruction each phase. Only difference between HM and NiM was the exploding mob which isn't even a problem!

On another topic, 16 man after nerf. What are differences?

Soooo just did this on 8 man nightmare... It's a joke compared what 16 man once was. No enrage, only 1 double destruction each phase. Only difference between HM and NiM was the exploding mob which isn't even a problem!

On another topic, 16 man after nerf. What are differences?

Only one. When you push into the last 5% of the health pools there used to be an enrage....now there is not.