Cartel Mounts

Nhazgul

Yeah it costs a little more CC to unlock the mount account-wide - it depends on the rarity type (more rare the more CC)- there is a little button on the collections tab when you hover over the mount that will allow you to purchase it account wide (you will just have to be on a different toon to unlock it fully I believe).

As I understand cartel purchased mounts are account wide. What if i were to purchase a cartel mount through the Auction House, is it still account wide when equipped?

As said above, you need to pay an "unlock fee" (CC) to unlock mounts bought on the Cartel Market or CM mounts bought on the GTN.

But NOTE - not all mounts available on the GTN are unlockable. Some come from mission rewards, etc. (I think unlockable mounts will not say "Locked in Collections" or similar, in their description.)

Edited by JediQuaker

• 2 weeks later...
Have to pay twice to unlock something account wide is a complete ripoff. All purchased items should be account wide already.

The unlock fee is less than the cost of a second item and allows every character you have now and every character you ever create in the future to claim unlimited copies of the item, so "complete ripoff" is an extravagant way to put it. If there wasn't a separate unlock fee, they would incorporate it into (that is, raise) the price of the item, so I'd have to pay for you to unlock it... (Assuming that I bought it on the CM and you bought it from me on the GTN.)

I'd also point out that compared to some other substantial MMORPGs, the Collections system is amazingly generous.

Example: I buy an interesting item appearance in FF14. Can I use it on other characters? *No*. There is *no* way for me to get even a discount if I want to use it on one other character, much less a discounted version that lets me use the item on *all* my other characters...