Eternity Vault Nightmare Mode, SOA is absolutely insane.

Today we cleared through 4/5 EV on Nightmare (now that it's fixed to actually be Nightmare). The pylons are bugged, but there's a trick to the encounter that makes it completable.

The SOA encounter though... I really think is impossible.

SOA has over 1 million health, but that's not the insane bit.

The mind traps, that you HAVE to kill or be down players have 218k HP.

Our top DPS, that beat every boss, on nightmare, despite enrage timers, can't keep up with these traps much less actually get any DPS on the boss.

This is nuts compared to the 25k that they have in Hard mode. Unless there is a mechanic that isn't working properly I don't see this boss dying anytime soon. My thoughts are almost that the mob inside the mind traps triggers something, but having killed him dozens of times, it's clear he doesn't do anything.

Today we cleared through 4/5 EV on Nightmare (now that it's fixed to actually be Nightmare). The pylons are bugged, but there's a trick to the encounter that makes it completable.

The SOA encounter though... I really think is impossible.

SOA has over 1 million health, but that's not the insane bit.

The mind traps, that you HAVE to kill or be down players have 218k HP.

Our top DPS, that beat every boss, on nightmare, despite enrage timers, can't keep up with these traps much less actually get any DPS on the boss.

This is nuts compared to the 25k that they have in Hard mode. Unless there is a mechanic that isn't working properly I don't see this boss dying anytime soon. My thoughts are almost that the mob inside the mind traps triggers something, but having killed him dozens of times, it's clear he doesn't do anything.

What's the trick for pylons....?

The recent changes to soa on nightmare 8 man seems pretty crazy, we saw the 200k hp on the mind traps and just decided to kill soa on hardmode. Nobody has truly killed 8 man nightmare soa if this is the intended version. The hardmode hp was the exact same hp on nightmare before the patch.

We did get a cool mount though, http://i.imgur.com/zcWgR.jpg

Adam <vodka>

Edited by Adamzee

Just curious, but have you tested to see if there is a mechanic change for nightmare mode? Specifically, I'm wondering if you might have to drag orbs to the mind traps and have them blow up and damage them? I know it doesn't do that in hard mode, but it's certainly possible some things work differently on nightmare mode for the end boss. Not likely, but I wanted to ask. Edited by RageFury

They killed the boss on hardmode not nightmare. The boss was not correctly toggled to nightmare. Our guild also killed the boss while it was in that state, its not much of a feat.

Adam <vodka>

Edited by Adamzee

Probably missing a mechanic? Here's a kill video from Irae AoD, one of the top WoW raiding guilds that migrated over to SWTOR:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=D66Fy3s6WA8

If you took the time to read my post, and watch the video you posted, or even had entered the encounter yourself on either hard or nightmare, you would have realized that something was wrong.

I gave very specific values for the health of SOA and Mindtraps in Nightmare. SOA has slightly over a million, the traps have 218k HP.

They killed the boss on hardmode not nightmare. The boss was not correctly toggled to nightmare. Our guild also killed the boss while it was in that state, its not much of a feat.

Adam <vodka>

Yup, in the video the Boss has 890k HP, Mindtraps have 25k. This is on Hardmode, despite the title. It was probably before Nightmare got fixed given that it was posted the day of the fix, so the instance was set on nightmare, but it wasn't a nightmare encounter. Certainly not a world first.

Edited by Kuvera