NPC limit for Stongholds still a thing?

Dak_fireraker

I thought the NPC limit was removed from Strongholds some time ago. but while trying to decorate my Yavin Stronghold I got the "Limit of NPCs reached" message. Is this still a thing, and if it is, any chance it will finally go away with one of the new updates? Edited by Dak_fireraker

Hahaha I was placing all available companions in my SH and that msg popped up, i was like W*T*F? It's a dumb restriction in my own house. Now, I'm at the point where I reached the limit of item I can place in my SH and I have ton open slot left. What's the point buying SH and couldn't decorate to the way I wanted with all these dumb restrictions?

Now, SH is just a fast travel point for me no more no less.

Edited by Xbladez

I've only got the first room opened so far, having to restart from scratch. I've got all the necessary utilities, which is more convenient than having to go to the ship for everything. Serious decorating can wait, say 6 months, when I've finished the class stories again.

I thought the NPC limit was removed from Strongholds some time ago. but while trying to decorate my Yavin Stronghold I got the "Limit of NPCs reached" message. Is this still a thing, and if it is, any chance it will finally go away with one of the new updates?

The NPC limit was, if memory serves, a performance thing. What they did was raise it and remove the "this is an NPC" status from some decorations, which made the limit less, er, limiting, but it is still there.

I have a pet - a "Phantasmal something" that gives me the NPC limit message when I try to place it in my SH. :)

That is because pets, companions, and NPCs all count toward the limit.

Why would there be a limit you ask? Because they have animations attached to them.. each of which requires resources to render correctly. I think they way they implemented Strongholds is such that all strongholds use resources for placed items or NPCs... and as such.. I can see why that could become a performance problem on the server side given the number of Strongholds active in any given instance zone (I believe Strongholds all share the same pool of resources on the server side).. There are a number of things about Strongholds that indicate they are performance intensive in some ways... hence the lag I see when I click on my legacy stronghold between open and actual UI displaying it open.

I know some players only care about themselves.... but the fact is.. this is an MMO and in the end.. we all are sharing the same server resources.

Edited by Andryah

I know some players only care about themselves.... but the fact is.. this is an MMO and in the end.. we all are sharing the same server resources.

Don't blame the players! It's all BW fault that they don't have enough resource to keep thing run smoothly but created the content and found out they could not afford it and place all kind of restrictions to keep thing in order. Why would they sell me a house with 500 open slot but only allow me to place 275 items? It's like you selling your 4 bedroom house and told the new owner that he/she can only use 2 of the rooms.....

Edited by Xbladez

That is because pets, companions, and NPCs all count toward the limit. .

That may or may not be true, but I've placed several pets in my SH after getting the "NPC" message on only that Phantasmal.

It's specifically the "Phantasmal Mouse Horranth" pet - I believe it's just a glitch on that one specific pet. (It has happened before with other pets and mounts - it usually gets fixed in some patch.)

So, to the original poster - check if it's just a particular item that is getting the "NPC limit" message.

Edited by JediQuaker